Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofheck82

Wayne Static dead at 48

I knew him 15 years ago through friends. I have my own opinions.

Damn, that's pretty young.. I like a few Static X songs, though I don't much about the guy honestly.

to be honest, I thought Wisconsin Death Trip was the only solid album of Static-X. the rest of their albums were okay at best but not as great. still, this is very sad news indeed.

Rest in Peace, but his shitty gimmicky band sucked and his haircut annoyed me probably a lot more than it should have, and the movement they were part of is one of the reasons why I do not miss the late 90's early 2000's.... death is never a good thing though, and it is still sad news.

I was just listening to some static-x songs the last few days and then i encountered this and went ; what the ?!?
Well people die, and like almost anybody all i knew where a few songs.

I knew him personally. This hit me hard last night as I was hoping to reconnect with the guy in the next few weeks when his band came by this side of the country.

I managed to see his reformed version of Static-X while on tour and it was pretty clear he letting his addictions get the better of him. He was slamming shots and mixed drink through out the show. The last few songs of the gig where pretty bad because of it. I think it's a pretty safe bet his addictions got the better of him.

It's a shame that he let his ego and his wife get in the way of his band. When you start parading your wife around on stage and claim that your band members left because they are jealous of her, it's time to rethink things. I was really into Static-X in high school and the band seemed to really take off again before things went south.

Funny, I thought Static Shock was a black guy.

Poor joking aside, RIP. Never really listened to anything of his, and his haircut is lulzy, but damn. Rockers an their habits, not good. 48 is pretty young for this kind of thing. Too bad.

Apparently, he died in his sleep. I don't think 5 years of clean living is going to make up for 30 years of being a human sewage depository.

I know this guy died really young, but damn he was old to be who he was. Now I get the impression he was a young teenager in a adult body. When I look at guys in Ozzy Osbourne, Aerosmith, AC/DC, etc, I usually get the impression they are adults. But this guy was like a child and didn't seem like a bad buy. I think a drummer from this band also got arrested for sleeping with a 14 year old. I can't recall any other band members like this from my perspective.