Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Springy

Blasphemer discussion

Thread for Blasphemer related discussion. Can be used to post ideas, sprite work, maps and the like. Also to be used as a useful links kind of resource.

IRC: irc.zandronum.com Channel: #Blasphemer

Google Project Page Resources file is here along with the wiki which contains information about maps, sprites and objectives list.

UPDATE: NOW MOVED TO GITHUB. Courtesy of Cacowad.

Ports: Limit removing port will be requiired some examples:
Chocolate Heretic and Chocolate Heretic patch. Courtesy of the Chocolate Heretic team and Hex.
Heretic +. Needs the original .exe to patch.

Rules for submission.

All resources i.e music, sprites and levels MUST be made from scratch in order to prevent copyright violation. If you fail to comply with these rules your work will be rejected and you'll be told to make it from scratch. Thank you.

Submission list:
Cacowad:
E1M1
DM maps.
Includes a map by Rellik.
Another possible map
Horror Movie Guy: Still more to update.
Evil spirit.
Possible Iron Lich.
Raymoo Hawk: Still more to update.
Possible monsters.
Eriance:
Weapons.
DooMAD:
A new sky graphic by DooMAD was implemented at some stage.
Big Project Alone:
Various sprites for enemies.
Angry Saint:
Possible map.
Protox:
Various tid bits, maps and some sounds.

Still missing a few I am aware but this will be updated and placed into a form of credits text file.

can we get a list of maps that its missing for blasphemer and what are the format requeriments for them? i have one or 2 maps i made for heretic and probably i can shape them in order to fit the format required.

otherwise i can make them from scratch.

Z0k said:

can we get a list of maps that its missing for blasphemer and what are the format requeriments for them? i have one or 2 maps i made for heretic and probably i can shape them in order to fit the format required.

otherwise i can make them from scratch.

As I said, it's all on the wiki part. https://code.google.com/p/blasphemer/wiki/MapCompletionList

Catoptromancy said:

I like spreadsheets. Maybe something like this would be useful for blasphemer?

Cheers, I will perhaps look into that it certainly looks like it could be handy.

Alrighty then! im going to start mapping after im done with my second map for doom64ex, and i love doing heretic maps.

Guest Unregistered account

This is so cool, I'm currently working on a MAP01 for Blasphemer!

I did submitted a E1M1 about a year ago (http://teamhellspawn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=397&sid=e07e84775aaa7aec569f76bf831f2d34), let us see how they compare then. ;)

Anyway for those who didn't know, this is the blasphemer subforum existing at Doomad's site:
http://teamhellspawn.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=15&sid=bf2065243e0f02d8213d1fc0b262efeb

i post it just to let everyone know the (small) progress there were made.

Now just for the sake of not being pedantic take those screenies, they are from a DM episode that i will release to public shame once i finish the last map.

Cacowad, I just played your E1M1 and it's really nice. The atmosphere is appropriately gloomy and the graveyard section looks great. My only suggestion would be to raise the light level a little in the interior sections - it's a little too dark as is. Either way I think it would be a good addition to the project.

fraggle said:

As I recall, the levels from HYMN were going to be donated to Blasphemer. Did these ever get incorporated?

At the moment, no however, I am more than happy to include a few but I will have to discuss and/or decide what maps will fit into which episode. There will be three episodes of normal maps done before deciding whether or not it is worth doing the other single player episodes.

@Cacowad That looks fucking sexy, sunshine.

I took some of Eriance's recently released sprites and cut them into appropriately named individual files to replace weapon 6 (Heretic's Phoenix Rod), including all the projectile, explosion, and pickup sprite frames. I have no idea how to put them into the game but the pngs are all here: https://imgur.com/a/m6Bac#0 This leaves only the two melee weapons (1a and 1b) without sprites.

Incorporating Cacowad's E1M1 and the eight HYMN maps would drastically improve the current map situation.

i certain can donate my uncontinued project to us the mine "heretic Shareware DM" that my wad that uses only wepoans found at shareware heretic the maps are cool :D

Nice to see Blasphemer getting some love on DW.
I was going to post this on TeamHellspawn's blasphemer subforum, but this makes things a lot easier.
In the little free time that I have I managed to start making this monster as a replacement for the Golem/Mummy.
http://imgur.com/AM5TCCg
It's suppose to be a human possessed by an evil spirit(inspired by the Deadites from Evil Dead). His death animation would have the spirit escaping his body as he slowly falls apart in a bloody mess and his skin slowly returning to it's normal human tone.

It's not finished yet, and, like raymoohawk there, I'll only be able to get back to it around december.
Before I go into further details though, I wanna know if this is bizarre enough for Blasphemer? The wiki says the monsters should be twisted and evil looking the stronger they are. Mummies aren't really that high up in heretic's monster hierarchy, so I thought this design was okay, but what do you guys think?

IMO that looks very good and appropriate for the project.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

In the little free time that I have I managed to start making this monster as a replacement for the Golem/Mummy.
http://imgur.com/AM5TCCg

Nice, I like it. Has a bleak and desolate look to it, so should fit in well.

That sprite is very "holy shit, my trousers have just bunched up" worthy. It does, in my opinion, appear to be lacking something. I am not sure what it is, it's possibly the colours but when that is finished consider it in.

Perhaps we could think of a story for Blasphemer. It'd be good to at least have a rough idea of the story at this stage, to aid level and monster designers, and to further differentiate the game from Heretic.

I ran through some original Heretic maps using the Blasphemer iwad, and I think that things feel a bit more Lovecraftian in Blasphemer (particularly the one monster that's been completed, and the demon head textures), perhaps that'd be a good starting point for a story?

Always glad to see new(?) spriters around here!

About the story, rigth now is a bit vague for what i can remember... there was an invasion, apparently you died in battle, but instead you awake in a tomb with a powerful artifact near you... i don't know, i suppose it is important for inspiration? (since i made my map after reading that i suppose it is).

Anyway... the DM pack is more or less ready and playable, i playtested it with bots on Zandronum, but it takes ages to switch map (it litterally takes 3\4 minutes to load each one, i don't know why), so i will do some more testing when i have some more time.

What there is in it? 8 DM maps made by me and a modification to the current E4M3 (made by Rellik and converted by Jute) on the e1m9 slot, that map felt really incomplete imo.

Eventually i'll post it on the blasphemer forum, note that only the ones YOU consider better will be in fact donated into the project (if there is any), the others will be put in the trash bin where they belong. On a final note, suggestions and criticism are wery well welcomed.

The link: https://www.mediafire.com/?0g7bgair9m62987

Hey, I came up with a concept for the Ophidian replacement:

http://i.imgur.com/UGPb8RZ.jpg

Yes, it's another wizard! I also came up with a manual description for them:

The Blasphemer manual shalt read:
Husk Wizard
These sly sorcerers are humans who gave up their souls to
[GAME BADDIE] in exchange for unmarginal power. They now prowl around, practically mindless but with an appetite for destruction. Watch out for the string of deadly, magical projectiles they fire from their staffs, as well as a single stronger blast.

Eh? Eh? This monster should be fairly easy to make, since Heretic's monsters have a ridiculously small number of firing frames (the Ophidian and Iron Lich only have a single frame).

Hey, I tried my luck at drawing the Ophidian replacement I'd come up with: It looks pretty bad (compare dimensions to the sketch: needs a lot of work). Here it is anyway:

What do you think? It's my first ever pixel art work, so obviously it's kind of lacking in all kinds of important things. But for a first effort, I don't hate it. *Shrugs*

Honestly. I think the head is just way too big. Looks like a bobblehead.

Not bad for a first try!
If it stuck closer to the sketch thogh, it'd be excelent. Once I finish my current sprites, I could give it a try, and maybe make a human variation of him to be used as the player(If the project leaders are okay with it, ofcourse). I think it would be interesting to have the strongest enemies be similar to the player.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

Not bad for a first try!
If it stuck closer to the sketch thogh, it'd be excelent. Once I finish my current sprites, I could give it a try, and maybe make a human variation of him to be used as the player(If the project leaders are okay with it, ofcourse). I think it would be interesting to have the strongest enemies be similar to the player.

I have no problem with this, we need a player sprite and that is very crucial to completing the next step.

Man, i'm so late in responding to this, Joe i think that right now it looks a bit too similar to the heretic one, but could work if you can differentiate him enough.

Anyway have anybody gave a look to the dm maps i posted some time ago? i didn't got any response since... should i make a separate tread over at the blasphemer forum?

How about using rejected DTWiD and D2TWiD maps? They could be retextured with the appropriate items replaced. Obviously this would require the permission of the original authors, but there are some nice maps in there that would be useful should their authors be okay with it.