Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Well, the new call of duty is pretty laughable.

No surprise there, but really, look at this:

Maybe the new Call of Dooty should feature a "press space to put the red key in the lock" function.

If that image is real then it is laughable, but the graphics do not seem to be real and even close to
Advanced warfare, at least not compared to what gamespot has to show.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/everything-you-need-to-know-about-call-of-duty-adv/1100-6423310/

Well i do not hate stories in video games nor gameplay mechanics made to add that story in a more
interactive way then "here is mr. pre-rendered video' or here is 'lady in game cutscene'. (lol)

But the scene in that image shown by the OP looks horrible, extremely ugly , over the top patriotic,
and stupid.

NO THAT IS ACTUALLY THE NEW METAL GEAR SOLID, EVERYONE DROP THE MUD AND START JIZZING WITH EXCITE!

Context is important, I'd say. It's going to be unbearably stupid in a CoD game, of course. A cherry blossom tree, really? Just like in muh animus! I hope pressing a wrong button sends you into an awkward speech where you accidentally insult the widow and you need to tap X QTE-style to stop the trainwreck as your character buries himself deeper.

dew said:

I hope pressing a wrong button sends you into an awkward speech where you accidentally insult the widow and you need to tap X QTE-style to stop the trainwreck as your character buries himself deeper.

I hope they include this, then the game would actually have some degrees of non-linearity, heh.

"I'm pressing X but nothing is happening"

"No no no. You press X to Jason. You hold X to pay respects"

Your appalling lack of respect for our brave men and women in uniform causes the game to delete itself and brick your system.

StevieCybernetik said:

Lol wut. I feel this should become a meme whenever a very unliked person dies.

HAHAHAHAH, this is brilliant!

If that's the only reason it sucks, I have no hope for video game interactions at all. I'm sure other games have you interacting with things and this is no different.

But guys! It's a cinematic experience!

It would be fun if the coffin either had a bomb in it or some dude popped out causing a shootout. You know, to make the scene less boring.

How ironic. Don't those silly overworked Activision drones realize that contextualizing and trivializing something like that removes the weight of the action and makes a mockery of it?

FireFish said:

If that image is real then it is laughable, but the graphics do not seem to be real and even close to
Advanced warfare, at least not compared to what gamespot has to show.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/everything-you-need-to-know-about-call-of-duty-adv/1100-6423310/

Well i do not hate stories in video games nor gameplay mechanics made to add that story in a more
interactive way then "here is mr. pre-rendered video' or here is 'lady in game cutscene'. (lol)

But the scene in that image shown by the OP looks horrible, extremely ugly , over the top patriotic,
and stupid.

It's real, I saw it on my playthrough. At 3:31:

BlackFish said:

But guys! It's a cinematic experience!

It would be fun if the coffin either had a bomb in it or some dude popped out causing a shootout. You know, to make the scene less boring.

In the Death Knights of Krynn intro sequence, the eulogy is interrupted by a bunch of gatecrashers - and they're not Westboro Baptists.

Activision could do worse than to follow that lead.

GreyGhost said:

In the Death Knights of Krynn intro sequence, the eulogy is interrupted by a bunch of gatecrashers - and they're not Westboro Baptists.

Activision could do worse than to follow that lead.

[fanboy]Oh but it's by Sledgehammer this time, not Activision!!11one[/fanboy] Also, you can get through most levels just by sprinting to the checkpoint and pressing the buttons when prompted in quick time events, no need to kill a single person.

Even the advertising has been dumbed down!!

The Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare release date is November 3rd, not November 4th. This is important because the game comes out on a Monday instead of a Tuesday.

If you are picking the game up in-store make sure you plan to stop Monday. For users who order online, look for a delivery sometime Monday as well.

If you want to go out and get the game at midnight, you need to stay up late Sunday night instead of Monday night. You don’t want to mess that up.

I think they're trying to tell me something about the release date, but I just can't... figure out... what... I better ask mom.

invictius said:

It's real, I saw it on my playthrough At 3:31.
youtube video code ; sa-S_g4w18U

I completely lost any grain of interest in this after the nationalistic propaganda where all the American flag
coffins are show while talking about killing Korean soldiers or something. And the press x to pay respect
scene looks very low quality, and out of place.

I've watched like 25min of it. This game is yet another parade of completely nonsensical events and retarded progression. I could write 10 paragraphs on how stupid those 25min were.

StevieCybernetik said:

Lol wut. I feel this should become a meme whenever a very unliked person dies.

The comment made my day :D

I have never played any CoD, but I'd like to do it, so I can form an opinion based on first-hand experience.... but such screenshots make it really HARD for me to actually buy the game, install and try it out :D