Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Question about Doom's Graphics

How good did you think Doom's graphics were for their time?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How good did you think Doom's graphics were for their time?

• Breath-taking
    • Excelllent
    • Very Good
    • Good, but a little pixelly
    • Mediocre
    • Bad

How good did you think Doom(2)'s graphics were back when the game was new?

Kind of one-sided, don't you think?

Edit: Ah, that's better. The wonders of 'edit poll'.

I lost my breath when I saw Doom. I had been told that the graphics were much better than Wolf3d, but this was beyond what I had imagined - dammit, the weapons looked so real back then.

They were great, of course, but i didn't pay much attention to the graphics back then.

schepe incoherently spluttered:
this thread is a retard

an retarded
Get it right.

Lament spluttered:
they sucked so BADLY

Damn n00b, the graphics back then were the best you could get.

Note: Stupidity cannot be concealed.

HEY NIGGA, you're more of a 'n00b' then mah dawg Lament ever has been or will be so why don't you quit trippin, gimme yo wallet, slap yo ass around and get da fuck off mah lawn, dig?

I think Doom's graphics are just good enough to make you feel involved in the game (even anno 2002). And that's really only how good they need to be. Level design and gameplay is much more important than graphics as long as that one criterium is fulfilled. Wolfenstein 3d for example doesn't look good enough to make me feel involved in the game and thus it sucks. Quake3 and Doom both look good enough, but since Doom has better gameplay, Doom > Q3.

This will all probably change when a photorealistic game comes along. Maybe Doom3, maybe not until many years into the future. With such a game on the market, everything else will look hopelessly unrealistic and wont allow for the same level of immersion in the game anymore. Just like what happened in 1993 when Doom was released.

Liam the Bard said:

HEY NIGGA, you're more of a 'n00b' then mah dawg Lament ever has been or will be so why don't you quit trippin, gimme yo wallet, slap yo ass around and get da fuck off mah lawn, dig?

???
I thought Lament was on about Dooms graphics.

Just because I have a lower post count than Lament dosen't make me stupid! You all get angry WAY too easily.

Mad_AX666 said:

Just because I have a lower post count than Lament dosen't make me stupid!

Yes, but you also have a more recent registration date. YOU LOWLY WORM, YOU.

Liam the Bard said:

I ain't seen yo wallet yet bitch!

I ain't seen your license to beg fer money biaaatch :-P

Mad_AX666 said:

Just because I have a lower post count than Lament dosen't make me stupid! You all get angry WAY too easily.

Umm...he's been registered since 11-00 and you have been here since 5-02 and your calling HIM a newbie...right.

Yo yo yo, you keep tellin' me to back the fuck off, what you wanna do? Huh? WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANNA DO ABOUT IT, MOTHAFUCKA?! I'll bust this here enti' clip of bullets in yo low-down, greasy, motherfuckin' ass! What you goan do, bitch? Run home and cry, run home and cry to that two-dolla whore you call y'all's momma! Stupid-ass ho, skanky BITCH!!!

Bah.
Liam, since when did Esco become your role model?

DooMBoy said:

Bah.
Liam, since when did Esco become your role model?

Ugh