Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CorSair

Bored? Internet Arcade has some old games

Basically, nothing special, we got truckloads of flash games already, or games in our smartphones. But if you have slow day and feeling for some retro games, fancy yourself to look here. Most of the games are from between 1970 to 1990, some are coin operated and made to work in browser.

Have a look:
https://archive.org/details/internetarcade

kind of funny seeing the archive do that as the legal status should probably be a bit to wonky for an archive
dangling at the edge of anything legal...

it is impossible for me to be amazed at this tough...
emulators are absolutely nothing special, SNES and SEGA emulators already where used in the end 90's
and 12 years ago people just downloaded the emulator to secretly use on school computers... (lol)

Nothing special, really, but I like how they're all in a big collection in one place so I don't have to go hunting for ROMs (I know it's really not that difficult, but there is a touch of convenience to it I like, especially as you don't actually have to download anything). Only real downside is it's hosted on archive.org, and while I greatly admire all they do to preserve the history of the Internet and computers, they're not exactly known for their speed.

I remember Shockwave.com had a lot of legally licensed arcade in Flash form games.

Technician said:

Remember about thirteen or so years back when the net was filled to the brim with Java arcade clones?

I remember about thirteen or so years back when there were actual arcades to go to.

Why playing arcades on internet when i got Neoragex, Mame and M.U.G.E.N?
Then again it's not a bad ideia but when it comes to Neo Geo i think it's not worth that much to play it on the internet.
And it's not a suprise since most people use emulators to play games(except Pcsx2) and arcades.
But it comes in handy if i'm on different place and i don't have my games usb with me.

Kontra Kommando said:

I remember about thirteen or so years back when there were actual arcades to go to.

13 years ago i was playing on the playstation 1 and playstation 2, the only arcades i ever touched
in my life stood in carnival set-ups where they had those ancient house of the dead machines,
and maybe time splitter.

But looking at japan and their HD arcades i wonder why the west abandoned them.

Time Splitters series - the best shooter for PS2, hands down. I would bet on Splitters any day of the week.

FireFish said:

13 years ago i was playing on the playstation 1 and playstation 2, the only arcades i ever touched
in my life stood in carnival set-ups where they had those ancient house of the dead machines,
and maybe time splitter.

But looking at japan and their HD arcades i wonder why the west abandoned them.

I remember there being an arcade by my high school. I used to go there with my friends. But then it eventually became a laundry mat. It had some cool light-gun games, and retro games as well.