Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

LCD monitor always looks like it's clipping

You know when you have vsync off and get clipping? I'm getting that with all video files with fast movement and youtube, about 80-90% of the way up the screen. Kinda looks a bit like when a vhs tape would output a "bent" picture towards the top. Never experienced anything like this before, what could it be?

Is your video card putting out the correct refresh rate for it? Many - but not all - LCD panels put out at 60 Hz.

WildWeasel said:

Is your video card putting out the correct refresh rate for it? Many - but not all - LCD panels put out at 60 Hz.

Yes, it seems it is. I can't think of anything I've changed to make it happen, I rarely screw with resolution and nothing under nvidia control panel or anything like that.

Not gonna lie, could be a failing GPU. Is it only with videos, or do you notice problems with hardware accelerated games?

Nomad said:

Not gonna lie, could be a failing GPU. Is it only with videos, or do you notice problems with hardware accelerated games?

I second this notion. My screen did similar things when my GPU was just about dead too. It started to 'roll' the picture like as you described, a poorly tracked VHS tape.