Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chronohunter45

Doomworld Daddy Thread

I'm not usually one to start a thread unless its something informative or a tutorial, but having just joined the daddy club, I figured I'd see if anyone else here is a doomworld daddy.

Doomworld daddy general, I suppose.

Looking forward to having an excuse to play through all of my favourite megawads and some other classics like earth and alien vendetta again...albeit one handed...

Because, you know...my daughter will be sleeping on my chest with the other arm holding her?

I re-read that and had to explain, as it could easily be misinterpreted...

Lawl...

Also, inB4 someone posts BJ from wolfenstein with his pacifier.

I'm glad I read the whole post.

I'm a doomworld daddy! I have some old pics somewhere of playing Doom and Quake with my little brat!

I'm pretty sure there are a few doomworld mommies and at least one doomworld granny around here too!

That's pretty awesome that you guys are passing on this great game experience to your kids. It's bright, loud, fast, maze-like, sometimes scary, and teaches you to solve puzzles.

My dad let me watch Doom for a long time while I sat on his lap. I got good enough to press the fire button, try to understand what the switches activated, switch weapons, ration ammo, and sometimes press the spacebar. This game pretty much rocked my world for a while. All my imaginary games turned into Doom, Quake, Hexen, Hexen 2, and some other shooters and RPGs. I was drawing Doom maps and then playing through them in my mind or acting them out.

I think people were kind of worried about me for a while but I turned out all right I think. As long as a kid can understand what is make-believe and what is purely for entertainment and imaginative purposes, the kids will turn out all right. That's just my two cents though I'm no father I have lived through that kind of experience in my childhood.

While I'm not a dad. I've been the baby sitter for my cousin's 4 girls. They're horrible, but maybe I'm just weak at being the authority. I often need to split them up to different corners of the house so they won't pick fights with each other. The 2 oldest fight with each other, the 2 youngest fight with each other.

Times that I've baby sat overnight, I always wake up every hour thinking oh no I fell asleep and someone broke in to kill the kids. Not on my watch! Then I check everything because I'm paranoid.

Her kids, when they're babies they never allowed themselves to be held like a normal baby. No over the shoulder, no cradling in your arms. They only liked to be held belly down. Like a flying position. It was interesting.

I'm a Doomworld Daddy. My boy Dylan plays Doom quite regularly and we play Legacy split screen co-op sometime too.

Here's a clip of us playing through the first episode of Visions of Hell on YouTube. He is my playtester for skill 1 and co-op:

He's even tried his hand at making his own levels. Although he hasn't done much in the last couple of years, he got a Cacoward mention with these levels:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/doom2/m-o/mbm6yos.zip

My wife loved the pictures and the video, fellas. She says she expects me to be the same. We even have the pack in play in the office/game room too, and have a patterned light cover on the ceiling light so that the bright light won't bother her when we turn it on.

I'm still checking her breathing every 5 minutes it seems, new father paranoia.

Not a Doomworld dad but a Doomworld uncle, heh. My niece is about 2 months old and definitely takes looks from him.

I've always had the intention of fathering children someday. Though, its not something I plan on doing in the immediate future. First thing I'll have to do is find a suitable woman to be my wife and mother of my children. However, marriage is not something I plan on in the immediate future either. I'll be 30 in 2015, nevertheless, I'm aiming to find someone 10 years younger than me.

I have a nephew and a niece who I spend time with whenever I can.
Also got three schoolclasses of kids at work which I teach.