Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Worf

PK3 Explorer/DMDMD2 Converter For Windows X86 & X64 (discontinued)

PK3 Explorer

Allows you too create/open PK3 files to add or remove files.
View textures from inside the PK3 file in the 'Texture Viewer'
You can also open standard zip files.

Texture Viewer

Allows you to View the texture of the model. You can also save or load/add new textures.

I am planning on adding more features to the Texture Viewer to allow you to change the size of the texture and the ability to edit the textures.

Supports the following OS's - Windows 7 Windows 8

PK3 Explorer & Dmd/Md2 Converter release notes. 21/10/2014

DMD/Md2 Converter Update.

V1.2

Added option to choose between converting from Dmd to Md2 or Md2 to Dmd. (The original version didn't convert from Md2 to Dmd.)

Fixed a couple of bugs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

PK3 Explorer update. V1.0

Fixed extraction of files & Folders ...... didn't extract folders.

Added custom compression Level for zip files.

Fixed a few other bugs.

Texture Viewer.

Added ability to load and add new textures to PK3 files.

There is only an x86 version at the moment.

Download:

X86
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F74AC6A635578B5A!4003&authkey=!AMTvlFvB88LwVtI&ithint=file%2crar

Regards

Worf

Hi, Worf. I've downloaded the DMD to MD2 converter and it works great. My only question is, how do you convert an MD2 back to a DMD with this program?

Hi Sandstormer.

Thank you for downloading and trying it out. You should just need to select DMD checkbox but there seems to be a bug in the browsing routine. Thank you for pointing this out to me.

I am currently improving Converter by adding the ability to open PK3 files for browsing extracting, adding to and modifying PK3 file. You will also be able to create PK3 file too.

The other feature it will have is the ability to view the textures without having to extract it. The other feature I'm hoping to add is the ability to view the model without having to extract it. (This all depends on whether I can find a 3 party add-on for .Net to allow viewing a 3D Models.

I will correct the bug and then PM you the link to it, this will be the new version I'm working on as some feed back would be great.

Omegalore said:

Tried to Re-Open it when I closed program, won't open again :/

That happened to me, as well. I just restarted my computer and it worked like normal again. Give it a try.

I know that it includes a PK3 explorer, but the main draw is the DMD/MD2 converter. Personally, I couldn't get the MD2Tool to work with Doomsday, it would just crash on startup. This program works perfectly and allows me to convert DMD's to MD2's and vice versa. It's really good for inserting and/or extracting models in Doomsday and Risen3D.

In all my years of working with md2tool, I have never managed to crash it. md2tool is a console-only application, meaning, that it must be launched from a command console else you'll simply see the program start up and then quit immediately because you didn't specify any arguments.

If you want to use a console-only application/tool in modern Windows (I'm assuming) then you need to open a command window and run it from there. For example, shift+right-click the folder containing md2tool.exe, click "Open command window" and then enter "md2tool" in the console window to run it (it should then print the available arguments and what they do).

DaniJ said:

In all my years of working with md2tool, I have never managed to crash it. md2tool is a console-only application, meaning, that it must be launched from a command console else you'll simply see the program start up and then quit immediately because you didn't specify any arguments.

If you want to use a console-only application/tool in modern Windows (I'm assuming) then you need to open a command window and run it from there. For example, shift+right-click the folder containing md2tool.exe, click "Open command window" and then enter "md2tool" in the console window to run it (it should then print the available arguments and what they do).

Sigh, I knew it. User error strikes again. Thanks for clearing this up for me, DaniJ! Works like a charm now that I'm doing it *correctly*.

Sandstormer said:

That happened to me, as well. I just restarted my computer and it worked like normal again. Give it a try.

...I'd rather pass on it and try it again some other time.

But what point is there when PK3 is merely a zip file with the extention changed, any zip file viewer and extractor can open PK3 files.

Omegalore said:

...I'd rather pass on it and try it again some other time.

Understood. I'll try to assist if you have any problems with using it in the future.

Avoozl said:

But what point is there when PK3 is merely a zip file with the extention changed, any zip file viewer and extractor can open PK3 files.

I think the main draw is the DMD/MD2 converter. You can open a PK3 file in Slade, as well. MD2Tool.exe in Doomsday is good, but this is also a good option. It's also kind of cool that someone is making something to help support Doomsday and Risen3D engines, too.

I have discontinued with this do there will be no more updates.

Regards

Worf [/B][/QUOTE]

are there any online pk3 to zip converters out there? that you dont need to install? im on a chromebook, so .exe files wont work. :I

27 minutes ago, Schwiria said:

are there any online pk3 to zip converters out there?

You shouldn't have bumped a nearly five-year-old thread for this (September-November 2014); but whatever: there is no need for any pk3-to-zip converter because pk3 files are zip files. It's just the extension that's different. That's all. somefile.pk3 is just somefile.zip that's been renamed.