Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peach freak

Doom Product ID

I finally have boxed copies of all of the PC Doom games, and I've been using them to submit box images and whatnot to GameFAQs. I'm also trying to get the Game Data updated for them. One of the things you can submit are the barcodes and the Product ID.

If it has one, where would I find the Product ID for these Doom games? On the side and top of the box, I see a set of seven numbers, in the format of XX-XXXXX. The last five numbers match the second row of five numbers on the barcode.

Would that happen to be the Product ID? If not, where could I find it? Thanks.

peach freak said:

I finally have boxed copies of all of the PC Doom games, and I've been using them to submit box images and whatnot to GameFAQs. I'm also trying to get the Game Data updated for them. One of the things you can submit are the barcodes and the Product ID.

If it has one, where would I find the Product ID for these Doom games? On the side and top of the box, I see a set of seven numbers, in the format of XX-XXXXX. The last five numbers match the second row of five numbers on the barcode.

Would that happen to be the Product ID? If not, where could I find it? Thanks.

Do you have anything that DoomWiki.org might be missing? I have trouble finding packaging shots thanks to sites like MobyGames that insist on watermarking everything to death.

I'll have to get my copies out and examine them some time, but I was unaware that early prints of Doom even had a bar code on them -- they were only sold over the phone, after all.

Here are the boxes shots of:

Ultimate Doom - http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/198986-the-ultimate-doom/images/box-50525

Doom II - http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/197142-doom-ii/images/box-102325

Final Doom - http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/197335-final-doom/images/box-42152

Master Levels for Doom II - http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/926852-master-levels-for-doom-ii/images/box-63500

Also, were there ever boxed copies of Ultimate Doom (that had floppies instead of a CD) and Doom II? GameFAQs does not have images of those up yet.

peach freak said:

Also, were there ever boxed copies of Ultimate Doom (that had floppies instead of a CD) and Doom II?

There were. The European box for Ultimate Doom doesn't appear to have a Product ID and the barcode label on my copy is badly faded, so I'm not sure what a few of the numbers are. The Doom 2 floppy box bears a Product ID of 04-30415, I'll post some pictures later.

I've also found Product ID numbers on the following boxes...

Doom 2 (Doom95) - 04-10723
id Anthology - 04-10252
Heretic (shareware CD) - 04-10218
Heretic (shareware floppy) - 04-30841
Hexen (CD) - 04-10280
Hexen (floppy) - 04-30894

GreyGhost said:

There were. The European box for Ultimate Doom doesn't appear to have a Product ID and the barcode label on my copy is badly faded, so I'm not sure what a few of the numbers are. The Doom 2 floppy box bears a Product ID of 04-30415, I'll post some pictures later.

I've also found Product ID numbers on the following boxes...

Doom 2 (Doom95) - 04-10723
id Anthology - 04-10252
Heretic (shareware CD) - 04-10218
Heretic (shareware floppy) - 04-30841
Hexen (CD) - 04-10280
Hexen (floppy) - 04-30894

Ok, thanks.

There are no boxed images of the floppy box for Doom II on GameFAQs (there's just a very tiny thumbnail and you can barely make out the 3.5" part on the box). If you can, scan them and I can submit them to GameFAQs.

Is your Ultimate Doom Europe box your only box, or do you have a US Ultimate Doom floppy box?

I'm sure I can do better than that thumbnail, though my box has seen better days. OTOH, the Doom95 box is almost pristine.

European Ultimate Doom is the only floppy version I own, I'm still in the market for a reasonably priced copy of the US release.

I've finished scanning the Doom 2 floppy and Doom95 boxes, the Ultimate Doom box won't be so easy since it's glued instead of folded, might have to use a camera instead.

You can grab the images from this folder, they're uncropped and in .PNG format at 200dpi.

Alright, did a bit of editing to the Doom II floppy images and got them submitted, hopefully they go through.

I'll keep around the Doom II Doom95 images, but that release is currently not listed on GameFAQs.

Also put in the Product ID and the barcode (there was a different barcode listed for some reason, I explained I got the newer barcode off the box image I uploaded), so hopefully those go through too.

GreyGhost said:

I've finished scanning the Doom 2 floppy and Doom95 boxes, the Ultimate Doom box won't be so easy since it's glued instead of folded, might have to use a camera instead.

You can grab the images from this folder, they're uncropped and in .PNG format at 200dpi.

Is it ok to add these to the wiki if they're needed? :) I don't believe we have any Doom95 packaging shots.

Quasar said:

Is it ok to add these to the wiki if they're needed? :) I don't believe we have any Doom95 packaging shots.

No problem, crop and resize them as you see fit.