Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest DILDOMASTER666

A map I apparently made when I was 11

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Apparently in mid-2003 I made a map in WadAuthor called "doom 3 computer station". I don't really remember the context or if it was a part of something larger, but it's interesting in that it's the earliest map I ever completed that I can remember and have access to still.

I took a peek in Doom Builder and fixed some blatant problems that were mostly a result of me not understanding how sidedefs related to sectors and WadAuthor not automatically reassigning sector references when I joined two linedefs. Other than absolutely critical bugfixes, the map is as I left it in 2003.

I think the most interesting part of this map is that I actually attempted to make it open-ended. There are a couple of different ways to approach the pre-exit altar room.

Without further ado, the map: doom 3 computer station.wad (35.5K)

Screenshot from DeviantArt circa 2003 (click for original DeviantArt link):

Well playable, even if easy. Otherwise it was rather bad (alignment, unpegging, progression, unmarked exits, STARTAN abuse), but as that early work as you state it is, it's understandable of course. For me, the most interesting thing in this map were clippable midtextures. I wish they were used more in today's maps. :P

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Oh yes. It's absolutely awful, I understand. ;) Thanks for playing though.

Completed it. Has a lot more going for it than I would expect from an 11 year old! I can relate as I started mapping when I was just 9. I didn't do much Doom mapping though as I was more into Duke Nukem 3D.

Thanks for uploading. I wish I still had some of my old levels :(

I still have my first maps around. Your one screenshot already proves that this one is better. I'll play it when I get a chance.

This would have been one of the maps in D!Zone.

Oh, BTW, my first map was far worse than yours. I didn't know what I was doing at the time.

Isn't it funny when you find maps from childhood? This actually looks prety good considering your age, seems like a competent 1995 map. I too started out my mapping with WadAuthor when I was like 9 or 10. Such a difficult editor to use, now that we have DB.

Also, screenshot taken in Legacy. That's retro, man.

Ignoring obvious mistakes like textures, I think it's both easy and fun. It took me a while to figure out the BFG. Do you plan on releasing more old maps?

I too wish I had all my old maps, but I think most of them are gone by now. really neat that you still have this though. I definitely took pride in the fact that I was mapping when I was like... 12

This is something I made when I was about 14. A large, convoluted base/urban map. Not my first map but still plays decent regardless.