Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Jurassic World

While the news of kids being blown into swiss cheese may seem more important and more exciting to talk about, the Jurassic World trailer has been released, so everyone can go back to their childhood film franchise that brought CGI to the big screen that was just a big watery penis or a robo-rip-off of the SIlver Surfer. No sign of animatronics (or auto-eroticas according to the first film) or puppets in the trailer, but it's just the trailer, so who knows.

Sure no one really liked JP///, but maybe this can turn things around for the franchise, and either give us a new Trespasser or a new Operation Genesis, which ever one prefers.

Clonehunter said:

Sure no one really liked JP.

Well, I certainly loved it when I saw Jurassic Park in theaters back on June 11, 1993, when I was 8.

However, this was my reaction to the sequals:

The Jaws bit got a chuckle out of me.

Wonder if they're moving away from the "dinosaurs change their sex because West African frog DNA" that set up the first one.

Kontra Kommando said:

However, this was my reaction to the sequals:

The Lost World was a better book than movie. As for 3, yeah, that was total butts. "BUT PTERODACTYLS, GUISE" No 3, not even getting Sam Neill back can help you. Not even Sam Neill.

Kontra Kommando said:

Well, I certainly loved it when I saw Jurassic Park in theaters back on June 11, 1993, when I was 8.

I think you mis-quoted me.

I actually liked TLW, however, and felt it was somewhat on par with the first. I just felt the San Diego incident was dumb and that the Ludlow character didn't really deserve that kind of death (Not saying it was plausible, but it seemed like the movie tried to make it like "This guy totally deserved this").

The Gyroball attraction in the trailer looks rather odd, though.

Am I the only one getting a real "Alien Resurrection" vibe from the movie? I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but yeah, not a pleasant feeling at all.

I think it looks pretty sweet. I loved all the movies simply for the dinosaurs (childhood echos throughout life, I suppose), and this one looks better story-wise than the previous three.

It all looked fairly inoffensive except for the part where Chris Pratt rode his motorcycle alongside a pack of raptors (WTF?)

I'll give it a watch when it comes out on VHS. 2 was bad and 3 was absolute garbage, so I'm not excited by any means, but I'll give it a fair chance!

These kinds of movies just suck when they're sequels. Maybe it'll be worth it for the shiny things and gore.

Reminds me of this:

Caffeine Freak said:

I took that to mean he was stuck back in 1993.

A lot of eastern Europeans post on these forums so he could vary well be expecting to get this on VHS.

I intend to go into the movie blind. Not seeing one trailer. I did the same for Prometheus.

Linguica said:

It all looked fairly inoffensive except for the part where Chris Pratt rode his motorcycle alongside a pack of raptors (WTF?)

It makes sense if they're busy trying to evade the islands top predator, Pratt's slow and noisy bike should make a nice decoy.

Dino Crisis 2: The Movie

We made a genetically modified Dinosaur oh no it went out of control we are DOOMED!

That's how I would sum up this trailer from the second half.

Looks promising, but what's with the raptors wannabe greyhound racing. About Dino Crisis: Maybe future sequel for this will take dinosaurs into space like in dino crisis 3

Is it just me or does the new super dino not actually look all that big? Sure I only saw the foot but the T-rex foot looked bigger. I know simply hoping for a upgraded version of the T-rex isn't very original but hey that is what I want. I want my super dinos BIG damnit!

Clonehunter said:

Maybe the raptors are trained. That was the plot of one of the Jurassic Park TOPPS comics.

Or maybe they made them more docile. They're already making super dinos, so why not make one of the biggest issues with the original park... less of an issue?

Also, it's really weird to see futuristic technology in a Jurassic Park movie, it's basically the opposite of the originals with their shat-even-for-the-time computers.

Jaxxoon R said:

Or maybe they made them more docile. They're already making super dinos, so why not make one of the biggest issues with the original park... less of an issue?

Also, it's really weird to see futuristic technology in a Jurassic Park movie, it's basically the opposite of the originals with their shat-even-for-the-time computers.

I don't know a lot of UNIX terminals that could render real-time wireframe three-dimensional hierarchical representations of a physical network layout in 1993. I think you're underestimating the level of technology that was meant to be portrayed in the movie. Maybe the movie does a relatively poor job of showing it, though. It was a bigger deal in the book.

Yeah, it was a real file manager on SGI IRIX called fsn. SGI was the company that made OpenGL and of course also provided all the computers to do the CGI in the first film. This exclamation of "This is Unix!" was actually fully accurate. Although browsing a Unix file system with fsn was never typical.

I know, it's often cited as a point to laugh at about JP, but it was surprisingly accurate to real life. (On a more subtle point, check out the QuickTime video being played for their "live" video chats, including the time progress indicator that moves :P)

Jaws In Space said:

VHS... so does that mean you won't be watching it then?

I still enjoy and like VHS, if you have high quality tapes and a good
VHS recorder the visual quality will be comparable to normal cable tv.

I don't miss VHS tapes at all. They were pieces of shit. A well treated DVD or bluday can last almost forever, but a VHS would always get fucked at some point.

I don't miss VHS tapes exactly, but I do miss being able to go to Goodwill and getting a stack for like $.50 each. There's also a certain charm to watching movies on VHS. And there's the fact that there's still the occasional VHS release that never made it to DVD (I used to have one or two back when I still had my VHS collection - sad I lost them, because they're still not out on DVD and the VHS tapes themselves are pretty pricey).