Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Doomkid's Deathmatch 4 - Now on idgames!

Update: This just made it to idgames - I'd really appreciate some votes/feedback!

Click here to download!

12 quick n' dirty speedmaps!

Hello again DM lovers. :) Here I have 12 maps I whipped up fairly quickly that are sure to please. Serious matches can be had with 2-4 players, but it goes insane with 8+! I have made the BFG optional, because I know a lot of people don't like it (see: whining). Select Skill 1/2 for Soulsphere, 3 for Invisibility sphere, and 4/5 for the BFG - It's the best option, of course!

I took a different approach with map08 and map12, they both use a more natural layout. You'll know what I mean when you play them! (Sadly they cause VPOs in vanilla.) There's a secret with the Coke machine in the mall, map07. Originally there was only a Pepsi machine, but Ralphis reminded me that Pepsi sucks - it really does - so I added a Coke machine and moved the secret to it instead!

Enough of this talk - Let's see some screens:

I hope you all enjoy the frags. I welcome any feedback/criticism!

(Why not leave your thoughts on my page? I'd love to see that guestbook filled up with some WAD feedback!)

Hey fellas, I've just found the weirdest bug - This runs in every port I test it in, even Doom2.exe, but it crashes in Odamex. Is there a simple fix I can make to avoid that?

Doomkid said:

but Ralphis reminded me that Pepsi sucks - it really does - so I added a Coke machine and moved the secret to it instead!

Spoiler

I prefer Pepsi, I feel it has a little more taste to it. Most places only serve Coke, and that can get a little bit tiresome as variety is lessened. If there is another no sugar alternative *is diabetic* I'll take that instead. If not it can be disappointing, I like Cola taste, just not from Coke. (Especially diet coke, I can't taste much in that). My mouth tends to have this horrible taste in it, which a lot of flavours can never really mask or their flavours make it feel a bit worse, such as water or cordial drinks for example...and same for Diet Coke. Pepsi Max does the job so I'll take that if it is there...other diet drinks often don't do much for me either, but I'll be more likely to have them over Coke if they are there.

Another one is Tea...I drink lot's of Tea, good taste, doesn't have to have sugar and my taste buds are unaffected....yes, I am broken, I am aware of this.

I'm also aware that I can have sugary drinks and maybe get the drink that isn't Coke, but I don't wanna have to faff about with insulin just for a drink.

But enough about blood sugar death, I might try these maps out, I don't really know anyone who would usually deathmatch but there is no harm in asking them, as I don't usually deathmatch myself.

Hehe, don't get me wrong, I'm glad there's Pepsi to offset Coke, if you get what I mean. Yin and Yang and all that :P

If you do get people to play with you, I hope you enjoy em, let me know how it goes!

Thanks so much for all the playtasting the_miano, you helped a shitload! I hope this Odamex bug gets resolved soon, Mr Crispy needs to join us for some DM

Hey everyone, the slight bug that crashed the WAD in Odamex has been fixed - please re-download to get the up to date version! I also added some vanilla DM demos for your viewing pleasure.

You sure pump out deathmatch maps DoomKid. They look like fun I'll need to try them out soon. Is Z-Match doing okay?

And Xegethra, I too prefer Pepsi Max over Coke Zero. (still wishy-washy piss compared to the real deal though! :P)

Oh yeah, Z-Match is going just fine :) Running in all source ports.... ETA, less than a week!

Doomkid said:

This just made it to idgames, thanks to the_miano!

You're welcome :)