Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rayziik

A Birthday Request (AGAIN!)

Yes Doomworld citizens, it's that time of year again!

No, not Thanksgiving.. My birthday is Saturday. So, I will request anyone that so desires to create a map for me. I will play and record my FDAs for these maps and post them to Youtube for all to see! (Also will provide a DL link for demo/.wad and credit the author.)

So what are you waiting for?! You have until 11:59 PM EST on Saturday to submit a map for playing! Now go my minions, muhahaha!

EDIT: PrBoom compatible PLEASE!

Guest Unregistered account

If I get time, I shall - I don't really know you, but I'd be glad to gift a fellow doomer! :D

Oh it matters not how long or extravagant the map is, this is simply a time restricted mapping project, any and all maps will be accepted!

walter confalonieri said:

happy birthday late of a day!

It's still Saturday here, so you're right on time! Thanks all so far for the maps, I will be playing them all tomorrow!

Videos are up on my channel, finally. I couldn't do them yesterday because of a surprise party that lasted until later hours of the night, so don't be mad, ok? D:

See you all next year!

Doominator2 said:

Maybe I'll just create a square room with a cyberdemon pit in the center as a belated present. Thats Maybe

Are you talking about WOW.wad?

That was fun, thanks for the attempt. Sorry about the difficulty; for some reason I thought you were one of the doom gods who was used to super hard maps. Maybe it was someone else's alias that started with r or something but my memory sucks. But I've since done a uvmax:
http://www.filedropper.com/rbdggg-1-uvmax-813-iddthud-cl9-ggg
Took more tries than I thought, still not as hard as some other maps I've made. Each switch releases a cyber+small horde opposite end + 2 viles (1 on each adjacent map 'leg' end) and each switch accesses ssg,plasma,rl,bfg in that order, regardless of switch order. So a good strategy is to hit all switches as fast as possible to get the bfg, and the map or that route at least kinda requires being able to take out cybers in close quarter cluttery areas that result in splash damage w/ bfg (usually by blasting the wall then immediately facing the cyber as close as possible so all the bfg tracers go into him, which is way more deadly than the bfg ball).

Rayzik said:

See you all next year!

Not so fast!

I'm a bit late to the party, but here's a map. I actually started this for your birthday last year, but I got carried away with the design, and forgot all about it until I saw this thread. Rather than let it sit forever, I wanted to finish it, even if I couldn't make it by Saturday. It's hard to believe it's been a freaking year already.

Link - Doom2 Map01 Vanilla

Happy Birthday!