Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carny Goat

Searching for a particular jHexen Modification

I spent the better part of the day looking for it, and for the life of me I can remember images of it but I cannot remember the name. The best I can describe it, it was designed for the jhexen version of the early Doomsday project (pre 1.0). It starts off in a sewer under a town, there are some minor RPG elements and the last I remember playing it was leaving a small town through some gates into the woods.

If anyone can help me find it I'd be very happy. Before anyone goes posting anything relating to the Korax mod. I've already searched up that particular site. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it's not what I was looking for when it came to old jhexen memories. Thanks for reading, double kudos if we manage to find it.

I think it might have been Ichor's mod you think of. It does have the sewer start and some shops in the city. It used a custom modification of jHexen, though, it did not run with "vanilla" jHexen, and it will not run with the current versions of Doomsday (or any other official version of Doomsday). I remember he posted the source code a while ago.

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/hexen/d-f/fury_ch2.zip

You are very fast Gez, this is the modification I was looking for. Unfortunately, the executes provided don't work with 64bit systems. I'm wondering if it might work well enough for later versions of Zdoom and so forth?

Carniverous Goat said:

You are very fast Gez, this is the modification I was looking for. Unfortunately, the executes provided don't work with 64bit systems. I'm wondering if it might work well enough for later versions of Zdoom and so forth?

I'm pretty sure it's reliant on the custom EXE and can't be used on any other port without remaking stuff. I think Ichor was talking about making a GZDoom version at one point, but AFAIK it didn't materialize.

Yeah, Ichor vanished before he completed his remake.

You can play it with ZDoom, or Doomsday, or whatever other Hexen port you want, and while it will load the maps you will find a lot of quirky/bogus behavior, especially from monsters. It was made for a custom modified engine, and it needs the custom modified engine.

Actually, I managed to find his most recent work on Mod DB built to work on Gzdoom. Of course, this is the last I could find of his work.

Gez said:

Yeah, Ichor vanished before he completed his remake.

Huh? What do you mean, "vanished"? He visits Zdoom forums two or three times a week...