Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slowtorturepukechamber

CYBERLABS: UPCOMING WAD (screenshots)

Will you play "CYBERLABS" once it's released?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will you play "CYBERLABS" once it's released?

• Hell yeah! I always love supporting a fellow doomer!
    • Probably, can't knock it til ya try it.
    • Nah, doesn't interest me.
    • OMG U SUX BALLZ LOLOLOL GET A LYF IDIUT!!!1!

I'm making a wad called "CYBERLABS". Basically, it's a three map wad. Map01 being a techbase style map, Map02 being a hell style map, and Map03 being a massive slaughter/final boss map. I'm gonna keep bumping this thread with news and further screenshots of this upcoming project.

There is most definitely some architecture and texturing work that needs to be done, but this is more like a "rough draft", if you will.

This is MAP01, shown in Doom Builder 2. It's not done, though.

Like I said before, there is still much polishing that needs to be done to this before it can be in the final product.

If you have any recommendations on textures or architecture, please tell me. Criticism is vital. This is my first wad, after all.

So, from what I see, that map looks a little linear. Try and make the design of it a little more complex.

Also, I found that turning "Square things" in the editor on to be quite helpful.

AD_79 said:

Also, I found that turning "Square things" in the editor on to be quite helpful.

Agreed. I don't know what the round representations are even doing there.

Looks too rectangular, boxy, linear, and the texturing seems chaotic (in different rooms). All of that is definitely not a good thing, and could be improved. I also don't think that I'm going to like the narrow corridors and small side rooms, because comfortable movement and thorough interconnection are preferable.

scifista42 said:

Looks too rectangular, boxy, linear

I was actually going for that, and like I said, the texturing isn't final. I just needed to put simple textures there to make the map testable. Plus, I am currently making the room that involves 3 doors, a blue, yellow, and red, all in the same room. Basically like a treasure hunt to find them.

I wanted it to be sort of linear, anyway, considering the fact that once you get to the key-door room, it's gonna go all over the place. This is just the beginning of the map.