Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

Project N.O.E.L. Q3A real life movie + e1m1 soundtrack is featured within

lol

Project N.O.E.L is a real life movie imitating a Quake3 game. It's something you have never seen before. It uses Quake3 sound effects and Quake3 like guns and animations.

The weapons: We used styrofoam models of the weapons that we had designed in our computers to make the animation easier. Another great thing with using these models was that we would get real shadows from them and we didn't have to put digital shadows in the scene later. Picture serie 1 to the right demonstrates how the whole thing was done.

The jump: The jump was a bit tricky. Because of the risk of getting hurt while standing on a quite thin piece of wood while holding a 1 meter long styrofoam weapon, we used a long piece of rope to make the whole thing alot safer. The large contrast between the colour of the rope and the actors t-shirt was fixed by using black tape that was attached around parts the rope to conceal it. We filmed the actor jumping down from the rail, and after that we reversed the whole thing so it would look like he jumped up and over it. Later we masked away the rope so it wouldn't show up on the film.

Download URL: http://planetquake3.net/download.php?op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=982&ttitle=Project_N.O.E.L:_Real_Life_Q3A_Movie

http://www.student.itn.liu.se/~nicas227/index.htm

file type: .avi
size: 148mb
length: 8 mins 32secs

999cop said:

fucking stupid smileys

SMILEYS ARE DISABLED HERE FOR A REASON.

NOT ONLY ARE YOU LEECHING BANDWIDTH FROM ANOTHER SITE BUT YOU ARE ALSO SO RETARDED AS TO NOT NOTICE THAT SMILIES ARE TURNED OFF ON THIS FORUM AND EVERYONE HATES THEM, MUCH AS EVERYONE HATES YOU.

bigbadgangsta said:

Wow, and here I am not giving a fuck

INCREDIBLE WIT YOU HAVE THERE, THANK YOU FOR FILLING THE TELEFRAGGED HARD DRIVES WITH YOUR USEFUL AND INTELLIGENT COMMENTARY.

Ling's heartbreakin post

You mean............. no more pimp smiley? No more lame smiley? No more happy, and sad smiley's?

.............. smiley's go away..............No..... more...... smiley's!?

/me cries................. A LOT!!!

Edit: what da flip is the difference between usin a pic of somethin, and a pic of a smiley? Except dat a smiley is MUCH FASTER, and loads quicker, and doesn't slow everyone's connection down to a crawl.... but I guess dat that IS a bad thing or somethin? Am I missin somethin?
O_o

Animated smiles suck, stick to the regular emoticons. :) :( :P :/ >:| >:) >:> :\ >:\ ect.

Ralphis a prerequisite for using a fish icon is to not be a complete loser.

Linguica is wise! Wiser than you may think.

Actually that project sounds somewhat interesting (though I cannot wholly decipher what it is about).

I guess the developers must have most of the fun (running around with styrofoam Q3 weapons).

Really, I just hate people popping by just to say that a thread is retarded.

Ralphis said:

But it's the "Retard Fish". Doesn't that imply anything?

That you're a retard?

The Mighty Linguica bellowed:

NOT ONLY ARE YOU LEECHING BANDWIDTH FROM ANOTHER SITE BUT YOU ARE ALSO SO RETARDED AS TO NOT NOTICE THAT SMILIES ARE TURNED OFF ON THIS FORUM AND EVERYONE HATES THEM, MUCH AS EVERYONE HATES YOU.INCREDIBLE WIT YOU HAVE THERE, THANK YOU FOR FILLING THE TELEFRAGGED HARD DRIVES WITH YOUR USEFUL AND INTELLIGENT COMMENTARY.

/me ph33rs

That video was terrible, I feel like I've lost 8 minutes I could have been doing anything else at all in, and I'll never get them back.

150 MB ? No thanks, I'll go back to something constructive.

/me tries another one-handed pushup, collapses under his 220lbs and faints.

That was one of the single dumbest things I've ever seen in my entire life. 150mb of a bunch of people running around a retarded looking warehouse with big goofy guns. It was so cool watching a bunch of random clips of people looking around and doing nothing!

Linguica said:

NOT ONLY ARE YOU LEECHING BANDWIDTH FROM ANOTHER SITE BUT YOU ARE ALSO SO RETARDED AS TO NOT NOTICE THAT SMILIES ARE TURNED OFF ON THIS FORUM AND EVERYONE HATES THEM, MUCH AS EVERYONE HATES YOU.INCREDIBLE WIT YOU HAVE THERE, THANK YOU FOR FILLING THE TELEFRAGGED HARD DRIVES WITH YOUR USEFUL AND INTELLIGENT COMMENTARY.

okay, fine, i'm speechless, and that seals my mouth now

I don't understand how 8 minutes of DivX can be that big either, I've seen DVD rip stargate episodes twice that filesize, but a good 30 minutes longer.

Jon said:

I don't understand how 8 minutes of DivX can be that big either, I've seen DVD rip stargate episodes twice that filesize, but a good 30 minutes longer.

True? Heh, at least the data is spent more wisely...

Da_Esco² said:

You mean............. no more pimp smiley? No more lame smiley? No more happy, and sad smiley's?

.............. smiley's go away..............No..... more...... smiley's!?

/me cries................. A LOT!!!

Not to say I told you so, but heh...

Edit: what da flip is the difference between usin a pic of somethin, and a pic of a smiley? Except dat a smiley is MUCH FASTER, and loads quicker, and doesn't slow everyone's connection down to a crawl.... but I guess dat that IS a bad thing or somethin? Am I missin somethin?
O_o

The point is, Linguica doesnt want smileys on here. The board comes with smileys, and he has specifically disabled them to this end. Not wanting to guess lings aims, but I dont think this is what the image tags are intended for.

BTW, the forum default for new users is (I believe) to have images in posts disabled. It looks really weird to have some huge long URL in the middle of a sentence.

fraggle spreading his wisdom:
Not wanting to guess lings aims, but I dont think this is what the image tags are intended for.

I'm gonna go with fraggle on this. The words "DISABLED" should tell you that even if they come from another forum they're still unwanted. Evil evil things.

fraggle continued:
BTW, the forum default for new users is (I believe) to have images in posts disabled. It looks really weird to have some huge long URL in the middle of a sentence.

I'm 98% sure it is. Yeah it would be confusing to see a 50 character URL just for a fucking goofy face.

I've seen a DivX rip of Starwars Ep2 that's 2.4 gigs :)

Well thats even worse compression then.. was it a telesync (recorded in a cinema)? I don't think any DVD screeners have been released yet.

Even in cd-friendly 700mb size, ep2 would be a waste of download time (even on jaNET at 500kB/s)

I had a 2.8gig telesync VCD which spanned three CDs, but it was on a friend's laptop.

I didn't actually watch the Ep2 thingy, I just saw it listed on an eDonkey website. I might have a cable modem, but something that size is still going to take one heck of a long time :)

Anyway, if you've got TV out on your video card, you're pretty much sorted, in that you can get away with really small sized files. Although they'll look like crap on your monitor, on a TV they should look fine.

The lowest I'd recommed going is 3mb = 1 min, which is around half of what most DivX files seem to come as. Anything lower and you'll probably be able to tell even on a TV ;)

I have a load of Red Dwarf episodes that are around 30 minutes long and roughly 90 megs each, and played through the TV they look pretty much the same as they would on VHS.