Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

Terminator is Back! to the Future

In a world, a long time ago where changing old movies wasn't a trend, behold Terminator was sent back from the future! Here it is, rewriting the past movies.

Thoughts? Opinions? New John Connor, old Terminator, really old Terminator. How does it stack up to your personal hype of the new Star Wars and new Jurassic World?

What is this? Is this movie years of 1982-1983 all over again with big movie titles coming out? First I was excited about star wars coming, then jurassic park came out of nowhere and now this. About the upcoming movie based on trailer: It looks like mishmash between original terminator 1-2 with cloth store scene, jumping motorcycles and highway chase, picking guns from weapon storage and of course t1000 and t800 coming back. I wonder how difficult it would be to conjure some completely new model. All in all, I dont care if it features throwback scenes from previous movies and old arnold, it makes me feel comfy. I will be looking forward for this title.

I'm really looking forward to this -- I've been a fan of Arnold since his bodybuilding days. Sure, the guy is no actor but his action
films (the early ones) are a blast. 'The Terminator' was certainly his breakthrough film, but I wonder how things would have worked out
if he HAD played the role of Kyle (the part the writer/director had in mind for him).

Pffffhahahaha! And what the fuck is "Genisys", sounds like a corporation from a shitty 90's doomclone.

Waffenak said:

What is this? Is this movie years of 1982-1983 all over again with big movie titles coming out? First I was excited about star wars coming, then jurassic park came out of nowhere and now this. About the upcoming movie based on trailer: It looks like mishmash between original terminator 1-2 with cloth store scene, jumping motorcycles and highway chase, picking guns from weapon storage and of course t1000 and t800 coming back. I wonder how difficult it would be to conjure some completely new model. All in all, I dont care if it features throwback scenes from previous movies and old arnold, it makes me feel comfy. I will be looking forward for this title.

Jurassic World I've followed for quite a while now. Its been in 'Development Hell'. Its been complete for a while, but the investors wanted to fund Star Wars so they lacked the money to put into marketing Jurassic World.

Personally I thought they could have done a prequip to Isla Nublar how it became a cluster fuck that lead to Jurassic Park 2.

machoman127 said:

I'm really looking forward to this -- I've been a fan of Arnold since his bodybuilding days. Sure, the guy is no actor but his action
films (the early ones) are a blast. 'The Terminator' was certainly his breakthrough film, but I wonder how things would have worked out
if he HAD played the role of Kyle (the part the writer/director had in mind for him).

I'm really looking forward to it too. If it wasn't for Arnold there would be no Terminator. To think Lance Henrickson was almost the Terminator. He's just a man, Arnold is a star. Lance even tried to be as intimidating and ominous as possible before the audition. That's why he got the role of Bishop.

Michael Bien almost didn't make it as Kyle. He had a southern accent, because he was trying out for a play and couldn't shake the accent during his audition.

If Arnold was Kyle, it would just be backward visually. Like the Hulk vs an ordinary man. Plus touching scenes with his accent...

Not surprising when Terminator follows the alternative timeline -trend.

Clonehunter said:

So is this some kind of sequel? Or a remake?

Not a remake, a sequel that changes the past. Like Mortal Kombat 8 and X-Men: Days of Future Past.

At first I was like, "Ugh..." But once I saw the trailer, I'm actually feeling quite intrigued. I doubt I should expect much from it as far as depth or character progression goes, but it looks like it'll at least be entertaining.

geo said:

Not a remake, a sequel that changes the past. Like Mortal Kombat 8 and X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Oh, eh... Okay I guess. I mean, I suppose it worked for MK9 only because the story was hopelessly convoluted anyways, But I don't know about Terminator...

The trailer left me feeling somewhat optimistic. I don't expect anything on the level of the first two movies, but it looks like it could easily beat out the last two.

As for there being an alternate timeline, it doesn't really bother me. The logic of how the series deals with time has been nonsensical from the first film, so alternate timelines are fine by me. Besides, all of this shit happening in the 1984 world of the first film should be interesting.

Clonehunter said:

Oh, eh... Okay I guess. I mean, I suppose it worked for MK9 only because the story was hopelessly convoluted anyways, But I don't know about Terminator...

It wasn't convoluted. The problem was that no one cared when the series went to 3D. Then the fighters had unique fighting styles instead of everyone having the same attacks.

Allow me to summarize.

MK4: Shinnok = new Shao Kahn of Hell.
MK5: Quan Chi + Shang Tsung team up with their pet rock monster
MK6: Idiot awakens dragon king because someone asked why does the MK logo have a dragon, but there are no dragons? And why wasn't the Rock monster the boss of the first game?
MK7: Too many damn characters. We haven't had Blaze in a game, lets make Blaze a boss to kill all the characters.

I also like that (from what I can see in the trailer) they've returned the future look and color tone to the dark blue/gray/black hues that gave it more of a bleak, depressing and terrifying feel. That was something all three of the first films did right, and then in Salvation, they took the opposite approach, for some reason.

geo said:

Jurassic World I've followed for quite a while now. Its been in 'Development Hell'. Its been complete for a while, but the investors wanted to fund Star Wars so they lacked the money to put into marketing Jurassic World.

Personally I thought they could have done a prequip to Isla Nublar how it became a cluster fuck that lead to Jurassic Park 2.

I also followed jurassic world developement and had high hopes few years back but eventually when the project had serious setbacks, I just gave up following it because I had lost my faith in it until recent months. First I saw some filming locations pictures including visitors center/monorail. The trailer came as a surprise because I wasn't expecting anything = I was afraid film had problems again. Funny fact: My friends step dads relative was working at film theater when jurassic park 3 was new so we had movie tickets to movie before premiere. It was fun watching movie in big theater with just handful of people

Don't worry your heads about this being a "sequel" or a remake or whatever. Some schmucks bought the rights for three Terminator movies before they go back to Cameron, so there's just going to be some shit for some time that you should ignore as well as you can.

The trailer seems to promise some good old arnold action with decent terminator fiction... but knowing trailers. That woman needs to work on her acting though, she looked like a six year old kid yelling 'soldier' combined with that childish ''im tough'' expression. And that bus scene insinuates a rather extreme transformers style, idiotic, unreasonable action spectacle.

For the rest the trailer seems to show a glimpse into that which people asked for ever since terminator 2 ended, a glimpse into the future...and not like in terminator 4 !

edit ;
keyboard is skipping a few letters at times.

dew said:

Don't worry your heads about this being a "sequel" or a remake or whatever. Some schmucks bought the rights for three Terminator movies before they go back to Cameron, so there's just going to be some shit for some time that you should ignore as well as you can.

Time Warner I do believe. This would be their 3rd movie. From the lack of logo, its not even being made by Legendary (Man of Steel + Dark Knight trilogy). Time Warner also made the Sarah Connor Chronicles, even though Fox aired it.

I can't believe how much conformity and standardization there is in movies these days. Especially action movies. Anything remotely original or artistic is strictly forbidden.

I can't wait to see the logic behind driving a school bus. I bet Arnold will say it was the biggest vehicle I could find. It'll be said as a joke. Then Jennifer Garner or whomever plays Sayra Conna will have to drive while Ahnald shoots.

I also wonder if Linda Hamilton will do a cameo so they can save her before Cancer kills her. You know the T1000 gave her cancer to kill her in the long term. Maybe it was just the smoking.

the trailer displayed:
"Come with me if you want to live"
"On your feet soldier!"
"We can stop Judgement Day"
The T-1000...again

Is having new ideas illegal or something?

I would like to see the hypothetical Terminator 2 movie starring Sylvester Stallone parodied in Last Action Hero, preferably directed by Paul Verhoeven.

If my Dad didn't go on trips during the Winter, I would totally see this, bro!

Way cool beans! Jammin'!

Edit: I REALLY need to watch the whole thing before posting. Nevermind :P

Bugger.