Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WildWeasel`

Help wanted for Doom TC

I'll give you people a word of warning: Some of these things that "I will ask for are rather un-DOOM-ish. I'll get those out of the way now.

1. Half-Life Weapon Modeller
Need a weapon model of the IMI Desert Eagle .357, silver colored, held by a woman, with 1 firing and 1 reload animation.

2. EDGE mapper
I've been unable to get ANY map editor for Doom working on my PC that supports custom linedef/sidedef/thing types, so I'm looking for anybody that can do a halfway decent map using EDGE. Don't need dynamic lighting in the level, I will do this myself by using DDF coding to make lamps and such. You may use static Doom lighting. The maps will be mid-sized, with fair detail.

3. Texture artist
I need some textures for a futuristic environment, circa 2038. Maybe like the textures in The Bricks in ANACHRONOX.

If you're interested in any of these, or know of any other way you could help with an EDGE TC, email me at wildweasel_lemon@hotmail.com or send me an AIM at WildWeaselLemon.

Hey. Listen, not too many people will be willing to help you around here, cause we are all pretty much involved with our own projects...do as much as you can yourself.

Well, if it helps, I'm already trying to take charge of the item pickup sprites, the DDF programming, RTS scripts, status bar GFX, and weapon firing sound effects. I might do some music too, I have a wide array of music made by my brother that I can put into OGG format...

ya, considering im working on a tc based off of Stargate- like Osiris but with a different storyline and much much more, in other words like everyone else says, everyone is busy with something else. sorry...

ravage said:

ya, considering im working on a tc based off of Stargate- like Osiris but with a different storyline and much much more

AH
AGAHGAHGAGAG;gsfsbkhgkhg

Heh, do you have a website I could look at?

I love Stargate, that is all.

Sorry man, but the best advise I could give you is "Go it alone" because you'll get no help here.

Sounds like I would like to help a bit. I don't know anything about ANACHRONOX but I can do textures.

Well I'll be...I thought this guy wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting any help! Anyway, what about your GI Joe project?

god- its been forever since i got Osiris, im gonna have to look around for ya or put it on my site Whenever i update it...

Doom II Guy said:

Well I'll be...I thought this guy wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting any help! Anyway, what about your GI Joe project?

Well, for some odd reason I can work 3 times faster than I could before. It has something to do with helping someone.

Aren't I a nice guy? :)

Hey Kat, is that gonna be the new official site?

Just wondering if I've gotta update my link to your site or not.

Lobo said:

Hey Kat, is that gonna be the new official site?

Just wondering if I've gotta update my link to your site or not.

Sorry I haven't been here lately. Yes, that's the new official site. Unless Ling can fit me in here now that I got the screens.

What are you linking from, Lobo?

I've got a pretty complete list of all known Edge TC/PCs on my site(link is in my sig).

Since your TC uses Edge, it qualifies for inclusion on the list :-)

BTW, Brinkster is one of the best hosts out there (speed,reliability,no ads) but I wouldn't put anything there for download because you'll go over the limit of 16 Mb a day in no time.

Just a bit of advise.

Lobo said:

I've got a pretty complete list of all known Edge TC/PCs on my site(link is in my sig).

Since your TC uses Edge, it qualifies for inclusion on the list :-)

BTW, Brinkster is one of the best hosts out there (speed,reliability,no ads) but I wouldn't put anything there for download because you'll go over the limit of 16 Mb a day in no time.

Just a bit of advise.

.....oh joy, everything has a price these days X_x

Lobo>
The TC isn't based on the cartoons, it's based on the 12" figures.
(There will be a secret level of a life sized room that you are in.)

KoolKat said:

Lobo>
The TC isn't based on the cartoons, it's based on the 12" figures.
(There will be a secret level of a life sized room that you are in.)

Yeah, but the 12" figures are based on the cartoon/comic, right?

A bit like the chicken and the egg ;-)

Yeah, but the 12" figures are based on the cartoon/comic, right?

I thought the cartoon and comic were based on the figures...

I've got a huge chunk of advice for any aspiring PC/TC creators: make maps and get yourself known. Once people play your stuff, and assuming it's any good, they'll be more willing to help. Just about every experienced map maker has said that before, and it's a piece of advice everyone should take. Especially don't come in asking for things that are rarely done in the Doom community (Half Life modelling?), it never works. Good luck though, but do yourself a favour and take the advice.

Actually, It seems to me that a lot of Doomers are into Half Life modelling because their are very few TC/PCs I've seen that didn't use a render of some HL weapon. Immoral Conduct and GE do, and their are others that I suspect although I haven't bothered to check.

I am kind of new to the DOOM editing world... what exactly does TC stand for?

Hey, Lobo! I went and checked out those Robotech screens! Those are amazing. What program to you use for the graphics?

wolfeypoo said:

I am kind of new to the DOOM editing world... what exactly does TC stand for?

Total Conversion, i.e. every game resource is replaced.

PC is obviously Partial Conversion, only some stuff is replaced.

TC="Total conversion";
//total conversion means conversion of textures, sound, sprites, levels...

if (TC=good) {download_it; play_it}
else look_other_way;

Lobo said:

Actually, It seems to me that a lot of Doomers are into Half Life modelling because their are very few TC/PCs I've seen that didn't use a render of some HL weapon.

Taking screenshots and importing the Doom pallette in to it isn't THAT hard... from what I understand of what his post says, he wants someone to make an actual model.

wolfeypoo said:

Hey, Lobo! I went and checked out those Robotech screens! Those are amazing. What program do you use for the graphics?

Thanks for stopping by the site buddy!

Those screen shots were taken inside the GL version of Edge(the source port I'm using) and later I just reduced the size with Paint Shop Pro.

If you're not too up to date on what Edge is (it's a source port) then check out the FAQ at my site.