Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hypr

levels people ever played with the most monsters in it

what was the best level people played with the most monsters ever in it ? one level i have is called bnbeyond.wad lots of enemies but i always run out of ammo its a good level tho

in 6:01, using zdoom 1,22 and the standard suprwep8.deh, i killed every single damn monster on nuts.wad. i used only the BFG and used about 350 thousand cells, although i'm sure it could be done with probably less than 300 thousand. it was fun :)

edit: that was 6:01 game time of course. actual time, even on my 900mhz duron, was signifigantly longer

boris said:

nuts.wad

it's nearly unplayable, bah at that

hell revealed + hell revealed 2 + alien vendetta = OWNT ALL

I know a level that isn't good and has tons of enemies. It's called Lufia Doom or something. Damn that level was fucked up! It didn't even look like the game Lufia, no changed sprites or anything, just the TITLEPIC and some music, even though in the text it said it's supposed to be the equivilant of walking through a Lufia map, my ass it does! Ok, here's how it starts (or at least what I can remember,) you start out with a mere pistol, but you find a shotgun early in the game. After that you step into a portal with a HUGE field but no enemies, but after a few seconds of walking, you get teleported with a room full of zombies!!! You die in about a few seconds, killing maybe only a fraction of the zombies. I played again, but I used IDDQD and IDFA. I was finally able to kill em off. I found a teleport and it warped me into the same giant field but I was in a different location. There were some Soulspheres and some Mega Armor, so I picked them and did some more walking, but I ran into another stupid teleport with a room now filled with Shotgunners. I killed em off and went to another teleport which took me to the same giant field. Basically here's how the level went:

- Giant Field with Power Ups - Warp - Room With Tons of Monsters - Repeat...

That must have been the worst wad I've played, other than that South Park Doom I mentioned in an earlier forum topic.

Now a good level with tons of monsters would have to be Hell Revealed II. At least the game was at a reasonable point between playable and non-playable.

DooMBoy said:

Hell Revealed->Map 22->Nightmare=Lots o' Bad Guys

Ultra-Violence is more than enough for 'Resistance is Futile' one of the greatest ever Doom maps (by Doom legend Yonatan Donner).
Vrack2 is a great map with loadsa monsters as is Alien Vendetta map24.

how about levels with tons of enemies but the map isnt a huge killing field

Nuts.wad crashed my computer. But the wad with the most monsters in it I've played (Ultra-Violence) and won, was Caverns Of Darkness.

lego base se and cavern of darkness sound like good wads to play , do i need a specific doom port or anything

hypr said:

how about levels with tons of enemies but the map isnt a huge killing field

This map has 1345 monsters on UV well spread out through the map.

i liked the lufia2.wad it was different , the legob-sp.wad it would be better with out the lego stuff but its still a good map

it was ok , i guess it didnt appeal to me that much but the level was pretty good

hypr said:

i liked the lufia2.wad...

:o You liked that map?! WHY?! Holy crap, did you use cheats to pass it or did you use that super weapon patch?

i used god mode the 1st time i played it just to get the feel of a room full of bad guys , plus i made a dehacked patch which makes some enemies stronger and others weaker the ss guys are almost as strong as the chaingun dudes , and the troopers take 3 pistol shots to kill

for the lego one i liked the dragon it was pretty cool

if i was any good at making levels i would make it like a large town setting, with quite a few monsters

like have a millitary area , a downtown core , a large graveyard, and a ufo crash site

with alot of monsters depending on size of cource

Has anyone ever heard of "beatdis.wad"? It was a wad filled with monsters that you were supposed to kill without cheating. I did. :D

killing field wad or a detailed map ? either way ill dload it and try it

I remember a Doom 1 wad called Total War (war5.wad) that has a HUGE number of monsters, and ammo to match. (but you had to kill tons of tomatoes and barons to get the heavy weapons) One of the toughest wads ever.

try playing a doom level with my dehacked file , most monsters are more powerful cept the demons , dont worry the imps take 2 shotgun shots to kill

av24 is probably the serious map with the most monsters I've played. nuts.wad is the obvious winner if crappy slaughter maps count.