Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Some more DM wads

I made 3 more DM wads since I've been up and running. My site's down if you hadn't already figured this out. It will be up sometime prolly. One of the wads is 3 hallways running next to each other with long windows between each hallway so you can see all 3 hallways and shoot between them. There are 2 teleports on either end of each hallway for getting between the hallways (a total of 6 teleports). You can also walk through the middle of the hallways if you don't wanna take the teleports. There is a plasma gun that is sorta tricky to get on the side of one of the hallways. It should be a fun wad. If you want this and the other two wads I made yesterday and the day before, reply here and I'll email them to you.

Actually it isn't. There's one I like a lot more, but in describing it I would fail to illustrate why it is fun. The 3 halls one was just the easiest to describe.

Aren't you going to submit these to /newstuff?

Well, I'm too lazy. The amount of time it takes me to write up a description yada yada yada, I coulda made another DM map :-p I know, I'll zip em all and just say "a bunch of dm maps running on map01" rather than making a group wad since I've been meaning to make a big DM map of all of the wads for forever now but never get around to doing it. Would it be ok to send em in a zip like that?

Yes, I know, but like I said, too lazy to do it. Have so many wads I'd have to choose from to incorporate into the megawad.

If I do it, I want to do it right. For me that would be having all the wads reviewed by several people to decide which wads to include. I'd also like to come up with some sorta theme rather than just randomly throwing together a megawad. For example, maybe have the smaller wads in the beginning and the bigger wads near the end of the megawad. Or have it go from one style of gameplay to another or just be a consistent type of gameplay throughout. All these things to consider when doing it, I have a terrible time deciding things.

Well, I'm too lazy. The amount of time it takes me to write up a description yada yada yada, I coulda made another DM map :-p

You're wads sound utterly fantastic by this description :P

I hate DM levels that have a lot of detail, like Vex-ZDoom. It just slows zdaemon down even more than it already is.

Yep yep. I hate em too. That's why I make non-detailed maps. It just doesn't make sense to add detail to a dm map. It's like adding decorative dog clothing to a pitbull.

I'll tell you what Hellbent. If you do a megawad, I'll run a zdaemon server with it on it on Saturdays and Sundays. Ok?

Archvile64 said:

I hate DM levels that have a lot of detail, like Vex-ZDoom. It just slows zdaemon down even more than it already is.

that depends, sometimes additional details could help to improve the playability of the map.

btw, i could review some of the maps for you once your done

Hmm... sweet. I got plenty of wads ready for review if you're up for it 999cop. BBG, I have about 50 wads now. The thing is I really want this megawad to be good. I want it to have something for everyone. I think the best thing is to do what you said, BBG, make a 30 map DM wad and then based on feedback from it, I can make another megawad with only the really good maps in it. I might start it today if I get bored mapping and have some extra time on my hands. Thanks for showing interest you guys.

Okay, I just check all three of these out. My favorite - definitely dw40c, pretty cool. Second would be dw38b, not as good as dw40c...pretty much the same though. However, I didn't really enjoy telewall. Overall, thumbs up! Hey, how would I play these levels online with someone? I'm pretty new to multiplayer (heh, just started today actually).

Hellbent said:

999cop You get a chance to check the wad out?

sure

I use Doom Connector which can easily be attained by entering the following search criteria into google: download "doom connector"

I actually quit enjoy playing DM in large, detailed maps (providing it's null modem connection or something, not the net!).

It's a different type of challenge to the arena. You have to be more cunnning, learn the map and where to hide.

I like levels that require fast reflexes, crazed maniacal struggle for survival, from the moment you respawn after dying, until your death, never a moment to breathe.

pritch said:

OH BOY, I PISSED OFF LING TWICE WITHIN TEN MINUTES, I AM LUCKY I AM A GOOD MODERATOR

Wow, record

Hellbent your levels fucking 0wn. Now here's some suggestions.

You need to get these damn things onto an idgames mirror. I say you should give each one a similar filename start so they're grouped together on the server. If needs be I will write the .txts file for you, your levels kick ass.

Hell man, dhellb01.wad works... unless you make more than 255 levels. =P

If you get your shit organized I'll do your texts for you.

Shit, I could be putting all your shit right here on Doomworld on my Evomo space. Right on the front page. How does that sound?

AIM.

FacetiousSpecies

Let's get this shit going.