Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bryan T

nothing here

Damn, not a single reply. I worked a long time getting these to where they are at.

I'm sure I'm gonna get some flak for my choices but at least 1 person stating some feedback after trying one of them would be appreciated.

I had meant to reply when you first posted these, obviously never actually did though. still haven't played them yet but they do sound like some really interesting changes. I've had some thoughts before about taking a hack at Brutal Doom and I don't know how improved things are in SE, but the organization of the base v19 is pretty messy. so yeah, I can definitely see how all those changes would take a while 9__9

Rowsol said:

Damn, not a single reply. I worked a long time getting these to where they are at.

I'm sure I'm gonna get some flak for my choices but at least 1 person stating some feedback after trying one of them would be appreciated.

It just seems like this is a mod with your personal preferences. For example, you castrated the archvile :-P

VGA said:

It just seems like this is a mod with your personal preferences. For example, you castrated the archvile :-P

Because I removed his ability to revive dead monsters? That just means I increased his rate to kill you.

Is he weaker than before? Sure, because reviving is OP.

I like this. You actually made Brutal Doom balanced and fun. Is this a ting you'll work on more or is it basically finished now?

I especially like the uncapped health. As strange as it is to walk into slime and not die, I don't miss it. Sound effects are fitting and easy on the ears. Combining the grenade and rocket launchers is nice, and having barons slide back when kicked is an immediate improvement over them just standing there screaming while you remain trapped in whatever corner they've boxed you into.

I don't even like Brutal Doom, but I think I'll come back to this mod from time to time.

I like how much faster your BD variant is, it feels a lot more in line with the extreme nature of the mod. All the weapons have a super cool buttery feel to them.

It also seems like you've tuned up the original mod's crappy performance, is that true?

Jaxxoon R said:

I like this. You actually made Brutal Doom balanced and fun. Is this a ting you'll work on more or is it basically finished now?

I especially like the uncapped health. As strange as it is to walk into slime and not die, I don't miss it. Sound effects are fitting and easy on the ears. Combining the grenade and rocket launchers is nice, and having barons slide back when kicked is an immediate improvement over them just standing there screaming while you remain trapped in whatever corner they've boxed you into.

I don't even like Brutal Doom, but I think I'll come back to this mod from time to time.

I keep saying I'm done updating it but I always find something else I wanna tweak. (updated today with a significant change)

To be fair, I didn't make the grenade launcher altfire, that was SigFloyd's work.

Thanks for trying it out!

Gifty said:

I like how much faster your BD variant is, it feels a lot more in line with the extreme nature of the mod. All the weapons have a super cool buttery feel to them.

It also seems like you've tuned up the original mod's crappy performance, is that true?

Thanks for trying it, and for finishing Smooth Doom. Great mod! (I invite you to download this smooth doom mod and look at the code. I did quite the job with it:))

I disabled most smoke and the hitboxes that spawn on the monsters that determine head/leg shots so I'm sure that has helped.

Am I going crazy or are the goofy horns Mark added to the Archvile showing up during his attack animation, when they aren't there as he's walking about normally?

Jaxxoon R said:

Am I going crazy or are the goofy horns Mark added to the Archvile showing up during his attack animation, when they aren't there as he's walking about normally?

You're right! I added the extra sprites from Smooth Doom and never realized the horns were added. I'll change that. Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Okay, got it fixed up.
EDIT2: Turns out you shouldn't mod when drunk and upload right before bed. He's fixed now. Sorry to the 8 people that downloaded it.

Most excellent, you're quite fast.

And, although it's a bit sad to see the Pain Elemental's iconic attack go, perhaps it's for the better, as it lead to a huge mess rather quickly. Maybe if the fireballs at least looked like Lost Souls it wouldn't be such a loss.

Ah whatever, this mod might as well be very much finished by this point, in my opinion. :)

Fun, but messing with the weapon order has caused me to unintentionally select the rocket launcher and blow my self up on multiple occasions. I guess I should learn to adapt, but if I could do that I would be posting on these forums dammit :P

Bug report for RowMod: If the player only has a pistol, shotgun and rocket launcher and runs out of shotgun shells, for some reason scrolling with the mouse wheel won't select any weapon beside the rocket launcher even if the player has bullets.

In fact the mod in general does seem to favor selecting the Rocker Launcher more then usual.

Captain Red said:

Fun, but messing with the weapon order has caused me to unintentionally select the rocket launcher and blow my self up on multiple occasions. I guess I should learn to adapt, but if I could do that I would be posting on these forums dammit :P

Bug report for RowMod: If the player only has a pistol, shotgun and rocket launcher and runs out of shotgun shells, for some reason scrolling with the mouse wheel won't select any weapon beside the rocket launcher even if the player has bullets.

In fact the mod in general does seem to favor selecting the Rocker Launcher more then usual.

You seem to be referencing RowMod with your blowing yourself up comment. The rocketlauncher is intentionally set to a high weapon priority because you don't take damage from your own explosions, making it always a good pick. On the brutal doom mod, it's the opposite - it has a low priority so you don't blow yourself up.

Thanks for the bug report!

EDIT: The bug is fixed.