Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brewtal_Legend

atmospheric midi soundtrack replacement wads?

Are there any good midi/mus music replacements for Doom 2 and Ultimate doom out there? One that can work with vanilla ports that is?

I always liked the more eerie and ambient soundtracks of psx and d64. I figured maybe some just more atmospheric/eerie midi music instead of rock/metal inspired tracks would be the closest thing for vanilla ports if there were any out there. I've looked, but yet to find anything.

Any recommendations? Thanks.

FuzzballFox said:

They meant Vanilla use- so MP3/OGG won't be a good choice!

my bad, i didn't see that.

in that case, i don't know. The Talosian Incident has some very good moody music you could take songs from and put into a wad if you want. it's not exactly PSX Doom or Doom 64 music, but it's still pretty good.

i also made this Aubrey Hodges inspired track a long time ago. https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9r3aave83737ch/Crystal%20Peaks.mid?dl=0

Gez said:

He said "vanilla ports" which is kind of an oxymoron. :p

And nowadays, you can trick even Chocolate Doom into playing an OGG soundtrack, you just have to make it believe it's a recording of the MIDI tracks. It won't know the difference because it's just a program. ;)

True true but I assumed standard DOS Doom not a port~ :P
Either way I would have a dig about some stuff but tired soooo -w-

Gez said:

He said "vanilla ports" which is kind of an oxymoron. :p

And nowadays, you can trick even Chocolate Doom into playing an OGG soundtrack, you just have to make it believe it's a recording of the MIDI tracks. It won't know the difference because it's just a program. ;)

Yeah, I guess it was an oxymoron. :P I want something I can use with Doom Retro specifically. Was just wondering if there were any full music replacements like that out there. Thanks for some of the suggestions guys.