Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tristan

Ultimate Doom in Name Only - voting for new leadership (see page 20)

Cell said:

I'm curious how mouldy would define "people who aren't bad at making maps", because with a standard of his abilities, 80% of the community would be dropped.

Well I gave all the d2ino maps a pass, even though a few were a bit dodgy, so my benchmark isn't all that high compared to other people. We had many arguments about good and bad mapping and there are as many opinions as there are mappers, but I think there is a line below which most people can agree is substandard.

How about we do no strict reserving of any type, but if someone feels like they will actually do something (not an "idea rolling around" but a "something will definitely come out of this"), they just announce it in the thread, and the list in the OP is merely a list of who is working on a map in which slot, not which slot is strictly reserved for whom. This way people can use their own judgement about trying a map for a slot that's already going to have something, and noone has to be the one to say "this one person shouldn't be reserving any slots". And the OP updating person is kept busy :)

I'd actually like to make a map for this. I'll try e3m2.

And I agree about the no reserving maps thing. Just picking the best/most interesting interpretation. And that should probably be the way we do community wads in the future too.

So cannonball since everyone voted for you to be in charge, what are the new guidelines going to be. Since Eris won't be working on this project anymore you should start a replacement thread with the rules & whatnot so you can keep the map list updated.

Jaws In Space said:

So cannonball since everyone voted for you to be in charge, what are the new guidelines going to be. Since Eris won't be working on this project anymore you should start a replacement thread with the rules & whatnot so you can keep the map list updated.

Certainly going to relax the rules on weapons at least. I personally think cacos and lost souls should be included in episode 1 to mix things up. But going further I would admit will involve further discussion before the new thread is launched.

Jaws In Space said:

Really got into adding to this map last week, here is an unfinished progress update. Let me know what you think or let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x88w5lj707mtqdo/UDINOmap.wad?dl=0

It gives an impression of a generic and average-looking level, with roughly Episode2-esque aesthetics. Except for a few odd bits like asphalt outdoor floor, a table and a helicopter (!), all of them rather ugly. I don't know, you should have made it a much more distinct "Military Base" if we were actually going about the map title. Gameplay was easy (with too many ammo-sponge spectres and harmless zombiemen) and layout was obviously unfinished yet, that's it. Not really bad, at least the layout seems varied enough.