Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Awards

I think the doomworld community is the perfect size for having awards at the end of every year. Silly awards, serious awards. The mods could come up with the awards and decide to whom they distribute the awards to.

Awards:

Most affluent mapper: the doomworld member that contributed the most wads this year. This would be decided based on how many wads the person published and how good they were.

The most words posted: the person who posted the most words on the doomworld forums - how many posts doesn't matter

The biggest posts: the person who you most associate with making big posts. (deadnail, *cough*)

The most annoying doomworld member: the person whose posts are the most annoying. (hellbent, *cough*)

Maybe do awards for best wads, DM and SP as well.

What say you Ling et al.

best ever comeback kid;

pritch, on probabtion to mod in <4 months :)

uh, didn't we have the golden cybers btw?

Welcome to the world of obvious minus irony minus humour minus stating the bloody obvious

Heh...I was just thinking yesterday that the award for best avatar ever should go to the imp humping the doomguy. The pic would be extremely lame if it weren't for that cute little heart. That just makes my day every time I see it.

'Most Bannings and reappearences

/me points left
<----------------

:P

Seriously though.... how about stuff like:

1)Most well known community member
2)Most creative doom fan fiction writer
3)Most loved doom site admin
4)Member most likely to get banned from DW.

I remember posting something about a 'post of the month-award' something like 2 years ago.. The damn project never got started.

Good luck Hellbent ;P

Disorder said:

I remember posting something about a 'post of the month-award' something like 2 years ago.. The damn project never got started.

Heh that's quite impressive, seeing as how these forums haven't been around that long ;)

I remember that post though, it was maybe a year old, in fact I was looking through archives recently and it's still near the beginning of this forum.

posted Sat 2 Jun 06:34

How about a post-of-the-month award? Lut posted "BEST POST OF THE MONTH" in ralphis' thread beneath. That's how I came up with this...Example> Someone makes a thread about "500 ways of gett .

Da_Esco² said:

1)Most well known community member
2)Most creative doom fan fiction writer
3)Most loved doom site admin
4)Member most likely to get banned from DW.

1) ME
2) dsm
3) ME
4) YOU

Lüt said:

Heh that's quite impressive, seeing as how these forums haven't been around that long ;)

It must've been the booze...

fodders said:

...Some old post by myself..

Sniff.. The good old days.

Ling's post

ROTFL, the first post on these forums to make me laugh out loud in quite a while. Thanks :)

I think awards for best single player/ multiplayer level, best mod, etc. would be good incentive for people to get off their asses and do / finish their projects.

We need cool prizes tho, "Admin for a day" for example. :)

Rellik said:I think awards for best single player/ multiplayer level, best mod, etc. would be good incentive for people to get off their asses and do / finish their projects.

We need cool prizes tho, "Admin for a day" for example. :)

We're on the same wavelength, Rellik

Like me for instance =P

(that's kinda why I suggested the awards thing, I wanna compete. o_O)