Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xit-vono

Official Demo Request Thread

TimeOfDeath said:

Can a glider make a NM or UV pacifist demo on this map please, so I can add it to the zip and upload to /idgames?

It took a few tries for the cyber to not kill me at the glide, but you're alone after he teleports.

Wait, what cyber? Here are OK glides in 0:08 and 0:09.

nlvmpa.zip

Yeah. Check DSDA before making demo requests, especially in the case of well-known wads where you'd expect plenty of demos to exist.

NM100 TAS-es for really insane or obscure maps for NM100 such as 1monster MAP19, Cchest2 MAP24 (although I guess only NM62 or w/e is possible here heh), or undone later Scythe 2 maps. Just out of boredom one day, I recorded a casual nomo with 100% secrets for 1monster MAP19. Hopefully that helps out anybody who might possibly want to take on that map for NM100? (Please don't upload it to DSDA. Plays back with complevel 9 just in case...)

1m19100s.zip

OK a bit of summary. The following were requested and not done yet:

WAD           MAP            Category       Requested by

1024          MAP30          Max            Gusta
Doom           E4M6          Pacifist (tas) Looper
Plutonia      MAP23(28...)   Tyson          odysseyofnoises
courtesc                     Max            Memfis
Kuchitsu                     Movie          Plut
Relive                       Movie          Plut
NDCP2         MAP19          Speed/ZDoom    vdgg
Tolwyn02                     any            Searcher
mueller03                    Max            Memfis
nerve         MAP05,6,7      NM/Respawn     Cyberdemon531
1monster      MAP19          NM(100) (tas)  doomdaniel95
cchest2       MAP24          NM(100) (tas)  doomdaniel95
scythe2       MAP19-27,29,30 NM(100) (tas)  doomdaniel95
Note by moderator: Do not use this thread as a way to pimp your own wads

I forgot I had requested E4M6. I'm not interested on it anymore D: I would rather see it without TAS, heh.

Plutonia MAP26 new UV-Max record please? ("Do not touch this bloody map, its cursed..." - Anders in 1998 :-)

I suppose this is the best thread to ask this.

I´m looking for speed runs of the Torment and Torture series. I´m a bit puzzled why I can´t find any on the DSDA. (tnte1.zip, tnte2.zip, tnte3.zip, tntle.zip as well as the compilation tutnt.zip* which are all on /idgames) (*specifically this one)

Is there some kind of rule on modded WADs or is it simply the case that nobody has done any demos yet?

Well, these wads are for ZDoom and ZDoom isn't a good port for speedrunning because any demo might start desyncing after just one port update, plus it's quite far away from vanilla's behavior, which annoys a lot of people. So I imagine most players record ZDoom demos only on wads they are very passionate about, for example I made a demo for Tormentor's Austerity because it was my favorite wad like 7 years ago.

Ah thanks for the explanation Memfis. So almost nobody makes speed runs from ZDoom WADs? I didn't know that. Think I saw a playthrough of TUTNT on YouTube though. Would be nice to see a proper run or two though even if only on video. Too lazy now to check if there are any others. Might do it myself for fun.

Cheers

I'd like to see an uv-max of equinox map13.
the level looks epic in some rooms, so the music do imho. there are just uv-speeds from creaphis if im right tho.

i don't think i'll ever play wads with "hard changed" custom sounds/texture/bars, because for some reason i get sick very quickly playing those lol
thats also the reason I've never played eternal for example. same goes for this equinox I just discovered :)

I'm not 100% sure, but isn't that map unmaxable? Like, iirc, there's not enough ammo to take out all the perches enemies (cybs in particular)

Ribbiks said:

I'm not 100% sure, but isn't that map unmaxable? Like, iirc, there's not enough ammo to take out all the perches enemies (cybs in particular)

well, no idea about it, but nothing written about it either in creaphis speed demos nor in the general txt
anybody has tried the map enough to confirm this?

The amount of infighting and absolutely perfect berserk-punching it would take to max that map would be ridiculous... 24 Cybers in the central area say hello for one. That lava tunnel filled with pinkies and spectres seems like jolly good time too, no radsuits and the invuln only lasts for so long so how are you going to deal with all that meat without wasting a ton of ammo? Other than linedef skipping of course, but counting on linedef skips in non-TAS maxes takes some kind of dedication in a map like this :p

...So I'd expect a j4rio maxdemo to pop up any minute now.

There's not enough ammo for those cybers, even if you were fully stocked from previous maps.

umh. a pseudo max without the cyber killed? just to look how the map would look with enough ammo in a max run maybe.

on a side-note I'd love to see maxes of any Hellcore 2.0 maps. I decided to give the wad a whirl the other day and was taken aback by how fucking horrendously balanced it seemed. First map I ended up wandering into areas with hordes of imps/barons, had no weapons. It felt like it was theoretically possible, just way tedious and annoying. My knee-jerk reaction was to check for other people's max demos, see if I was missing some secrets or something, was surprised to see no demos, thought it was a pretty popular mapset. iirc a couple of the maps are buggy and require zdoom I think, is that why no demos? Or are the maps really just terrible to play? :p

are the maps really just terrible to play

IIRC that's the consensus.

Kotzugi said:

Ah thanks for the explanation Memfis. So almost nobody makes speed runs from ZDoom WADs? I didn't know that. Think I saw a playthrough of TUTNT on YouTube though. Would be nice to see a proper run or two though even if only on video. Too lazy now to check if there are any others. Might do it myself for fun.

Cheers

I did some RTAs of Stronghold and Zpack. I could maybe try UTNT, but probably wouldn't record demos.

Regarding Hellcore 2.0, the weapon availability improves on map 4; it's nothing but shotgun, chaingun, and chainsaw before then. Played through it years ago. 1 and 2 are awful for maxruns. 9 is tedious as well as 4. 10 isn't fun for me but others may enjoy it. 3 is probably doable but limited to shotgun/chaingun action. 8 appears to require jumping to maxrun. 6 is a storytelling map, utterly pointless for speedrunning. 11 has been done so I won't speak of it.

So that leaves 7 and maybe 3,5, and 10. Really slim pickings as far as maps that might be interesting to do or watch a maxrun of.

My random request is A.L.T. map 13 UV Speed. I could do it (eventually) but the quality would be awful. A large chunk of the map is skippable.

Mayan Mishap
(t-maya)

Reconstruction/Decomposition
(rc-dc)

Monster Hunter Limited 1 & 2
(mohu1)
(mohu2)

UV-Max is desired, but not required. I might give Mayan Mishap a shot on UV-Speed myself.

I would like to see any full iwad UV max TAS. Maybe some easy episode from Ultimate Doom? Maybe some of you TASers could work together on a project like that? Just start from the first map and continue until you run out of motivation. Then let the next TASer continue from there. Eventually we have a full max run.

Also, anyone wanna finish off Requiem map 27 tyson, so that I don't have to? The first half is easy, but it gets harder after the cyber demon kill. I can't quite survive to the end, because I need to punch too many barons. Attached is a very short failed demo that shows a shotgun guy absorbing 5 normal punches without dying. Doom wins, Aqfaq RAGEQUITS!

rt27-shotgunner-fail.zip