Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
s13n1

DOOM HD Project

Your desire to make low-poly versions for future source ports pleases me.

I'd totally buy one, if I had the money to spend and if he was in a cool pose.

dude your stuff is so awesome, when i first saw it on the doom 64 board i felt so moved!

i would totally buy!(when i had the money)

Thanks guys, glad you like them so far.

I've still got a lot to learn about sculpting and modeling. This is only my fourth or fifth sculpt in mudbox, so I'll no doubt improve a lot by the time i get a few more finished.

Ive decided to remake the Pinky demon in the traditional design. I do like the Doom 64 pinky, but I would love to see a really high detailed and gritty version of the original all pinky and I'm sure others would too.

I don't think I'll start on pinky straight away though, I've got a sculpt of the quake 1 ogre I want to finish and I've been keen to sculpt the Lost Soul, as it will be a nice quick one.

After that I think it will be the Imp, and then I'll make pinky.

Started work on the Lost Soul.

Lost Soul WIP by Doom 64 HD, on Flickr

Adding some realistic features and details, but trying to keep the proportions and design faithful

Still lots to do, no texturing at all yet.

Update:

More progress and a base layer of paint.

Turntable:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/doomhd/15412812463/

The sculpt is about 90% i reckon. I want to clean it up some more though and make the details a little less noisy. A lot of that facial detail will be lost in game because he's such a fast moving beastie, and i think a slightly smoother finish will look better.

Made some decent progress today.

Very hot and windy weather outside, so its perfect for staying the hell in doors and making demons.

Textured the Lost Soul and sculpted some flames.

Added some additional flames and embers in photoshop for effect.

Model is probably 95% complete i reckon.

Thanks.

He's pretty much complete now, but will no doubt need a lot of tweaking once its in game. I still have to make low poly versions of these models and bake the details over, but ill do this at the very end, when i know there will be absolutely no further editing.

I will be coming back to add some unique details so he's not so symmetrical, such as crooked teeth, cracks, chips etc.

Here's a current Turntable:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/doomhd/16012874676/

That chaingunner looks like a badass macho steampunk dwarf.

Here's how Impy is looking.

Imp WIP by Doom 64 HD, on Flickr

Still a very basic level of detail, just focusing on really getting the body shape and proportions spot on, then ill start going to town on the details.

The spikes will come later, otherwise if there's any further changes to the body it will screw the spikes up too much.

Aiming for an accurate recreation but with a touch of terrifying realism.

Skin will be leathery, not furry. Very filthy with dirty skin and most likely some shit stains on their legs and blood around mouth and on their arms.

I'll say what I say to anyone showing anywhere near your level of talent: Make sprites, please!

I know that request almost doesn't do justice to models of this level of quality. But, if done right, the sprites can be awesome, and can be used in ports without model support. They can be hires source images, and get scaled down by the port engine at runtime. I know I'd use 'em. Anyway, very nice work!

Dont worry, i was already planning to render out sprites.

In fact, this project was going to be only sprites, for a classic 2D Doom project. But after playing through Doom 3 again with Sikkmod, i've decided to make it for Doom 3.

s13n1 said:

Dont worry, i was already planning to render out sprites.

In fact, this project was going to be only sprites, for a classic 2D Doom project. But after playing through Doom 3 again with Sikkmod, i've decided to make it for Doom 3.

That's great news! Very exciting!

Dat chaingunner is like the epitome of manliness, even more than Final Fight's Bill Bull:

s13n1 said:

This is a screen grab from 3DS Max.
(IMP)
Its a bit cleaner.
Doom 64 HD, on Flickr

Needs more working,as you are Trying to give it more details <3...

I'm more so after feedback on the design, not the level of detail.

The model is nowhere near completion, so obviously the detail is nowhere near final.

The more i look at him, the mouth starts to look a bit like a cats. Haha, cat lips.

I'm reworking the face now.. ;-)

For the imp, I'd try to make its face more reptilian in appearance. Perhaps taking inspiration from a snake or lizard, without a human-like nose. The jaws in the original sprites also seem to open freakishly wide like a snake's, especially when viewed from the side.

Design of the imp model looks awesome and appropriate for that Doom-ish creature. All models in this thread are awe-inspiring. Keep up the great work!

s13n1 said:

I'm more so after feedback on the design, not the level of detail.

The model is nowhere near completion, so obviously the detail is nowhere near final.

The more i look at him, the mouth starts to look a bit like a cats. Haha, cat lips.

I'm reworking the face now.. ;-)

The IMP From DOOM 3 is the best example,get Inspired ... :

DMGUYDZ64 said:

The IMP From DOOM 3 is the best example,get Inspired ... :

No, the classic Imp is better for the classic Doom style, at least I would say so.