Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizera

The amazing "identify that Doom song" thread.

About Brotherhood of Ruins...

Okay, so yeah, MAP01's music is some anonymous untitled pcorf song without a name. Same for the text screen music, another nameless pcorf song.

I think MAP03 is yet another untitled pcorf song. It doesn't explicitly say so in the metadata, but the setup with time division 120, 17 tracks the first is "untitled" the next are titled "Track 1" to "Track 16" is identical to the title screen and text screen music. (MAP01's song is in MUS format and therefore cannot be compared.)

Some of the songs are from Heretic (MAP05, intermission) or Hexen II (MAP02). But the rest?

MAP04's song has two "title" markers in its MIDI metadata. The first is "Mordeth2" and the second is just "Melody". Is it actually a song made for Mordeth originally?

I have no idea about MAP06. It's in MUS format so it has no metadata.

MAP07 definitely sounds like a MIDI transcription of some pop song. Which one?

Memfis said:

garrulo map08, 12, 13, 20, 26, 29 please?

I asked Eye del cul about the music he used on garrulismo and he answered:

MAP08: He doesn't remember, he says he maybe got it from another wad.

MAP12: Guns 'n' Roses - Coma.

MAP13: it's a song from the Rolling Stones, he doesn't remember which one.

MAP20: Barricada - Balas Blancas.

MAP26: Soundtrack of "A fist full of Dollars".

MAP29: This is song is from los Héroes del Silencio, doesn't remember which one.

Hope it helps.

The message is here: http://www.arcades3d.net/forosmf/index.php?topic=16476.msg253912#msg253912

Thanks a lot! Gonna try some songs by that map29 band, hopefully I'll find it. It's maybe my favorite midi in the wad.

Gez said:
About Brotherhood of Ruins... (...)
MAP04's song has two "title" markers in its MIDI metadata. The first is "Mordeth2" and the second is just "Melody". Is it actually a song made for Mordeth originally?

It sounds similar to a sample once sent to me, but never received the finished piece. Would have to dig long and hard in the remains of my previous PC to find it, though.

Notepad.exe says map32 is "Chrono Cross - Another Voyage". It's actually a good program for identifying midis.

Mordeth said:

It sounds similar to a sample once sent to me, but never received the finished piece. Would have to dig long and hard in the remains of my previous PC to find it, though.

You don't remember who sent it, do you?

Memfis said:

Notepad.exe says map32 is "Chrono Cross - Another Voyage". It's actually a good program for identifying midis.

Not to toot my own horn too much, but...

Gez said:
You don't remember who sent it, do you?

It's been a while ;) Nick Baker made two samples, but I'm (pretty) sure the ruinbros one wasn't one of those.

01: mr jack - soad
10: pull harder on the strings of your martyr - trivium

I don't know the others, I'm sure doomkid does though

It seems to be an edit of Scythe 2 map25 midi, which is “Intolerance” from Seiken Densetsu 3 according to the wiki.

Judging from what was said in the ZDoom forum thread, most of the WF music comes from Unreal Tournament 2004, Shadowgrounds and Tunnel B-1. The author, however, never answered any question about music credits...

Some of the tracks have kept metadata. WFMAP32 is track 26 from The Electric Joe Satriani: An Anthology; WFMAP32C is "Radio" from the Terminator 3 OST by Marco Beltrami. But the one you want is WFMAP12B.

Memfis said:

garrulo map08, 12, 13, 20, 26, 29 please?

Well, as for me, I'm rather interested in the music of maps 04, 15 and 22. The last one, as far as I recall, is a Rolling Stones(?) track, but not remembering the title at all.