Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Hardest game Enemy you ever fought .

Curious what was the Hardest Enemy (Robot,Monster...etc) you ever fought from whatever game,Was it a boss or an usual enemy ? and how does it Attack ... etc

Metroid Prime, which is the last boss from, well... Metroid Prime... was dang hard. It took me quite a few tries to beat it.

The boss of Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (named I-No) was also insanely hard. In fact, I don't think I've ever beaten her to this day.

Castlevania Lords of Shadows:Resurrection addon boss The Forgotten One. Damn that was hard boss, there are also other hard bosses but can't remember them right now and this boss was first one I remembered

I Never Beaten HL2EP2 Final boss without "God" cheat enabled because this boss was freakin HARD,you'll have to protect the Missile before it's launch while fighting many Striders,Alien Creatures .. etc
* The reason for it being hard is maybe because of the Aliens Protecting striders,you'll have to Pay attention to strider and try as hard as possible to defeat it before it destroys the Missile,but careful not to get killed by other aliens ..

printz said:

D'sparil.

This enemy is quite badass but do you think he is really more difficult than Eidolon from Hexen 2 for example? That could really be the most badass Serpent Rider.

Guest Unregistered account

Speaking of D'sparil, Heretic was the perfect way to introduce my friends to the Doom universe since we're all 13. I got Heretic Touch on my phone and I've finally managed to defeat D'sparil.

My friends seem happy to watch, although one of them has decided to play and has almost completed the first episode in Yellowbellies-'R'-Us. I swear, there should be a whole book dedicated to his commentary.

Seriously, Superstar Saga has so many fucking unbalanced fights. When entering new areas, you have to EXP farm so much more than in the classic Mario RPG, it gets annoying as hell.

(I still love the shit outta Superstar Saga though)

A fast moving Romero Head firing BFG balls and shouting offensive naughty words.

The OP's question is kind of naive, because it can be answered by many examples of ridiculously unbalanced or intentionally shitty games where beating an enemy is literally impossible.

When you first fight Vile in Megaman X, it's so cheap! I've tried resetting time and time again after I die, but I just can't do it. I guess I'll never see the rest of the game :(

printz said:

D'sparil.

Easy when you spam him with a tomed Hell staff or Phoenix rod…

Archi said:

Heavy Hulk from Descent.

Ha, yes. Tough one if you fight him frontly.

Oy, that's a toughy... I'd have to probably go with Nihilanth from Half-Life - at least in terms of enemies I've fought and beaten (I decided to limit it to enemies I can actually beat, because otherwise then it just gets impossible to decide). The combination of aim, timing (because you have to get him when his brain-thingy is exposed), and platforming, plus dodging his crazy teleporter attacks, made that one of the craziest boss battles I've ever fought. And to think, that was at a time when vertical movement and aiming in an FPS was relatively new. Made me feel like a total badass when I killed him, though.

Today I attempted Silent Hill 1 on hard and found the Mumblers tough in the school. They attack in 3-4, takes 5 pistol shots to stun them + they respawn. There's not much room to avoid them and it takes too much time to down one while they trap and bj Harry to death. One of the hardest monsters for a while.

From the hundreds of games i once played and owned (snes, psx, ps2, gc, gb, gbc, pc, etc.) nothing ever felt as hard and time consuming as the resident evil games ranging from 1 to 4. I realy like the way these games are but they just feel so long and hard without being bad... How many times i started 2 (psx) and 4 (gc) to never finish them...

edit ;
So all those old resident zombie creatures count as hard for me.

tourniquet said:

FF8's Omega Weapon

i was spoiled big time when you finally met that boss, so i had no problem with it at all, funnily enough. :p here's how you beat it: use a Holy War. there is absolutely nothing he can do against you when you use it, at all. why they put in such a game-breaking consumable in that game is beyond me.

I can't even remember HL2E2's boss. I think the episode 1 boss was a strider in a confined area. I also remember the hunters in the episode 2.

This is a tough question for me to answer. What makes an enemy hard? Lives lost or time taken on the enemy? There are also circumstances too. Like the end of Final Fantasy Legend 2 I never overcame the warmech, because I had wasted my weapons on the previous boss. RPG games you can grind to easily defeat any monster, but does the grind account for the time taken to beat the boss?

The most dangerous enemy in Doom 2 is definitely the Revenant. Other monsters are either too slow or their attacks are easily telegraphed (Archvile?). But the Revenant is practically everywhere and is incredibly quick to shoot. I like to call it the Grim Reaper of Doom 2.

Doomhuntress said:

use a Holy War. there is absolutely nothing he can do against you when you use it,

Yeah i know Holy War renders this battle to a piece of cake, that's why i tend to not use it at all + they are usually seldom and hard to obtain unless you're willing to refine some rare cards

I have played quite many games, but I think there's only one boss that I haven't beaten without dying once. It is the 'Leatherhead' from Turtles 3: Manhattan Project (NES). I have completed the game many times without dying once, except that boss kills me every time. I was watching walkthrough @ youtube and was amazed the player didn't die against Leatherhead, turns out it was tool-assisted :D

Probably FF7's side bosses, if only because the methods to beat them require tons of grinding for specific items or whatever that I just never found the patience to do.

Most recently, the hardest boss I've found is Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. If only because the difficulty of the fight ramps up ludicrously high from the rest of the game. All this time you've learned to block and spam special commands, most of his attacks are nigh unblockable and he teleports around too much for most attacks to be any use against him. Not sure if I hated it because it was too hard of because it was just unfair.

geo said:

I can't even remember HL2E2's boss. I think the episode 1 boss was a strider in a confined area. I also remember the hunters in the episode 2.

HL2E2's boss was multiple striders swarming in from different directions, each accompanied by two or three hunters. You had to stop them from interrupting the rocket launch, so the whole battle turns into a kind of FPS tower-defense game. The trickiest part wasn't so much the striders themselves as it was juggling between them to ensure that none of them ever reached the rocket.

The Will-O-The-Wisps in Wonderboy In Monsterland:

Those suckers had more hit points than the final dragon boss. They didn't chase you down or anything, but it was a temptation to corner and kill them (even that way, it took at least a minute of constantly hitting them every second that there is) because they were worth so many points and left high-tier bonuses behind.