Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

What did you get for Christmas?

For me:

$270 (250 check, 20 cash)
Digital camcorder equipment (light, extra battery, carrying case, cleaning goods and tripod)
LL Bean winter socks
LL Bean Swiss Army knife
Steel toed boots to match existing camo uniform
Fleece bed sheet set
Wen conditioner, Winter mint scent

What about everyone else?

80$ (50 check, 30 cash)
100$ Gift card
1TB Seagate Hard-drive
Finger Lights (rave lights if you want better example)
Knitted hat, scarf and bag

Already used 92$ of the gift card buying 3 of the cheap parts for my custom computer, last of it will go to Steam when I receive the parts. 120gb SSD, CPU Cooler and DvD Writer/Burner.
Soon to open a bank account to buy last 5 parts I haven't ordered.
Looking eeeextrememly forward for this computer. CPU, Mobo, case, graphics card and power supply.

One Beer growler from a local market (to replace the one I managed to lose this year)

One gift card to said market for $50 (of beer growler purchases, most likely)

One "CapitaLIST Pig" Piggy Bank (black on the outside so you can list what you want to save for)

One 30$ gift card to a local sandwich stop

T-Shirt

Earphones

25$ iTunes Giftcard

For not wanting any particular thing, this year has finished very nicely in the realm of gifts. Cannot complain!

• A really pretty necklace and pendant from my wife
  • 40K figures (Dark Angels Company Veterans Squad)
  • $220 cash (I'll use this for an airsoft stuff, most likely)
  • $25 Hot Topic gift card
  • New leggings
  • Portable Sriracha bottle with a carabiner on it.
  • Various hot sauces
  • Incense holder and a bunch of incense sticks
  • Tea
  • Socks
  • Nightgown
  • Bracelet

2 Pink Floyd flag posters (one of Dark Side Of The Moon and the other of The Wall)

Pink Floyd keychain

$100 cash

Candlemass' original Epicus Doomicus Metallicus on vinyl

In-shell hazelnuts. About 20 bags. Delicious little bastards.

I got a Sodastream. Very much out of left field, but very cool, and I can't deny I've always wanted one. Time to start creating mad scientist soda concoctions.

-$100
-Some 700 page book on Ghosts(Apparently this was just a joke, but I guess I could use it as a stand for my monitor)
-Factory sealed copies of Deus Ex(PC version) and Final Fantasy Anthology(PSX)

2 games literally. From Steam friends. Shadow Warrior 2013 and Don't Starve Together.

If it wasn't for them I would have received nothing. I'm cool with that this year. Under normal circumstances I'd hate it after pouring a few hundred dollars into gift giving. This year $0 and I just didn't go to any Christmas parties. Sure my family might see me as some depressed loon that needs help, but I see it as they failed to get me anything for 2 years straight and failed to thank me.

geekmarine said:

I got a Sodastream. Very much out of left field, but very cool, and I can't deny I've always wanted one. Time to start creating mad scientist soda concoctions.

Can confirm that they're great.

As for me...nothing happened this year. At all. No get together, no meal. Feels pretty surreal, but I'm not too surprised since the family is pretty spread out and disconnected. I still would have liked to decorate a tree this year; should have went to my Uncle's and chopped one of his trees by his deer blind (with permission of course.)

Like I said on one of the threads, A Happy New Year Tickle Tickle Wiggle Wiggle.

Thanks Santa!

I also got a bike too since the other one I had, old and was hard to pedal.

Cash
Few candy boxes
Big set of toothbrushes. Probably in time, too.
Just some clothes. Goddammit, am I looking like hobo nowadays?

If I would've wanted something, it would've been some booze, book or either new game.

geekmarine said:

Family got this few years back, and not a bad thing at all. Mixes pretty well with our homemade berry concentrate juice.

A fuckload of clothes that were way too big or way too small. Hoping I can make some money off them on eBay..

I got some cash though, that was great!

Honestly, I was happy just to spend time with Julia & my folks. We had a nice dinner at the beach!

cash
sweater
a funny wolverine t-shirt
a warm as fuck woolrick jacket (well, i've got it from my dad in the evening before xmas)
a early xmas gift get from my dad's friend this summer, a samsung laptop/touchpad...
sweets

A leather jacket that doesn't fit.

A padded lap-tray to rest my heavy-as-fuck laptop on, which subsequently broke the lap-tray.

A cheque for £100 from my mother, dated 2004 (I'm not joking).

Sigh.

A pair of pants, a new long-sleeved shirt, a $15 Wal Mart gift card, a new watch, and (bless her heart) my granny gave me $25 to spend how I see fit.
Not bad at all for someone who asked for nothing this year (again), and expected nothing this year (again).

$50 gift card
$100 cash
A couple t-shirts
Socks
Beer (Garrison Dry Hopped Ale, Harp, Holsten, Becks, etc..)
Couple tubes acrylic paint
Pack of 5 Canvas panels
USB flash drive
A can of Werther's original caramel candies
A wall mounted, hand carved, wooden dragon from Cuba
Mirror's Edge on Steam

I got...the flu. yep, was so sick I couldn't even celebrate Christmas.

okay for real: CDs, slippers, cash, and gift cards. more or less the usual stuff for me.

geekmarine said:

You will use it twice and then forget it even exists. I got one of those from my father and stopped using it once I realized that just buying bottled carbonated water or even soda was cheaper than making it yourself.

I wasn't really expecting too much this year. I hadn't really asked for anything. Anyway:

-2 pairs of jeans, which I hope fit... still have to try 'em on.
-a 5 pack of underwear.
-a Daggerfall box art t-shirt from the Bethesda Store.
-a Union Aerospace logo t-shirt from the Bethesda Store.
-a flannel throw blanket.
-a coffee mug.
-a $20 Steam wallet card.
-assorted chocolates and candies.
-a pocket knife.
-$50 cash.

Considering I didn't really ask for anything this year, I made out pretty well I thought. I still have another package that's apparently coming in, so this post will be updated when I find out what that is. Also, I think it's safe to say I seriously have enough clothes to probably last me the next several years.

- iPod Touch 5G (16 gb)
- $100 Wal-Mart gift card (my school is so small they give everyone one every year)
- 2 Box sets of Axe (maybe that is a hint of some kind)
- $20 cash
- iHome
- $15 iTunes card
- 2 Pound Bag of Twizzlers (my favorite)
- Box of Dots (my other favorite)
- Toothbrush
- Pair of sleep pants and a sweater

Pretty good Christmas.

An awesome Christmas Eve with my close family who are spread way too far across the globe, and that's all that I needed this year.

Warhammer 40k and fantasy battles table top stuff for my 40k army. (The painting backlog continues to grow)
Bass strings
T-shirts of various bands and horror movies.
(standout's being a Mortician logo shirt and a Tall Man Phantasm shirt.)
Two different hot sauce sampler packs.
Last but not least a Vintage Fender 1976 Jazz Bass body I have saving money for about a year now. Now all I need is a neck and hardware. Already have 1977 pickups.