Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Site and/or forum bugs or things not working

This spoiler can't be opened in some browsers. There's a very large block of DEHACKED code inside, and it extends the page width considerably (you'd have to scroll right), which might cause the spoiler malfunction. Are there any spoiler-related limits or constraints?

If you use code tags inside spoiler tags, the spoiler is broken.

Spoiler

like so

Memfis said:
Is it possible to find all idgames comments by me? Trying to remember some cool wads here...

I've been aware of that issue from nearly the start of the comments system so I've kept a personal list of the WADs I've commented and the ratings I gave them.

Also, Google ignores the mini-reviews, so it's not possible to search for comments you may have signed. Maybe a "search reviews" function could be added to the Search page?

Texts inside the "code" tag are difficult to read now, intentional? -> http://i.imgur.com/Sgks5jM.png

myk said:

Google ignores the mini-reviews

Oh thank you, so it's not my terrible memory after all. I was wondering why I can never find a wad by writing a part of my comment I thought I remember.

I also dislike the new smaller text size inside code tags, I was just going to report it too.

This text is too hard to read right now.
EDIT - screenshot:

The text in code tags used to be normal size, until the spoiler fix was made.

EDIT: Thanks for the fix, it's good now.

My code text is a different font completely, so I think it should be configurable in your browser settings.

EDIT: Rather, it was. nvm

First (since a few days ago), the text was very small in both IE9 and Opera. Then (a few hours ago), the text was alright in IE9 but I didn't check Opera. Now, the text is big in IE9 and OK in Opera. Well, I know that IE9 is outdated, and I actually didn't realize that the size might be browser dependent.

EDIT: Now it's OK in both browsers again, thanks.

Gez said:

Is there a guide to VBulletin 2.2.5's search parameters? It's possible in VB3 and beyond to append "&starteronly=1" to a user post search to filter specifically for started threads, but that doesn't work on DW.

New PMs in Inbox don't always trigger a pop-up window. Some have to be resent because the recipients fail to notice them, for the same reason.

One of them does, the other unknown, after two PMs didn't manage to get through to him yet.

edit: I see that he is new and has email via DW blocked in the bargain. Bloodshedder, perhaps you could give him a gentle poke?

Mostly it's about my end. Perhaps having DW forum open in multiple tabs has something to do with it? Running latest Firefox here. Some time the notifications pop up, sometimes they don't.

I think Memfis has experienced this too. Will PM (heh) him for his input in a sec.

I dunno, I had a few instances where I didn't get a notification and I think I had the popup option turned on at that time, but to be honest I'm not 100% sure now. Is it on by default? I'm also using AdBlock, maybe it can interfere sometimes. Firefox too btw.

Never_Again said:

edit: I see that he is new and has email via DW blocked in the bargain. Bloodshedder, perhaps you could give him a gentle poke?

He has both e-mail notification and pop-ups turned off. Good luck getting him to read PMs

Memfis said:
myk said:

Google ignores the mini-reviews, so it's not possible to search for comments [on the /idgames frontend] you may have signed. Maybe a "search reviews" function could be added to the Search page?

:D Russia pwns: http://yandex.ru/yandsearch?text=site%3Adoomworld.com%2Fidgames%20%22awesome%20things%20ever%22&lr=213

Three-letter name tags pwn Russia - News at 10