Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Has anyone tried a deep fried hamburger?

I was thinking about hamburgers and suddenly realized that I don't think I have ever tried or seen one being deep fried. One would have thought that deep fried burgers would be a instant success, and yet I don't think I have seen anyone serve them where I live. Has anyone tasted a hamburger that has been deep fried? Either at a place which sells one or because you deep fried it yourself? I am kind of tempted to buy a deep frying pot just to find out since I love deep fried stuff.

EDIT: When I say deep fried I mean dipped into this dough thing and then boiled in fat.

and i suppose you never ate freezer hamburgers made to be dumped into the fryer.. the same fryer used to fry french fries ?
Or visit the magical place called mc'donalds ?

edit :
you can buy deep fry hamburgers wrapped in all sorts of things in stores. i just hope you can too. :)

Fuck no. My idiot friends have. They cook and deep fry all sorts of shit because they can. 10 lbs slab of meat cooked for 10 hours overnight taking shifts to watch it? No problem.

The three of them say its awesome. I love hamburgers, but I respect my body too much to deep fry the fucking things :-)

I live in Scotland. In many parts of Scotland, food isn't considered edible unless its covered in batter, deep fried and dripping with fat. This includes burgers. And pizza. And chocolate bars. And arteries.

This might sound stupid coming from someone who smokes and drinks regularly, but that would be extremely unhealthy.

Zed said:

This might sound stupid coming from someone who smokes and drinks regularly, but that would be extremely unhealthy.

Is it any more unhealthy than the deep fried chicken you get at KFC?

hardcore_gamer said:

Mcdonalds hamburgers (at least over here), french fries, snacks, quik hamburgers, etc.

It all depends on how many times per week or month, and what you mingle with the meat if you make your own burger recipe.

hardcore_gamer said:

I avoid KFC. Personally, I prefer grilled chicken. There's no art, work or effort to deep frying something. In fact I'd say there's more art, work and effort to microwaving something.

I think it's an intriguing idea - I mean, not just deep-frying, but also coating in batter before deep-frying.

Though on the subject of burgers, forget deep-frying, the best thing you can do with a burger is take two smaller patties, and seal together a piece of cheese inside. It takes some practice to get the sealing down right, so that the cheese doesn't leak out of the burger, but if done properly, it's amazing. It's called a Jucy Lucy - I'd never even heard of them before Minnesota, but it's hard to go back to regular cheeseburgers after having one.

I once ordered a burger at KFC, or so I thought.. What I got was thins multi layered deep fried.... Thing. It tasted alright I guess, but the lack of bun/veggies made it kinda awful. Food is all about balance - not just health wise, but taste wise.

In my opinion beef in general is a bad choice for deep frying. In fact, I can't remember ever eating or seeing it battered and fried.

geo said:

I avoid KFC. Personally, I prefer grilled chicken. There's no art, work or effort to deep frying something. In fact I'd say there's more art, work and effort to microwaving something.

KFC isn't anywhere close to real fried chicken, it's shit. If you ever go to louisiana, LA or Memphis TN, you owe it to yourself to find a real southern style restaurant that makes their chicken fresh. Double battered, fried twice at two different temperatures and perfectly seasoned fried chicken is pretty much sex on a plate. Pair that with homemade waffles and it's one of the best meals you can have.

Enjay said:

Probably. Mexico has the doubious honor of being the fattest country in the world, as far as I know. Deep fried hamburgers would be like the coup de grâce (fortunately, I'm skinny like a rope, and I don't want that to change).

And I don't eat at KFC :P

Fulgrim said:

KFC isn't anywhere close to real fried chicken, it's shit. If you ever go to louisiana, LA or Memphis TN, you owe it to yourself to find a real southern style restaurant that makes their chicken fresh. Double battered, fried twice at two different temperatures and perfectly seasoned fried chicken is pretty much sex on a plate. Pair that with homemade waffles and it's one of the best meals you can have.

My cousin works for Tyson I think it is. He has stories. My uncle has chickens on his farm. I've had chicken so fresh it was killed, and plucked 4 hours before. My friend was creeped out that it still had a neck on it.

I do enjoy a deep fried burger once in a while from a chipshop when I'm feeling slovenly. I know it's hilariously unhealthy but sometimes you just don't care. It tastes good at the time.

The funny thing is deep fried burgers have this weird stigma, yet battered sausage is the incredibly commonplace alternative to fish in a chip shop in britain. It's the same damn thing! (okay one's pork one's beef)

And now that I'm thinking about it, guess what I'm getting for dinner tonight...

Craving a deep fried hamburger? Where have you been living son, behind the Iron Curtain, and now you're trying to make up for all the capitalist luxuries that the Evil Ivans denied you?