for next release:
-sprites for Vikky's weapons
-maybe HUD mugshots, or maybe a new HUD altogether

screenshot:

Spoiler

(you're not missing much)

the amigos:
Spoiler

Damian Barrett, 44-year-old ex-SEAL mercenary killing machine. 6' 3" and 300 pounds of 80's heavy metal. Biceps that, apparently, make human beings explode upon contact with his fists. A walking tank that can take a rocket to the face and come out in one piece.

Viktoria Malikova, 20-something-year-old Russian Spetsgruppa "A" member. 5' 6" and 120 pounds of blade-loving pistolero. Faster than a speeding Bad Dragon dildo and able to dish out serious hurt with pistols and knives, but lacks the ability to take more than a few hits.

to be featured eventually:
- more maps
- artsy fartsy
- mexican jimmy neutron

changelog
Spoiler

updated 1/7/15: finished map02, further tweaked recoil, player health, and added the Combat Stims buff
updated 12/30/14: added parts of two new maps, implemented the shotgun replacements for both characters, tweaked gameplay for them a little bit and added preliminary support for the main mini-episode
updated 12/28/14: added a new map, implemented the second playable character

I'm getting a very fatal error on this, admittedly I might not have the latest ZDoom though. There was some red texts in that startup wingow thingy:

Script error, "furry.wad:DX_SUPP" line 8:
Call to unknown function 'CheckClass'
Victoria reminds me of Yoruichi from Bleach somehow.

Tarnsman said:

This is exactly what I'm looking for in a Doom mod.

Why yiff in Hell when you can yiff through it?

Memfis said:

Victoria reminds me of Yoruichi from Bleach somehow.

I knew that face reminded me of something. Hey OP, did you get Nick Simmons to do your character art?

Memfis said:

I'm getting a very fatal error on this, admittedly I might not have the latest ZDoom though.

Me too. The latest development version of GZDoom runs the wad fine, though.

By the way, these new classes and weapons are not my thing at all. The maps are okay, but seem fairly standard.

I tried the WAD out. Map was decent, but it really needed a gun other than the pistol. Also wondering if I was supposed to jump to reach the green armor secret in the starting room, or just run across the gap.

The replacement pistol noise has to be one of the wimpiest I've ever heard. I know we all joke about the stock pistol amounting to being a peashooter, but this one seriously sounds the part. Might even be a bit weaker, in terms of damage output; although I didn't bother to actually measure this, it wouldn't surprise me considering the fists basically have perma-Berserk now or something.

Also, neither class can use the Super Shotgun, which is a bit of a problem when it's literally the first thing you have to run through in the map the "Stock Doom 2 maps" episode option puts you on (MAP05). You can't switch away, unless you had "toss weapon" bound to a key or can exhaust all the ammo. Might want to look into replacing the pickups for it.

All-in-all, not sure this was quite ready for primetime, given how little appears to be done as of writing (a map, 2-3 weapons (including fists), and two classes without sprites as-yet), but there isn't anything particularly bad about it (beyond the aforementioned gripes).

Memfis said:

Maybe they could add an auto-update feature to ZDoom. Then people wouldn't miss new versions.

I know I'm hesitant to blindly upgrade my copy of GZDoom whenever a new one is released, on the grounds that when I used to do this, I rendered all my saves incompatible. Was rather annoying.

It hasn't happened in a while, though...? Not sure.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Shadow Hog said:

wondering if I was supposed to jump to reach the green armor secret in the starting room, or just run across the gap.

Jumping and crouching are allowed at all times unless I decide to be inconsistent and disable it in MAPINFO for one particular map for whatever dumbass reason

The replacement pistol noise has to be one of the wimpiest I've ever heard.

That is the actual audio of a USP .45 being fired with a suppressor attached. It'll make more sense when all the weapon audio is done, but I prefer real weapon audio to Doom's defaults.

I know we all joke about the stock pistol amounting to being a peashooter, but this one seriously sounds the part. Might even be a bit weaker, in terms of damage output; although I didn't bother to actually measure this, it wouldn't surprise me

The USP .45 actually does more damage than the Doom pistol. The Doom pistol does 5x1d3, the USP does 6x1d3

considering the fists basically have perma-Berserk now or something.

Berserk packs no longer affect either character. Damian's fist does 15x1d3; Vikky's does 7x1d3, compared to the vanilla 2x1d10.

Also, neither class can use the Super Shotgun, which is a bit of a problem when it's literally the first thing you have to run through in the map the "Stock Doom 2 maps" episode option puts you on (MAP05). You can't switch away, unless you had "toss weapon" bound to a key or can exhaust all the ammo. Might want to look into replacing the pickups for it.

Yep, SSG is eventually going to be replaced

All-in-all, not sure this was quite ready for primetime, given how little appears to be done as of writing (a map, 2-3 weapons (including fists), and two classes without sprites as-yet), but there isn't anything particularly bad about it (beyond the aforementioned gripes).

Probably not, but if I didn't release things like this incrementally, I'd probably never release anything ever.

RottKing said:

could the male characters have fat crotch bulges

no RottKing

an_mutt said:

I knew that face reminded me of something. Hey OP, did you get Nick Simmons to do your character art?

Negatory, not entirely sure where you guys are drawing that parallel.

joe-ilya said:

It's nice to see someone getting inspired from my RD hud.

I'm not a ponyfag, sorry joe-ilya I will not yiff your MLP OC

scifista42 said:

By the way, these new classes and weapons are not my thing at all. The maps are okay, but seem fairly standard.

Quite alright. If any of the maps are worth a shit I might release a modified set for plain ZDoom gameplay, of course provided I actually finish the mini-episode first, for people who don't feel like playing as furfags

Viktoria Malikov

Change "Malikov" to "Malikova" unless you were going for female name and male surname.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
xnv said:

Change "Malikov" to "Malikova" unless you were going for female name and male surname.

Suggestion noted and applied

First of all, can you stop discussing THAT HUD over there?
Anyway, I checked Deliverance out and it was pretty... Well, it's hard to say anything about it as it has so little content. I could not use SEAL character at all because his height made me want to vomit for some reason so I had to switch to a Spetsnaz character which is so much more playable.
New sprites looked fairly okay except pistol which is too jagged IMO. Also, I don't know why there is no continious fire. Is it supposed to be like this?
MAP01 was nice though I thougt it was too tight on pistol ammo. I guess I should have used fists more often. There's not much else I can say about it as it's more like v0.04 rather than v4.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
xnv said:

Well, it's hard to say anything about it as it has so little content. <...> There's not much else I can say about it as it's more like v0.04 rather than v4.

Valid and noted. Again, if I didn't release incrementally using this model, I would never get anything done. I realize that makes it a drag for the people who actually care about the mod, but it's really the best thing for me as the developer.

I could not use SEAL character at all because his height made me want to vomit for some reason so I had to switch to a Spetsnaz character which is so much more playable.

Really? This is the first I've heard of his height actually being a physical problem for anyone. I'll do more investigating and if warranted I'll change his height to a closer-to-vanilla setting.

New sprites looked fairly okay except pistol which is too jagged IMO.

I don't understand what that means TBH. Can you describe a little more of what you mean?

Also, I don't know why there is no continious fire. Is it supposed to be like this?

Yes. Soon the Spetsnaz character will receive fully-automatic fire for the USP .45; but it was done that way originally on the SEAL to downplay his use of pistols in favor of heavier automatics.

MAP01 was nice though I thougt it was too tight on pistol ammo. I guess I should have used fists more often.

That's interesting. I playtested MAP01 quite a few times before release of v3 and always exited with a huge surplus of pistol rounds. I'll take another look at the balance on the map before next release.

Really? This is the first I've heard of his height actually being a physical problem for anyone. I'll do more investigating and if warranted I'll change his height to a closer-to-vanilla setting.

Well, just tested it again - same result, mostly when I'm too close to an enemy. I don't think that ever happened to me in any game before but iff I had to guess it screws with my eyesight because I'm trying to look down at enemy or something. Well, that's not a real problem anyway if nobody will experience it anyway.

I don't understand what that means TBH. Can you describe a little more of what you mean?

Actually that was not a valid complaint. I'm just too used to vanilla sprites and they're as good as your pistol after I relooked at vanilla sprites. But if you're interested it was tip of the pistol barrel (not good with gun terminology) that seemed strange to me.

That's interesting. I playtested MAP01 quite a few times before release of v3 and always exited with a huge surplus of pistol rounds. I'll take another look at the balance on the map before next release.

To be honest that might be a result of my chaotic play rather than lack of ammo.

Fisk said:

That is the actual audio of a USP .45 being fired with a suppressor attached. It'll make more sense when all the weapon audio is done, but I prefer real weapon audio to Doom's defaults.

This is a little off topic but I haven't really had any other opportunity to mention this:

I recorded a bunch of gun sounds in real life, thinking they'd be great for Doom, but I found them to be really weak sounding in game; a /real/ shotgun sounds very weak compared to even the stock SG.

When I played the doom sounds for somebody who hunts a lot (also an army veteran), he said that the doom sounds sound more like bombs exploding, maybe bobby prince used explosions (firecrackers, etc.) as the gun sounds rather than real guns?

This definitely doesnt load on even latest ZDoom or Zandronum (the two engines with the biggest furry fanbases)

I am vastly disappointed that I cannot end 2014, or experience any of 2014 playing furry.wad Now I have to go out to a bar or something.

Well...

This is not exactly for a person like me, but I can see the decent amount effort that you put into this... I'm not sure if I can appreciate that effort though...

Eh whatever, my prejudiced opinions shouldn't matter to you anyway.

Spoiler

I actually can't believe I updated my ZDoom for this...

I liked how two classes play out differently in this wad. If your open to suggestions, why not try adding custom skins and HUDs for each of the two classes. I'm saying this because I always enable deathcam (because It gives me a better 'You Screwed up' feel) and when I died, it was a weird break in consistency with the rest of the wad.

P.S: I'm not a furry. [This post script was written for those who will inevitably call me a furry for what I've written in this reply]

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Zulk-RS said:

I liked how two classes play out differently in this wad. If your open to suggestions, why not try adding custom skins and HUDs for each of the two classes. I'm saying this because I always enable deathcam (because It gives me a better 'You Screwed up' feel) and when I died, it was a weird break in consistency with the rest of the wad.

Custom player skins, a custom HUD and some more consistency-related content is coming at some point, yes. I couldn't tell you when, being that it's a large undertaking for me as a shitty artist with GIMP, but it's coming.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

updarted to r5, check first post for download. map02 is more or less complete.

I am amused by the concept and the responses in this thread, so I will bump this. I wanted to make fun of this project in a sophisticated way but it seems a little early to be a hater.