Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elbryan42

Doom 64 Emulation

Before I start, YES I OWN THE GAME. Heck, how do you think I got such great rips (sounds, music, gfx) from the game? Just playing with the new puter. :P

Ok, I now have a nice fast computer. I can now run N64 games. Problem is, it seems to me that Doom 64 emulation hasn't ever been fully done yet. The closest I could get was with Project 64, where it's somewhat playable, but some graphics are missing (weapons, etc) and the sound barely works. Don't know anything about tweaking the emu at all, so any help would be appreciated. I would like to see if I could get the brightness higher on any emulator so I can try to rip graphics at super hi-res. :P

So... any ideas?

On a side note, playing N64 emulated rules with a PSX Dual Shock controller rules. MUCH better than the N64 controller. Think I'll try and find all of my games to play with a better controller.

Because, that topic grew to not even relating to Doom 64. I want this topic to be actually about running the rom, not pirating it, or discussing piracy.

fodders said:

Ahh and the romz are not piracy?

Yeah, that's how the other topic drifted from the question. DON'T DO THAT TO THIS ONE though.

gatewatcher said:

didn't doom64 have a rail gun in it?

No...Doom 64 had

Fists
Double Bladed Chainsaw
Pistol
Shotgun
Super Shotgun
Chaingun
Rocket Launcher
Plasma Rifle
BFG 9000
The Unmaker (a lazer gun)

bigbadgangsta said:

The Unmaker (a lazer gun)

ok so that was a rail-gun immitation taken out of Tom Halls doom bible? was the ammo dead boddies too?

gatewatcher said:

ok so that was a rail-gun immitation taken out of Tom Halls doom bible? was the ammo dead boddies too?

Um..there was no mention of a rail-gun in the Doom Bible....and no the ammo was BFG cells. The weapon in the Doom Bible in fact IS the Unmaker which is a lazer gun, the same weapon put into Doom 64.

bigbadgangsta said:

Um..there was no mention of a rail-gun in the Doom Bible

right, i forgot the rail gun wasnt just a lazer. its like uranium or something. my bad.

Update: Got Doom 64 working with Project 64, except the weapons are still black, and the blood melting effect is missing. Other than that it works great! Still can't capture images at anything other than dark...

...other than dark? IIRC, when I made that assload of Doom64 shots with UltraHLE for you guys like a year and a half ago I had to go into PSP and gamma correct the fuck out of them.

Vegeta said:

I think it may work with UltraHle

deadnail said:

...other than dark? IIRC, when I made that assload of Doom64 shots with UltraHLE for you guys like a year and a half ago I had to go into PSP and gamma correct the fuck out of them.

deadnail only uses quality products.

Ultra HLE (and all hybrids of the program) and NEMU both have severe graphics errors with Doom 64. Project 64 ALMOST plays it perfectly, besides the weapons not showing up. You have to download a custom INI though.

I tried screwing around with screenshots trying to get them to look decent, but though they looked slightly sharper than what I could get off of my TV card, they never looked as vibrant. I'll figure out a way sooner or later...

I remember playing doom64 on UltraHLE years ago without any problems. If I remember correctly I read all the documentation and setup the ini properly.

Do americans spell laser 'lazer'?

Jon said:

light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation how would you fit a z in there?

fodders said:

light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation how would you fit a z in there?

Dunno, I spelled it lazer because that is how it is spelled on stuff. I know the correct spelling is laser.

Jon said:

americans like me can't spell very well. at least i don't spell how i talk, like esco. or else i would be saying "Lazah" (i'm from boston :))

gatewatcher said:

americans like me can't spell very well. at least i don't spell how i talk, like esco. or else i would be saying "Lazah" (i'm from boston :))

Learn to spell, buy a dictionary

Thread closed. ROMs are deemed illegal by Telefragged, and thus not condoned on their hosted sites. Same rules apply here as for warez: no offering, linking to, or asking for it.