Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 14 - "Obsidian is a lazy prat" Edition

Previous session.

Why yes, I do still need to compile the last session! How did you guess?

Ahem. The next session is scheduled for Sunday the 18th at the regular time of 2pm NZ time. Suggestions for maps are welcome and if you want to find me on Skype, look for Obsidian from New Zealand. I'm probably going to hold it at my mate's place again, so expect blumpkins and Sean Connery. In that order.

Maybe Agent Smith as well. I have interesting friends.

Also, a note on themes: Tarnsman brought up an interesting point regarding themes on one of his Twitch TV streams. If I recall correctly he talked about the Tango TV sessions where more often than not a particular gameplay mechanic would be used as the map theme as opposed to decorative themes. So for this session, try and suggest a few things out of the box: think of facets of Doom mapping that are usually left neglected and bring them to the forefront. Good luck! :)

No one cares but I have to note: now I can't join yet, but from February, I'm trying to be a permanent mapper for ASS!

I have plans on that day but I should still be able to make this. :)

As for ideas: perpetual floors need some love. Make the inclusion of at least 2 mandatory. :P

Obsidian said:

So for this session, try and suggest a few things out of the box: think of facets of Doom mapping that are usually left neglected and bring them to the forefront. Good luck! :)

Use of linedef actions 24, 46, & 47

Invulnerability spheres are also rare items, but I can only imagine a gimmicky gameplay centered around them. Maybe it would go! :)

Breezeep said:

Just wondering, Do I really have to go on skype for the speedmapping session?

Nope, I also post the themes here as soon as the session starts. It's always nice to have new people on the call though. :)

Breezeep said:

Just wondering, Do I really have to go on skype for the speedmapping session?

I was never there, and my maps (that I made during the session's scheduled time) got accepted anyway.

Obsidian said:

It's always nice to have new people on the call though. :)

Yeah, it's like, if only you could TALK to the mappers, now THAT would be interesting!

22 hours until the session! I would have posted at the 24 mark but I was waylaid by an awesome game of Borderlands 2. Screw the Bunker with a red-hot iron poker though, seriously. :P

Certainly putting the start times in a few time zones in the first post would help a lot.

Holy shit, I finished a legitimate and cramped speedmap in time!

Map name: Screw midterms and plumbers that wear ties

Theme: Stairs Raise

Format: Boom

Music: I-Ball.mid (shamelessly ripped from DMP2013)

Build Time: Ok, I fucking lost count.

Download

Name: Kettle Decapitation
Format: Boom
Build Time: About 2 hours
Music: "Apophysis" by Alfonzo since I didn't have time to make a speedmidi :<
Theme: Perpetual floors

it sucks monkey chodes