Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabian

Patch: Ultimate Doom 1.9 -> XBOX Doom

Hi there,

I have created a binary patch to convert your ordinary v1.9 Ultimate Doom IWAD file into the XBOX version. For all those who are eager to find out what's the matter with this ominous E1M10 map:

http://greffrath.com/~fabian/d1_ud_xbox

The patch is meant for application with the bsdiff tool:

http://sites.inka.de/tesla/others.html#bsdiff

And, yes, this somehow has to do with the next Crispy Doom release. ;)

Have a lot of fun!

- Fabian

So I used your patch to update doom.wad. It has the edited E1M1 and the new E1M10 and is still an Iwad. But what do you run it with? The new secret exit from E1M1 goes to E1M9 and there's no way to idclev to E1M10 (maybe E1M0 would work better?).

Without a MAPINFO-type file, I don't think any modern port would let you get to E1M10 and the original Doom.exe certainly won't work with 64-bit Windows.

If you have to use an external pwad for the MAPINFO, you might as well have the edited E1M1 and E1M10 in there as well and not touch the original Iwad.

I just want to "spread the WAD". :D

Well, seriously, I was expecting the usual suspects among the source ports (e.g. ZDoom, EE) to already provide native support for this map (I know that nitr8's wii-doom does). If this isn't the case, then the upcoming Crispy Doom will be the first port for PC that does. :)

Edit: Crispy Doom 2.3 is out and features full support for the secret E1M10 map.

So, how do I use this? The software you link to just blinks a command prompt for half a second and then nothing happens.

Wario64 said:

So, how do I use this? The software you link to just blinks a command prompt for half a second and then nothing happens.

It's a command prompt program and doesn't have a GUI, a blatant dead giveaway by having the prompt open and close again as it wasn't given any parameters. Use it the same way you use any other command prompt task.