Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

[Music] 30in30 1-4

HI, JIMMY MAYS HERE WITH...

wlL5CL9.png

30in30 is a collection of 30 speedMIDIs I've created over the course of 2013 to 2015, most of which having been composed for speedmapping events hosted by both TangoTV/Doom Radio and The Abyss. Most* of these midis were written in 30 minutes or less, hence the totally original name. A wide variety of styles and moods are on show here, and it's my belief that you'll find the 30-minute MIDI that's right for your map!

<<< DOWNLOAD >>> (48.9KB)

<<< GET THE MP3S ON BANDCAMP >>>

Track Listing (in order of completion):

Spoiler

1. Flatulence Protocol (2:24)
2. Waning Hall (2:07)
3. Gee, Minor! (1:50)
4. 10mins to 5am (1:18)
5. Let's Do This Shiznit (2:12)
6. Seven the Wicked (2:48)
7. Garden of Delights (2:25)
8. On the Backs of Eagles (2:44)
9. Bumfuzzled (2:53)
10. Minerals (3:02)
11. Technical Difficulties (1:39)
12. The Worst Decision I Ever Made (1:11)
13. Crunch Time (1:15)
14. The Unjolly Reginald (1:11)
15. Phux Ache (1:17)
16. Short Fuse (1:02)
17. Eat Ben and Jerry's (1:18)
18. Dreamgate (1:17)
19. Gary (1:23)
20. Spoopy (1:10)
21. Ankle Grinder (1:36)
22. Day of Birth (1:07)
23. Sinister Waltz of Id (1:40)
24. Butt Clencher (2:34)
25. If You Love Christmas So Much Why Don't You Merry It (2:12)
26. Time Bomb (1:56)
27. Blizzard (1:44)
28. Tidal Waves (1:37)
29. Noirmire (1:56)
30. Walking Through Heck (1:37)

So what are you waiting for? Click that link and enjoy this funderful offer, ya square!

* I should make it clear that some of these MIDIs were not finished within a 30-minute timeframe - some of them weren't consciously speed-written, others just took me longer because I struggled a bit with ideas, or I simply lost track of time and did way more than I should have.

uQOkfNm.png

This is the second installment of the 30in30 series. Personally I think the songs here are much better than the ones in the first, and I hope this trend of improvement continues.

<<< GET IT HERE! >>> THE MIDIS COME WITH THIS DOWNLOAD! WHAT FUN :O

Track Listing:

Spoiler

1. Cosmic Prolapse (1:59)
2. Sleepicide (3:11)
3. Coccydynia (2:34)
4. Something's Gay in Paraguay (1:37)
5. Cease (2:38)
6. Knock It Off! (2:01)
7. Stream of Embers (2:34)
8. Medusa's Gaze (2:41)
9. Nebulous Brain (1:48)
10. We Haven't Liftoff (2:03)
11. Guitar Ass to Mars (2:06)
12. Beg For Thursday (2:04)
13. Banana Bandana (1:50)
14. Nobody Steals Our Chex... and Lives (2:24)
15. Banjo Inferno (1:09)
16. Shitadel (2:42)
17. REVENANT CROTCH STANK (2:41)
18. Fried Eggypt (2:37)
19. Gr8 808, M8 (1:45)
20. Cockney Dong (1:31)
21. Oh No Oboe (1:53)
22. Subzero Shivers (2:10)
23. Ethnic Fantastic (2:04)
24. Hate Machine (1:58)
25. Forbidden Symmetry (2:38)
26. Planet of the Assholes (2:12)
27. Bee Junk (2:03)
28. The King of Jupiter (2:07)
29. Dungaree Farts (2:08)
30. Tower of Sleigh-bells (2:04)

Thanks to Alfonzo who challenged me to a heap of midi duels, and to AD_79, ClonedPickle, battleofthebits.org, and my family for the ideas and inspiration that birthed these strange, strange midis. Shoutout to the people in #doommusicians as well!

9d2EA0F.png

A third one appeared. :O While the quality of this collection of MIDIs is most definitely assured, it is probably due to the fact that this is the least "speedwritten" 30in30 so far, with some tracks taking me upwards of an hour to write, and then a few hours afterwards to fine-tune. Oh well.

Thanks to Alfonzo, my MIDI duel nemesis - to jmickle, less nemesis-y but still very much a tough competitor - and to esselfortium for challenging me to write "What D F".

<<< GET IT HERE! >>> AGAIN YOU GET THE MIDIS ALONG WITH THE MP3S!

Track Listing:

Spoiler

1. Drop the Wombat (2:13)
2. Well of Ass (2:26)
3. Crashed Potatoes (1:37)
4. Destruct (2:04)
5. Mighty High (2:15)
6. Needless Ire (2:21)
7. Bastardville (2:41)
8. Roadlites (2:09)
9. Frantic Measures (1:17)
10. What D F (1:06)
11. Jello Mackerel (2:03)
12. Helix Pants (1:39)
13. Caribou Shoes (1:44)
14. A Frickin' Jungle (1:51)
15. Kraft Twerk (2:25)
16. Itchin' for a Bitchin' (2:08)
17. Halfway Decent (2:04)
18. Because Sultanas (2:19)
19. Torsal Torsion (2:09)
20. Greasetrap Dungeon (2:10)
21. Potioneer (2:15)
22. Lawnmower Marmalade (1:56)
23. Geep (2:52)
24. Acidcity (3:20)
25. Octarine (2:12)
26. Tar (2:15)
27. Adirgio (1:48)
28. Evil Eye (Watches You Masturbate) (2:29)
29. Hot Dog God (1:29)
30. Pearlescent (3:13)

gBOgpn3.png

30in30-4 is a collection of thirty songs I've written in General MIDI over the course of January 2016 - one per day. Some of them are more rushed than others, and some sound rather "experimental" as a result of me quite rigorously forcing my creativity over the course of the last month.

This is the fourth installment of the 30in30 series, and is perhaps the highest-quality set of MIDIs (for their build time and duration) for this series so far.

Thanks to the crew of #doommusicians for their good feedback while I was working on this.

<<< GET IT HERE! >>> AGAIN YOU GET THE MIDIS ALONG WITH THE MP3S!

Track Listing:

Spoiler

1. Time To Be On Fire (2:19)
2. Sol Plummeting (2:58)
3. Encrusted (2:11)
4. Violence Makes Violets (2:49)
5. Protodojo (2:24)
6. Nuclear Fumes (2:12)
7. Delay(0); Restart; (3:16)
8. Last Resort (2:43)
9. Oh (2:27)
10. Oxygenesis (2:55)
11. Cyanide Downpour (4:01)
12. Ampersand (3:08)
13. Mal (2:28)
14. Crystal Iris (3:05)
15. Infuriation (2:25)
16. .mid (2:12)
17. Treacle Empire (3:30)
18. Cloud Soup (3:32)
19. Fearsphere (2:25)
20. Unyes (3:10)
21. Stairway Fairway (2:38)
22. Space Cuisine (2:15)
23. Gatorade Nightmare (3:25)
24. CHaRybdIS (2:52)
25. Minister of the Emu War (2:27)
26. Freighthoppers (3:04)
27. What If I Don't Want To Be A Punching Bag (3:15)
28. Tungsten (3:53)
29. The Ever Shrine - Part 1 (1:59)
30. The Ever Shrine - Part 2 (7:09)

Edited by Jimmy

I thought this would be a speedmidi event, what with the name being so reminiscent of 32in24.

My giddy goodness these bring back some memories, Jimbo. Flatulence Protocol, Bumfuzzled, Shiznit... the old Butt Clencher! Such classics as! Well played, ye hear.

Gez said:

I thought this would be a speedmidi event, what with the name being so reminiscent of 32in24.

Speedmidi would be nice actually.

Good music pack, though. When are we getting that Jukebox update?

I havent heard all of these but I already know they kick ass. I'm down for a speedmidi session, too!

just listening to a few from that pack. great stuff! love that sinister waltz of id. and bonus points for coming up with butt clencher and flatulence protocol :p

walter confalonieri said:

Lots of cool midis here, i think to heard some of these already in some of your maps...

Yep, here's where you'll find them:

Flatulence Protocol - TTVZone!
Waning Hall - TangoTV Speedmapping Halloween special
Gee, Minor! - Abyssal Speedmapping #2
10mins to 5am - Abyssal Speedmapping #4
Minerals - Abyssal Speedmapping #5
Technical Difficulties - Abyssal Speedmapping #6
The Worst Decision I Ever Made - Abyssal Speedmapping #7
Gary - Abyssal Speedmapping #10
Spoopy - Abyssal Speedmapping #11 (Halloween special)
Day of Birth - Abyssal Speedmapping #12
Sinister Waltz of id - Abyssal Speedmapping #13
If You Love Christmas So Much Why Don't You Merry It - 32in24-14
Time Bomb - 32in24-14
Blizzard - 32in24-14

These ones were done on-stream on April 16, 2014:

Let's Do This Shiznit
Seven the Wicked
Garden of Delights
On the Backs of Eagles
Bumfuzzled

These ones were done on-stream on July 11th, 2014 in a MIDI-making race between me and jmickle:

Crunch Time
The Unjolly Reginald
Phux Ache
Short Fuse
Eat Ben and Jerry's

Can we use these freely in custom maps/WADs that we make as long as we provide proper credits? I'm working on a megawad currently and would love to pick out some tracks that fit with my maps.

I updated two midis in here because one (Unjolly Reginald) had a fucked up ending and the other (Bumfuzzled) was an old version.

Hey! I've just finished another 30! Wowzers trousers. Thanks to Alfonzo for challenging me to a bunch of MIDI duels that helped me pump out a load of tracks in such a short span of time. Didn't think I'd get another one out so fast!

I've updated the first post with the track listing and download link. Or you can click this one! Get it here on BandCamp! The MIDIs come with the download!

Glaice said:

Why no MIDI only ZIP download like 30in30?

Yeah, sorry, but please name your price on BandCamp! I made noises that I was going in this direction, but I do want to take things a step further into the professional realm, as I figure it's kind of about time I did so. Hear me out for a sec.

Speedmidi-ing is the method of composition that is most efficient and most enjoyable for me - it's quick, (usually) painless, and most often yields me quality results that I feel I can share.

There also seems to be a demand for MP3 versions of my tracks, so one can easily copy them to CD or iTunes and listen to them on the go. I've received some sales on my compilation album so far, so there's definitely interest there.

The service I've been providing to the community has always been free, and while I'm still happy to create MIDIs for other people for free, when it comes to the stuff I'm most pleased with and can crank out fairly quickly, that's what I want to take professionally. I think this is fair to you guys.

Rest assured, nothing's changed about what I'm doing for Doomworld and its projects. I'm not gonna be charging for everything, just the stuff I feel would be most commercially viable, i.e. what's in demand, and that I can put out most rapidly. :)

Hello yes!

Another one holy shizzles :O Pretty dang pleased with this one, hope you enjoy!

First post updated with track listing and download link. Alternatively --> Get it here on BandCamp! Once again the MIDIs come with the download!

Excellent, had a listen to a few of these (and hey, it looks like I may or may not be using a couple of these in a certain project :P ) and it's all fantastic so far. Will hear the rest when I've got the time.

cool stuff jim, a lot of these would make good doom tracks. sets 2 and 3 are my favorites, really diggin some of these (ethnic fantastic and because sultanas in particular).

I've been doing this sort of thing recently as well, let me know if you guys do speedmidi events or something :D

Ribbiks said:

I've been doing this sort of thing recently as well, let me know if you guys do speedmidi events or something :D

You should come on #doommusicians on OFTC! (and everyone else interested should, for that matter :D)

Alfonzo and I typically battle it out when we're both available, using Mumble to chat to/intimidate/annoy the other. Almost all of 30in30-2 was done during battles to five good MIDIs with Fonz. :P

Can I propose a 30-map speed-mapping session where the author of each map is assigned one track from each 30-in-30, and has to build a map to suit the mood of the midi?

@Jimmy, I've checked out a fair few midis so far, I like what I hear! You're very good at this!