Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Going Down megawad - Music?

Yeah all the music is by me. It was designed using the default windows midi sounds, and sounds a bit crap in other ones, so I'd recommend using that.

There was some youtube video where they were doing like a 20 minute interview with you, was cool to see how much inspiration you received from that museum.

Also you make good doom maps so I approve.

I need to finish Going Down heh.

Dime said:

I need to finish Going Down heh.

I think I need to finish it as well, there are a couple of bugs I need to fix, and watching people playing it made me realise a couple of maps are a bit too cryptic, need to add some automap hints I think. Nothing major though, I'll sort that out at some point.

The music of this megawad simply eclipses the maps. Did you coin a moniker for your unique style yet, mouldy? It's quite unlike anything I'd heard.

Never_Again said:

The music of this megawad simply eclipses the maps. Did you coin a moniker for your unique style yet, mouldy? It's quite unlike anything I'd heard.

I've only ever been an enthusiastic amateur when it comes to making music, so you'd probably have to ask someone who knows more about it. I use all kinds of styles, but there is a discord that ties it all together I suppose.

Anyway, given that some people can't stand the music its good to know I'm not the only one who likes it!

mouldy said:

Anyway, given that some people can't stand the music its good to know I'm not the only one who likes it!

I love the mouldy/cyriak music!

darkreaver said:

It goes (very) well with those twisted animation videos, but in Doom? I dont think so.

I do. Mouldy's maps are also somewhat twisted, and the music matches them well, IMO, and I like both the music and the maps.

I like the songs in theory (weird\mushroom inspired = cool) but not listening to them while playing the maps. So -file mm2mus.wad for me. :)

Oh please I loved the music in the wad! It's nice to hear something other than Metal / Other music from wads/iwads.

Count me as another fan of mouldy's music in Going Down. It's delightfully goofy stuff, to say the least. I'm really bummed that health issues caused me to quit playing Going Down in its DWMC thread after only 6 maps, which I enjoyed immensely. I do plan to get back to it asap, and bump the thread when I do. The thing I enjoy so much in mouldy maps is all the giddy-up and boogie-down action. Fun, fun, fun!

And now there's all these videos to watch, too. I was all but hypnotized by the Cirrus video, and laughed my ass off at Kitty City. Great stuff!