Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiuHaka

Forget Oculus Rift, play Doom with a Toaster

Cool at first glance, then I told to myself: What a nonsense. It appears soooo impractical and uncomfortable to control.

And he plays Brutal Doom.

Quake running on an oscilloscope was a better appealing technical achievement to me. Even though it hurt eyes.

That looks like he played back a demo recorded with M+KB and bashed his hands on toasters while the game played itself.

I realize it's probably a joke but it's just not a very entertaining one.

boris said:

Actually didn't sound unbelievable until remapping the keys.

A speedrun of Hangar or Entryway using only the toaster lever and command prompt would make for an interesting challenge.

First thing I need is a newer toaster.

Zed said:

... Besides, this is probably fake.

I think it is too. I can't bring myself to watch it a second time but watch the screen as hes beating the hell out of those toasters. Nothing is happening in sync with his fisting and doomguy is moving while dude's fists are in the air. A joke video maybe?

Right, challenge mode:

Make doom playable with a cracked calculator screen, a lemon, 2 rusty iron nails, a children's battery powered toy phone, a shitload of wires and crimping tools, 3 half functional relays and a single pole switch.

Make a controller out of that and I will be very impressed.

mrthejoshmon said:

Right, challenge mode:

Make doom playable with a cracked calculator screen, a lemon, 2 rusty iron nails, a children's battery powered toy phone, a shitload of wires and crimping tools, 3 half functional relays and a single pole switch.

Make a controller out of that and I will be very impressed.

My old laptop is about as functional. Challenge accepted.