Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

wads by Daniel that made Neodoom?

How do I find all his wads? If I search for "Author: Daniel" on /idgames I get like 400 results.

P.S. Absolutely enchanted by D_READ from Neodoom.

Damn, what happened? I was looking at that web archive page this morning but now it says the page can't be displayed? :(

More stuff from Daniel. All files hosted on Dropbox are from his website.

NewWorld.zip (Updated)
NewWrld2.zip (Updated)
DoomNiel.zip (Updated)
Daniel01.zip (Updated)
Daniel02.zip (Updated)
Daniel03.zip
Daniel04.zip
Marines.zip (Updated)
Revolta.zip
EMUFMG.zip
Armas_SL.zip
128_Skins.zip

Two from the ZDoom forum. EDIT: Found some more files.

ARSENAL.zip (Updated)
ZDGuns.zip
mapa01.pk3 - Requires GZDoom.
666.rar - DECORATE needs to be fixed to run with recent versions of ZDoom.

I have mixed feelings about his wads. He made pretty good, well structured realistic-like environments that were - despite relatively simple detailing - nice to look at. On the other hand, the maps were a chore to run around, navigate and explore, at least I felt so. He also tends to put too many monsters or too meaty ones in the maps. And finally, his maps typically require jumping, which is apparently the only thing that separates them from vanilla (respectively Boom) compatibility. Since the negative sides I've mentioned strongly affect gameplay, I can't really overlook them, and so I didn't enjoy the wads so much.

Thx Mad Butcher! Hosting a dal01 server currently, very fun maps to play with a company. This was a crazy switch hunt!

Memfis said:

Damn, what happened? I was looking at that web archive page this morning but now it says the page can't be displayed? :(

That seems to happen most often after switching to a different archive snapshot, many of which are incomplete so some links won't work as expected, such as attempting to grab content from the long dead website or its host instead of the archive. I find it particularly annoying when a "this page is available online" page pops up for content that I know damn well isn't there. Try a another archive snapshot and hope for the best.

It seems that the entire BrDoom disappeared from Wayback Machine. Everything was normal until the day day before yesterday. Pretty weird. :S

Ah man, I remember Daniel. I was primarily interested in his weapon wads back in the day. Of course they're no work of art, but being the first ones I've played, it was kind of a bias towards them.

There was also that old Neo Doom 2 beta, that I can't find anywhere.It would be nice if someone could reupload it.

Grazza said:

Yeah, me too.

*Poetry*

Haha! Was he really that butthurt?

EDIT:

Breezeep said:

What lead to his meltdown?

It had something to do with people criticizing his Female Doom mod (or just all his wads in general).

buttspit said:

It had something to do with people criticizing his Female Doom mod (or just all his wads in general).

Wow, was never aware of that...
Personally, I like NeoDoom, and I don't understand that amount of rage in that quotation of his, above...

Daniel said:

YOUR SITE IS A SHIT FULL OF SON OF A BITCHES THAT THINKS THEY ARE DOOM GODS.

We all knew someone was going to be immature enough to quote this magnificent line; let that person be me.