Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dime

Doom Streams

This is similar to (though not quite the same as) something I'd like to see - a 'Demo Club' (like a movie club): set regular times whereupon historic, or otherwise notable demos are selected and streamed, have someone, or a couple of people who really know their stuff providing commentary, and then discussion in the chat. I lack the necessary depth of knowledge to credibly set this up myself, but if someone were to do so I'd be very pleased - it would give scrubs like me an opportunity to learn by watching top players with informed commentary.

durian said:

This is similar to (though not quite the same as) something I'd like to see - a 'Demo Club' (like a movie club): set regular times whereupon historic, or otherwise notable demos are selected and streamed, have someone, or a couple of people who really know their stuff providing commentary, and then discussion in the chat. I lack the necessary depth of knowledge to credibly set this up myself, but if someone were to do so I'd be very pleased - it would give scrubs like me an opportunity to learn by watching top players with informed commentary.

I could structure something like that pretty easily I think, but I'm a bit weary of the idea of streaming other people's demos under my name.

Just a chill stream, playing through the final release of Rush.

twitch.tv/kingdime

Suitepee said:

http://www.twitch.tv/johnsuitepee

My first ever "playtesting" stream. A couple of mappers have wanted me to take a look at their maps, and I'm kind of planning on turning this into a semi-regular feature.

Thanks for streaming my maps John, it's just a pity I wasn't watching at the time to provide comments.

And now to answer a few questions raised in your stream.. Yes, xcrement.wad is an ongoing vanilla episode sized mapset that will probably be completed when those fat tasty pink things finally liberate themselves from the surface of the planet.

As for the inescapable pits at the end of map02, that was simply due to my bad memory. I meant to make the bridge section an elevator, but simply forgot to do so before I released it, so the version you played is technically broken. I fixed it soon after.

As for the theme of the mapset, I was thinking of alternating between tech and hell maps, but that's still very much in the air.

Anyway, thanks for your opinions John. Much appreciated!

Yes, thanks for the feedback, I'm now going through my maps and fixing/adding things here and there.

I am going to stream my playtrought of 3 Heures d'agonie megawad right now. It might end horribly, watch on your own responsibility.

As requested by me so JohnSuitepee can play a mapset without it taking 16 hours :P

Don't worry Archi, I actually plan on replaying map 12 since I enjoyed it so much.