Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scifista42

Doomworld Mega Project 2015 - Now on /idgames

Update: November 22th, 2016: Now on /idgames, even though some resources remained unidentified. If somebody identifies them in the future and lets me know, I may update the textfile and reupload it to /idgames.

> > > Idgames download < < <

Still unidentified resources:

Spoiler

+--------+---------+------------+-------------------------------------------------+
|  Wad   |   Map   |  Resource  |  Name + (Author or Source)                      |
+--------+---------+------------+-------------------------------------------------+
|        |         |            |                                                 |
| DMP15A |  MAP10  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
|        |         |            |                                                 |
|        |  MAP17  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
|        |  MAP20  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
| DMP15B |  MAP03  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
|        |         |  sky       |  ?                                              |
|        |  MAP04  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
|        |         |  sky       |  ?                                              |
|        |  MAP13  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
|        |  MAP14  |  sky       |  ?                                              |
| DMP15C |  MAP11  |  music     |  ?                                              |
|        |         |  textures  |  ?                                              |

List of all maps:
Spoiler

an_mutt - i can't put enough quotation marks around the word 'map' so i wont (Boom) post
AnonimVio - Toxic Graveyard (limit-removing) post
Breezeep - Heat Amplifier (vanilla) post
cannonball - 3000CB (limit-removing) post
ChaingunnerX - White and blue (limit-removing) post
ClumsyDoomer - Dread Facility (limit-removing) post
CWolfRu - Insanity in number (Boom) post - Requires cc4-tex.wad
Demonologist - Vox Populi (Boom) post - Requires q1tex.wad
DMGUYDZ64 - Death awaits (ZDoom, jumping/crouching yes) post
dobu gabu maru - Butcher's Kiln (limit-removing) post
Doomkid - Escape to Sea (limit-removing) post
DoomLover234 - Miner's Paradise (ZDoom, jumping/crouching no) post
dt_ - The dragon rooms (limit-removing) post
Du Mhan Yhu - Water Facility (Boom) post
Eradrop - The Sultan's Monsters Home (limit-removing) post
Finakala - Praise the Lowered (Boom) post
gaspe - Hyperion Space Colony (Boom) post - requires cc4-tex and plmsky1
glenzinho - Downbase (ZDoom, jumping no) post - requires cc4-tex
GregLafitte - Trail of the Renegade (limit-removing) post
Gustavo6046 - Mountain Base (vanilla) post
Impboy4 - Base X Of Phobos (Boom) post
Inkie - Tuesday's Coming (vanilla) post
Jjp - Spite (limit-removing) post
joe-ilya - The Key to Happiness (vanilla) post
JudgeDeadd - Bleeding Hearts and Artists (Boom) post - Requires cc4-tex
Katamori - Doomed Monument (Boom) post
LittleInferno - Doomenstein (GZDoom, jumping N/A) post - Requires Wolf3D_Resources.pk3
Mechazawa - HONEYCMB (ZDoom, jumping ???) post
Memfis - Bastards! (vanilla) post
NoisyVelvet - Find The Magic Pixel (Boom) post
nxGangrel - Fortress of Solitude (limit-removing) post
obake - Ultimate Countdown (ZDoom, jumping/crouching yes) post
Obsidian - Morose Tint my World (Boom) post
Omnistar - Land of Erebus (ZDoom) post
pcorf - Spaceswitch 2 (Boom) post
Philnemba - Fisting in a Nazi Secret Bunker (vanilla) post
Pinchy - Crypt of the Revenant Dancer (Boom) post - cc4-tex textures inside the wad without prefixes
Protester - A Clear Line Drawn (GZDoom) post
RaphaelMode - You Should Go Outside (limit-removing) post
riki2321 - City Escape (ZDoom, jumping ???) post
Rook - Rock Bottom (vanilla) post - requires IKDTEX.WAD
schwerpunk - JAN02 (vanilla) post
scifista42 - Space Base Powered By 3 (Boom) post
scotty - Deimos Quarry (limit-removing) post
Scypek2 - Boom format (Boom) post
SFoZ911 - The Magical Mystery Tour Begins (Boom) post
The Ultimate DooMer - Void Base (limit-removing) post - requires cc4-tex
TheNerdTurtle2 - Haunted Bunker (Boom) post
tomatoKetchup - Arch'Cult (limit-removing) post
walter confalonieri - Black Plague (or some kind of other generic title) (GZdoom, jumping yes) post
XLightningStormL - Hanger 2 (?ZDoom, jumping ???) post
yakfak - Dedicated to Francisco Pizarro (limit-removing) post
Z0k - Another TechBase (Boom) post

Original post:
Spoiler

Doomworld Mega Project 2014 thread here.

This is official DOOMWORLD MEGA PROJECT 2015 thread, this time hosted by scifista42, with TimeOfDeath's approval.

DESCRIPTION:
The idea and goal of the project is to get maps from as many mappers as possible. One map per person. Whether you're a newbie or a mapping veteran, feel free to sign up and post a map! Nobody will be rejected. All maps will be accepted. There is no theme. You can make any kind of map you want. Just submit your map sometime during 2015.

MOTIVATION:
When you post a map, you can expect feedback from people, which can consequently be helpful for you, if you wanted to improve your mapping skill. I'll try to provide honest feedback myself about all submitted maps. In case of vanilla/Boom maps, I can provide FDA demos. Also, when the project will be done and released, it will be probably played by Youtube/Twitch LP-players who play Doom wads, so that you can expect feedback from them as well. Finally, we will be glad for every submission, so that the project would fulfil its goal.

SPECIFICS:
Make one map for Doom 2 IWAD. It has to support singleplayer game mode. Any map format and any compatibility is allowed (vanilla, LR, Boom, (G)ZDoom, ...), but please tell us your map's lowest-possible compatibility when posting the map, and make sure that it's actually correct (e.g. vanilla maps must run properly in vanilla). If you make a map for (G)ZDoom or another port that supports jumping, tell us whether jumping/crouching is allowed in your map, or not. New content is ALLOWED, as long as it doesn't replace any original stuff in Doom 2. Feel free to add custom music, textures, flats, animated textures, sprites and DECORATE-based things (not DEHACKED, and no TEXTURE1 alterations of D2 stock textures). DON'T use the map07 or map30 slots and DON'T use secret exit line actions.

New textures and flats must either be contained in an external official texture pack (for example cc4-tex, d2text), or have a 3-character prefix of your nickname (e.g. SCI*****, TOD*****). Both patches and the textures themselves must have the prefix.

ALL MAPS ARE ACCEPTED: whether they're huge epic maps, joke maps, tiny maps, beautiful maps, ugly maps, etc. Except for abusive maps that use scripts to change people's settings or are 1 GB while unzipped, etc. Make your map however you want.

DEADLINE = END OF 2015

When your map is done, post it in this thread and tell us what your map is compatible with (vanilla, boom, g/zdoom, etc).

DEADLINE INFO

Map submission deadline is set to the very really end of the year 2015, strictly and precisely. In other words, all maps for DMP2015 need to be submitted during the year 2015. When January 1st 2016 comes, I will be accepting maps to DMP2015 only as long as it's still 2015 in some timezone in the world (not necessarily your own timezone - the logic is that this project is managed over the internet, and internet allows you to be virtually anywhere in the world). Maps submitted after that time won't make it into DMP2015, but they will be welcome in the upcoming DMP2016 project. :)

P.S.: Anywhere on Earth implies that 2015 truly ends when it's 0:00 on January 1st 2016 in UTC-12 timezone, which is

>>> 12:00 UTC on January 1st 2016 <<<

so that's also the deadline for all submissions to this project. :)

Bastards!
Tested in prboom-plus -complevel 2, maybe vanilla compatible. Lotsa unused textures and no prefix used, will have to take care of that later. Currently uses a custom sky but maybe it will look okay with whatever sky it will have in the final compilation.

Memfis said:

Bastards!
Tested in prboom-plus -complevel 2, maybe vanilla compatible. Lotsa unused textures and no prefix used, will have to take care of that later. Currently uses a custom sky but maybe it will look okay with whatever sky it will have in the final compilation.

http://i.imgur.com/UEs9ZK5.png

FDA for this first version of your map. Fun level, I admit that I've expected a harsher one, given the title, but I've eventually died anyway, due to making several mistakes consequently. The map looks very nice and coherent and has a good compact layout, no real surprise, I've always liked Memfis's maps.

Oh, I'll definitely be making something again this year :) I'm gonna try something new this time around.. A map in hexen format!

scifista: Thanks. I see you marked it "vanilla" so I guess you played it in doom2.exe with no problems? That's nice. I knew that there shouldn't be any VPOs because Visplane Explorer output looked good, but of course vanilla is very unpredictable so I was expecting a medusa or something like that. Also, I changed the link in my post to a mediafire one, should work for more time than speedyshare.

I'll eventually make a map this year for this...might end up making another vanilla Tyson map :P

Oh yeah, I'm definantly gonna make a map for this!

Spoiler

But until I get my midterms out of the way and finish a map for Pccp 2.

i would like to get feedback to see what i can improve as mapper. i made this map back because i wanted to get feedback but only got one from torniquet. is just a singleplayer map full vanilla compatible.

https://www.mediafire.com/?9w2nw0tl83o98ig

sadly cant upload it as Zip because mediafire it seems cant upload stuff for me in zip

Reason of the edit: fixed the wrong link

Seems to have a missing texture in the very first room. And you could have always just uploaded the wad. :)

Memfis said:

scifista: Thanks. I see you marked it "vanilla" so I guess you played it in doom2.exe with no problems? That's nice. I knew that there shouldn't be any VPOs because Visplane Explorer output looked good, but of course vanilla is very unpredictable so I was expecting a medusa or something like that.

To be honest, I haven't, just used PrBoom-plus -complevel 2. :D But now that you've mentioned it, I've ran around the map in Chocorenderlimits and haven't encountered problems, visplane count was 90 at maximum (out of 128 allowed) and drawsegs around 210 (out of 256 allowed).

EDIT:

@Z0k: Your map only runs correctly with freedoom2, and also, it's not fully vanilla compatible, maybe it's limit removing at best. At least make it run with Doom 2 IWAD without errors, please.

Sign me up please... i have a half idea in mind about a map for this year...

Spoiler

did x-rated maps are accepted too?

walter confalonieri said inside his spoiler:
x-rated maps are accepted too?

Ewww...

You know, it's on the boundary. I would prefer if you didn't make a map in that spirit. Such a map would be accepted, but I would not put it in the final compilation alongside other maps. Instead, I'd probably release such maps in a separate wad from the main compilation, and rather reluctantly, anyway.

scifista42 said:

Ewww...

You know, it's on the boundary. I would prefer if you didn't make a map in that spirit. Such a map would be accepted, but I would not put it in the final compilation alongside other maps. Instead, I'd probably release such maps in a separate wad from the main compilation, and rather reluctantly, anyway.

ok... i'll see to work on something much more different...

Okay, time to get into this again. May the list include me as a future contributor, shame on me if this doesn't turn me out to be one either.

scifista42 said:

@Z0k: Your map only runs correctly with freedoom2, and also, it's not fully vanilla compatible, maybe it's limit removing at best. At least make it run with Doom 2 IWAD without errors, please.

MY BAD. i copied the wrong link from my Thread.

this is the one i mean to post: https://www.mediafire.com/?9w2nw0tl83o98ig

1)http://i.imgur.com/UbFuPWR.png
2)http://i.imgur.com/9X3H6xe.png
3)http://i.imgur.com/482VVLG.png
4)http://i.imgur.com/m4zHzKQ.png
5)http://i.imgur.com/VASohMG.png
6)http://i.imgur.com/lx4SCI2.png
7)http://i.imgur.com/hrYPCdM.png

(D2TWO: Doom 2 Textures Wad Only) i checked it yesterday since obsidian told me about a missing texture and i was like "eh?" until i checked today the link i posted here.

again checked the map and its boom compatible for just one single translucent line textures. so yeah hehe i just need some feedback to see what i can improve

Translucent lines do work in -complevel 2, so maybe it can be considered limit-removing the same way sky transfers are considered boom compatible.

EDIT: oh yeah, I'll sign up too

Z0k said:

this is the one i mean to post: https://www.mediafire.com/?9w2nw0tl83o98ig

Alright, have an FDA - two attempts, both failed, but I've got relatively far on the 2nd try. Visually, the map is fantastic, I can't say anything that could be improved in that regard. Gameplay-wise, the map isn't bad at all. It's very slow paced, which actually fitted its exploratory nature with focus on nice sights, and it was enjoyable for most of the time. Fighting big monsters with weak weapons was prolonging the time a bit too much, and unnecessarily - see the hellknight + mancubi fights, they didn't pose any real threat. On the other hand, the unexpected chaingunner ambushes were pretty vicious. I liked them, they kept the gameplay interesting despite being unsuitable for fast running and gunning, on the other hand I felt like cheated whenever I've died from them, so suddenly and hopelessly. The map was also unsuitable for run-and-gun due to relative crampedness, but I don't say that it's entirely a bad thing, as I said, the map played well in its own slow pace. I liked it a lot - 4/5 stars. ;)

@ Memfis: re bastards!

Played on HMP, which turned out to be a mistake, as I had to turn on buddha mode to get through without savescumming. Beautiful designs, especially great attention to ceilings. Some inaccessible chainguns, but ammo is plentiful, so it wasn't ever an issue.

Speaking of chaingunner, fuck those guys. Excellent, devious thing placement overall.

Tuesday's Coming

A short vanilla map. I tested it in chocolate doom. Does not have difficulties set, may add those later.

It has custom music as well as a sky texture, but I wont say anything if you change the sky.

Inkie said:

Tuesday's Coming

A short vanilla map. I tested it in chocolate doom. Does not have difficulties set, may add those later.

It has custom music as well as a sky texture, but I wont say anything if you change the sky.

FDA, recorded in Chocolate Doom 2.0. Simplistic, but fun map. I liked the structure of the central fortress.