Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keeper of Jericho

Five Rooms of Doom: (32/32) - now on idgames

No, it isn't. Or it shouldn't be. The files in the download links are dated 12/13/14, which is two days before BlueFeena posted an update to MAP25. Others have indicated errors found, or a desire to fix their maps. I'm guessing it's just RL kicking everyone right now.

Nice, I can do a DWP on this and since the maps are short, they'll be even faster to finish in one sitting (or two).

Seems like it would be best for me to wait on this one then, at least until the final, final version is done.

I will make a final, final version including Blue Feena's last update, then upload it on idgames, after which the project will officially and totally be done. It just will have to wait until I have my computer back, since it is currently undergoing repairs.

I've been playing through this and found some errors. Most of them being monsters stuck in walls or to each other. I think everyone needs to go through their maps one more time and make sure this isn't happening, there's been a lot of it. Only on map 6 and seen it in 3 maps already.

Keeper of Jericho said:

I will make a final, final version including Blue Feena's last update, then upload it on idgames, after which the project will officially and totally be done. It just will have to wait until I have my computer back, since it is currently undergoing repairs.

May the final, final version include Blackfire's final, final version as well, now fixing the "sergeants and chaingunners warp too early" bug, and some other improvements. This should be complete by now, like the rest of the project itself.

Took my sweet ass time doing it, but I've at last compiled all files I got after the last update and have finally sent the complete product to idgames archive for uploading. If I did everything correct, than hopefully the wad will be up on idgames soon.

Thanks Keeper! Better late than never. Looking forward to seeing it there! Was the level 7 bug ever fixed? I remember looking at it in the editor and not being able to determine why it wouldn't work. If not, it better to release a full community megawad with one breaker bug than not at all.

I hope it got fixed.

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

-------
MAP07
-------
Can't be finished in ZDoom. Tag 666 and tag 667 don't work because 'map07special' line not in MAPINFO under MAP07. ZDoom will use some default entries if an incomplete MAPINFO is used. Not this entry.

Did anybody read the notes I made?

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Can't be finished in ZDoom.

I played through the entire beta (bar secret maps) in ZDoom without cheating...

Warn me in PM whether there's an idgames link.

Cool. Now I'm finally done with another pending-shit-o'mine.

Cool, i didn't noticed it.

Anyway:

* Copyright / Permissions *

Authors MAY NOT use the contents of this file as a base for
modification or reuse.  Permissions have been obtained from original
authors for any of their resources modified or included in this file.

You MAY not distribute this file in any format.

I know it is minor but... May i suggest to change the second permission thingie? it does not make a lot of sense in this time and age.

Cacowad said:

I know it is minor but... May i suggest to change the second permission thingie? it does not make a lot of sense in this time and age.

Agreed. The point of the community is to share levels with one another.

Things is, I'd have to know if every author would be okay with that to happen to their map. Sure, it was my project, but the maps in it are still not mine (besides Nabataea), so I can't speak for the other authors. Hence why I took the certain for the uncertain.

That being said, the project is now on idgames:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file=levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/5room.zip

I thought I had posted an update for this before, but my post seems to have vanished into thin air... Weird.

Cacowad said:

Cool, i didn't noticed it.

Anyway:

* Copyright / Permissions *

Authors MAY NOT use the contents of this file as a base for
modification or reuse.  Permissions have been obtained from original
authors for any of their resources modified or included in this file.

You MAY not distribute this file in any format.

I'm always amused when I see this standard boilerplate language. I always feel like "I got people to let me use their stuff. Go ask them yourself." It's even funnier when they don't list the original authors, or don't identify who did what.

And under strict legal definition, the second paragraph means you can't even upload the file to the idgames archives. Certainly counter-productive.

We are all here because of the largesse of id. They shared.

Actually, I found a bug on map08. The yellow door to the switch to get the red key does not open as there is a linedef just before that yellow door that is tagged as 126 prevents the door from opening on PrBoom+.

Lingyan203 said:

Actually, I found a bug on map08. The yellow door to the switch to get the red key does not open as there is a linedef just before that yellow door that is tagged as 126 prevents the door from opening on PrBoom+.

Sorry for the off, but wait a minute. Aren't you the one who makes 90's game walkthroughs on YouTube?

Well, this is insane. I didn't expect to come accross you on the Doomworld Forums, but it's a pleasant fact that you're part of it, too. :)

Also, I'm eagerly waiting for the 19th video of your "Five Rooms of Doom" playlist. ;)

Lingyan203 said:

yup, It's on its way. Except map17 it's impossible to access the secret with the plasma gun on PrBoom+

It is possible.

Spoiler

The key is to shoot at the switch which is revealed after pressing the black flag panel with the SSG, while standing on the lowered rods that originally guarded the teleporter to the blue key. It is not guaranteed to make it work for the first shot, but I wouldn't forgive you excluding my mordeth map from your playthrough just because of this.

fuuuck found a major bug in MAP18. dropping into the blood at the SSG where there isn't a teleporter leaves you stuck for good.

is it too late to fix it?

oh, and is there a way to reach MAP27's blue armor secret? (Sector 247)

edit: upon noticing, I realized that several secrets in this level cannot be triggered.