Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Medium sized reeeally difficult map so you're gonna have to watch your ammo and health... also try to implement some infighting and experiment with paths

First attempt at speedmapping which evolved into 5 hours :/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83rvnq8x73t05m5/Hellberry%20Crisis.wad?dl=0

Fixed version for boom and others https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxfo4h6wdvmgl4s/Hellberry%20CrisisV2.wad?dl=0

Doom 2 MAP01
Only tested on UV difficulty

p-plsrespond

I loved it: looks fun, plays fun and the music is obviously fun. :) The blue door doesn't work in prboom-plus because there is another action linedef too close to it, no complaints otherwise. Here is a demo if you care about that stuff.

The MIDI is obviously incompatible with vanilla because it's too big, I think that vanilla's limit for MIDI size is 64 kilobytes. Anyway, I've played the map in PrBoom-plus in -complevel 2, a standard vanilla limit-removing compatibility. Here is my FDA. The only 2 difficult rooms were the start room and its adjanced room on the west side. I gave up after 3 tries, but got relatively very far on my last attempt (and back to the room next to the start, where I've died again). I liked the map, it was crazy, but well varied in texturing and colour scheme, non-orthogonal architecture and nonlinear progression - similarly to your maps I've played before. I've enjoyed it, I'll probably finish playing it in a ZDoom-based port later. Good job.

Memfis said:

I loved it: looks fun, plays fun and the music is obviously fun. :) The blue door doesn't work in prboom-plus because there is another action linedef too close to it, no complaints otherwise. Here is a demo if you care about that stuff.

If this is for Boom, use the pass-thru flag on the offending line.