Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RetroWolf92

Doom Builder 2 Texture Alignment FAIL

I dunno where else to go. My problem is that I can't align the textures because I can't individually control and adjust upper and lower textures. This is pretty annoying considering I'm a decent mapper (I'm the dude who's making TheTheaterTC for Zandro) and I can't find an answer. I've looked on google, nothin'. So if anyone has an answer to this, it'd be much appreciated.

[Edit as of 24 January 2015]
Using Gez's suggestion, I'm going to just use UDMF (Universal Doom Mapping Format, right?) for my maps now.

Adjusting the upper, middle, and lower offsets separately is only possible in UDMF maps; if you're using Doom or Hexen format you'll have to use separate linedefs.

Gez said:

Adjusting the upper, middle, and lower offsets separately is only possible in UDMF maps; if you're using Doom or Hexen format you'll have to use separate linedefs.

Thanks! I guess I'll convert my map then. It's just... I've been using ZDoom (Doom in HeXen) mapping style for a long time. I guess I'll have to change though.

Also as for sliding a wall 1 mu (one little tiny pixel) I wanted the textures and walls to sit flush to each other. Anyhoo, Ima close replies to this topic if I can.

Guest Unregistered account

I saw a play through by Aquarius199 of your Theater WAD and noticed the misalignments. The solution would be to use ONE linedef, but then make the vertical offset 0 and check -Upper unpegged and -Lower unpegged. This aligns the textures in the same way as a one-sided wall!

I remember struggling with this for AGES. It drove me bonkers.

Joe667 said:

I saw a play through by Aquarius199 of your Theater WAD and noticed the misalignments. The solution would be to use ONE linedef, but then make the vertical offset 0 and check -Upper unpegged and -Lower unpegged. This aligns the textures in the same way as a one-sided wall!

I remember struggling with this for AGES. It drove me bonkers.

The problem is that you still can't move the upper and lower textures differently, which can be a problem if you want to align them separately (for example, if they have different textures).

Magnusblitz said:

The problem is that you still can't move the upper and lower textures differently, which can be a problem if you want to align them separately (for example, if they have different textures).

As I suggested in my earlier post above, this is quite easy to do if the upper, middle and lower linedefs have their own sector.
If it is important that the sides are not visible, then this can be done easily by setting the sector depths to just 1 mu or by
breaking up the rear linedefs.

This way each section can have any texture you choose, and can be offset independently from each other.

Example PWAD.

RetroWolf92 said:

Also as for sliding a wall 1 mu (one little tiny pixel) I wanted the textures and walls to sit flush to each other.

As Gez already mentioned, in that case the map must be done in UDMF.

I can't help you or anwser your question, but I recently found out in Gzdoom I can use Shift+Num18/4/6/2 to speed align. I thought it was worth throwing out here incase someone else is doing it 1px at a time.