Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sokoro

Would You date someone who does not play doom?

I guess I would, but it would be much better, if the person could also entertain me by playing doom with me or even making maps for me. Why is there such shortage of women playing doom?

Always. Its not just a shortage of women playing Doom, but who plays a game for 20 years anyway?

geo said:

but who plays a game for 20 years anyway?

Strategy games - chess, checkers, go, backgammon...
Boardgames (maybe even some of those newer german types like Settlers of Catan)
Card games (including solitaire)
Dice games
Tetris
Minesweeper
Dungeons & Dragons or other tabletop RPG
Nethack and other roguelike games

Doom is more violent than most of those, but it's just as casual-friendly. You can play on skill 1 and save game often, if you want.

I would, but if she also thinks it's childish to play videogames or watch Cartoon Network, then it means she's prejudiced, and I don't need that.

Sokoro said:

Why is there such shortage of women playing doom?

fuck knows why this is such a sausage fest, you'd think we'd be drowning in autistic pussy by now.

darknation said:

fuck knows why this is such a sausage fest, you'd think we'd be drowning in autistic pussy by now.

All the autistic bitches play Sonic.

darknation said:

Too bad the gender ratio of high-functioning autists is like 6:1 male to female.

Fucking hell I knew this was a sokoro thread just from the title. Talk about sticking to what you're good at.

Quasar said:

How about a more subtle question; would you date someone who *hates* Doom?

Sounds like a good thing, at least if you're a heterosexual male. It would mean that person cares enough about video games to not only know about Doom but even feel strongly about it, a rarity in itself among women.

My answer to your question is largely irrelevant considering women do not have any interest in me.

Quasar said:

How about a more subtle question; would you date someone who *hates* Doom?

This question is way more interesting, because I'd have to answer "probably not" to it. Not that I'd not try -- I'd just inevitably annoy the other person to death via some Xaser-ism or another. :D

Heh, in general, I'd likely cease being friendly with a person if they tried to get me to quit Doom. It'd be like them saying "hey quit painting, it's worthless you artsy fuck" to folks who are into that. :P

Just stick to dating dumb blondes and rename Doom to something else. If title screen says "Duck II: Hell on Qwak" and has duckface in hud, she won't know any better..

hex11 said:

Strategy games - chess, checkers, go, backgammon...
Boardgames (maybe even some of those newer german types like Settlers of Catan)
Card games (including solitaire)
Dice games
Tetris
Minesweeper
Dungeons & Dragons or other tabletop RPG
Nethack and other roguelike games

Doom is more violent than most of those, but it's just as casual-friendly. You can play on skill 1 and save game often, if you want.

Yeah and I thought of non video games, but then I left it to prove someone reads my comments.

Of course. And I'd date a non-gamer, too. I'd like to share my passion with my gf, but all I really ask is that she respects my choice of leisure activity.

Obviously it was not serious question :) I found some very old thread in search results, titled "Would you date someone who is transgendered?", so I thought about making something similiar with funny twist.

Sure, why not. Can't afford to be picky in this lifetime.

Sokoro said:

Obviously it was not serious question :) I found some very old thread in search results, titled "Would you date someone who is transgendered?", so I thought about making something similiar with funny twist.

How would an autistic toot know what's funny and what's not? Good news, it seems like a case of misdiagnose - you're most likely just a regular retard. Congrats.

Captain Toenail said:

But would you date Doom?!

I would not date Doom. Too many slimetrails, once per month with a human female is enough to keep track of.

Dating ain't no commitment. You can bang and run.