Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NightmareZer0

"Asshole Brown" Comcast is in some shit....

This is pretty hilarious. Someone must have thought she was to get her name changed unless the previous person was an Asshole or the tech support was typing to his friend the word asshole and put that as her name. Its hilarious. I blame human error.

Here in Chicago we've had interesting Comcast news like one Comcast repair guy found sleeping in someone's bed and another Comcast guy that broke in on a woman in the bathtub. He thought she was in trouble, all he heard was her screaming (probably masturbating). Then there's the other Comcast guy that was the last person to see a woman alive... oh Comcast.

Yet to balance things out, I've never had a bad experience with them.

darknation said:

Standard 'I'm leaving this job tomorrow so fuck it' tactics.

No story here.

The story is a reminder that Comcast has a near-monopoly in the US market and can afford to jerk customers around like this. This individual incident is less important than the larger situation it represents.

They hardly have a near monopoly. AT&T and DirectTV beg to differ. Belle, Rogers, Time Warner (which I thought became Comcast). More of the people I know in real life are relying just on Hulu.

darknation said:

Standard 'I'm leaving this job tomorrow so fuck it' tactics.

No story here.

I disagree. Those make the best stories....

geo said:

They hardly have a near monopoly. AT&T and DirectTV beg to differ. Belle, Rogers, Time Warner (which I thought became Comcast). More of the people I know in real life are relying just on Hulu.

I dont even think they offer Comcast where I live (Columbus, Ohio). The major players here are WoW and Time Warner. Time Warner is fucking huge here.

geo said:

They hardly have a near monopoly.

Of course there are competitors. I should've clarified that I meant they have a near-monopoly in some areas. It's the only choice to some people, depending where they live.

Elliott, who is also a Huffington Post blogger, reports that Comcast plans to fix the name, terminate the employee responsible

Is Comcast Skynet?

^ hahaha

It's a common legal term to say "terminated" or even "termed" instead of "fired." I think the correct way would have been to sau "his employment will be terminated." but it gets used so casually here in the US that I didn't even notice.

Comcast isn't far from skynet though, seeing as though they offer plans to technologically link all the devices in your house, so you can change your thermostat with your cellphone or PC. It's a bit frightening to have everything in your house running computers all provided by a single business entity.

I'm a janitor at a Comcast call center/training/technical operations facility. I don't work directly for Comcast but for a contract company.

They don't recycle paper or plastic (I know because part of my job is throwing away all their shit and cleaning the floors). All they recycle are metal sharps, batteries, basically just that stuff. All the workers there are pretty nice but the company itself is huge and a drain on the local economy because they exercise oligopoly power over cable, internet, and phone service.