Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pure Hellspawn

sitting on an exercise ball at work

does anyone do this? do coworkers laugh? is it embarrassing?

we have an influx of people at my office doing this and i'm curious as to why it's being so popular. i'd be embarrassed but it looks like it's getting to be popular.

I was almost certain this was going to be a geo or Hellbent thread.

Welp, when reading about sitting on an exercise ball at work, my lower back did a jump for joy. Little does it know no exercise ball is coming MY way <_<

Maes said:

I was almost certain this was going to be a geo or Hellbent thread.

The lowercase text definitely screamed Hellbent, but hey, we haven't had a good thread from Pure Hellspawn in a while.

I used one at home for many years, and eventually used it for a while at work until it finally got a hole in it. My back loved it and coworkers didn't care at all. Unfortunately, I eventually got good enough that I learned to slouch on the ball, thereby reducing it to nothing but a bouncy chair. But, still loved it.

I did the standing desk for a while, but it made my back hurt more. I hated it and promptly went back to my ball and chairs.

Just make sure you get one appropriate for your height.

Memfis said:

I'm from Russia and what the hell is an exercise ball.

Could've Google searched it, you know. Anyway, it's one of these things:

In Soviet Russia, ball is YOU! Exercise consists of throwing yourself off a building while on fire, and yelling "YEPPA!"

Seriously, what's with all the roof jumping in Russia...either the soil of Mother Russia must be soft, embracing its Russian children that jump into it with a gentle hug, or the Russians themselves are harder than rocks.

Technician said:

You can buy these with dildos attacked to them.

Who, the vodka- and krokodil-filled Russians?

The reason is supposed to be that it helps you focus better. Because you have to concentrate on balancing while doing your work, you don't really have enough band with in your mind to lean back and daydream. I've never tried it personally but I hear it works pretty well.

I need to start doing the exercise ball. I do nothing but sit. My ass is getting fatter. Like I think my bone structure has changed.

Gez said:

Or they're full of vodka and krokodil.

I'm from Russia and how the hell is it possible to be full of krokodil. Krokodil = crocodile.
It's more likely that a crocodile is full of Russians.

ClumsyDoomer said:

I'm from Russia and how the hell is it possible to be full of krokodil. Krokodil = crocodile.
It's more likely that a crocodile is full of Russians.

I like your purity, so don't click this.

Also there's no fucking way I'm sitting on an exercise ball outside of a girl's room.

Krokodil is a homemade dopamine (heroin substitute) that is popular in poverty stricken communities. The user often develops necrosis around the area where they inject the drug. The name comes from the decaying flesh looking something like crocodile scales. The necrosis is caused by the harsh chemical solvents (usually petroleum) used to dissolve the over the counter medicines used to concoct the drug.

EDIT: drew beat me.

Krokodil = desomorphine. Can be synthesized illegally, often times with a great number of chemical impurities that cause horrific side effects. Basically it is a poor man's heroin in Russa, which already has an alarming heroin problem. Part of the problem is geographical (large non-policed border with Kazakhstan through which Afghan poppies and heroin must travel through) and the other part socio-political (little funding for substance abuse treatment, hence a large problem with alcoholism as well). I'd be willing to bet police corruption is another issue with drug trafficking; someone stands to make millions of rubles by allowing all those drugs into the country while pretending to look the other way.

I use an exercise ball to stretch out my back when I injure myself. I wouldn't want to sit on one for an extended period of time. It gives your core muscles a work out when you are forced to balance.

ClumsyDoomer said:

Others said:

Krokodil is a drug

Well...there's another, tastier, and arguably healthier way of being full of krokodil: