Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

Will Dopefish be in Doom III?

IIRC this has been asked long ago (I remember seeing a similar question while I was still just a guest).

I can't see why there wouldn't be a dopey - afterall they could just make a unique texture (or something) and place it behind a secret door.

Probably a Dopefish kinda like the one in Q3A. If I'm not mistaken, Tom Hall still has the rights or whatever to the original Dopefish design.

IMJack said:

Probably a Dopefish kinda like the one in Q3A. If I'm not mistaken, Tom Hall still has the rights or whatever to the original Dopefish design.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he does. Dopefish.com might know...

It should be a 3d rendered dopefish with shaders and bumpmapping in a cyrogenics chamber underwater with raw herion getting pumped into it and a big happy look on its face...

or not

Don't forget the big rabbit teeth :-P

I'd like to see a secret area somewhere in Doom III that's a little something like this... (if this doesn't appear in the game I'll put it in one of my own maps). You're outside on the surface of Mars and between the rocks there's a tiny opening which you can just squeeze trough. After a walk trough a dark canyon filled with dust and rock, you spot a little wooden door in the canyon walls, just high enough for you to crouch trough. Written (or rather, embossed) on it are the words JOHN CARMACK and when you go in, you see a long wooden desk. On the walls are pictures of id guys and on the desk are John's computer (with the 28" inch monitor which has some Doom code on it), an assault rifle and a fishbowl. And if you look real close, you can see the Dopefish swimming around inside.

hmmm...when all the doom 3 newbies come along, do you think any of them will know what the dopefish is?

If you're on one of the Martian moons, you should be able to look up at the Martian surface and see the mysterious Dopefish rock formation.

There's a Smileyface rock formation, why not a Dopefish?

GS-1719 said:

Dopefish should remain a Quake thing. It's not evil enough to be Doom 3.

So what? Neither is John Romero's head on a stick...

You're right - John Romero's head on a stick would suit not Doom 3 enough.

Instead, they should have a seen of him hanging from a wall, being ripped apart by the new Baron, and finally consumed as in the end of the E3 video.

Lord FlatHead said:

I'd like to see a secret area somewhere in Doom III that's a little something like this... (if this doesn't appear in the game I'll put it in one of my own maps). You're outside on the surface of Mars and between the rocks there's a tiny opening which you can just squeeze trough. After a walk trough a dark canyon filled with dust and rock, you spot a little wooden door in the canyon walls, just high enough for you to crouch trough. Written (or rather, embossed) on it are the words JOHN CARMACK and when you go in, you see a long wooden desk. On the walls are pictures of id guys and on the desk are John's computer (with the 28" inch monitor which has some Doom code on it), an assault rifle and a fishbowl.

Yeah - you switch the computer off, and find yourself back on Earth. And learn that there is an invasion from Hell which you have failed to avert.

i have a better idea - in a secret chamber with demons the scientists have actually captured and studied about halfway through the game. The demons are in big tanks with drugs fed to them like the half-life pets area, or the end of a certian game many playstation owners know. you find a scret area by following a tube marked "Pure Heroin" ( hence the DOPE ) into a secret chamber with a massive DOPEFISH. AS you see it, the old song from commander keen "youve got to eat your vegetables" is covered by Nine inch nails with loud distorted guitars.

the dopefish should be MASSIVE, remember how huge he was compared to keen?

Xian said:

i have a better idea - in a secret chamber with demons the scientists have actually captured and studied about halfway through the game. The demons are in big tanks with drugs fed to them like the half-life pets area, or the end of a certian game many playstation owners know. you find a scret area by following a tube marked "Pure Heroin" ( hence the DOPE ) into a secret chamber with a massive DOPEFISH. AS you see it, the old song from commander keen "youve got to eat your vegetables" is covered by Nine inch nails with loud distorted guitars.

the dopefish should be MASSIVE, remember how huge he was compared to keen?

Who is keen? (yes I know)

this idea came to me in a dream:

an Id level. You start off in a Keen-themed area, with different rooms themed after one of the 7 games. Later, you move on to a Wolf 3-D themed area, with swastika shaped rooms. Then, there's a doom themed area, quakes 1,2, and 3 themed areas, and finally, a recreation an Id software office, complete with the dopefish tank.