Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kontra Kommando

Putin's spokesman dismisses 'stupid' Asperger's claim

1. Aspergers isn't even a proper diagnoses anymore, the medical community dismissed it.

2. It concerns me that mild autism is being used as some kind of insult. The US government should be more courteous than that.

All is fair in love and war. The Kremlin's media like Russia Today love to propagate dumb hoaxes like "Obama is a secret Muslim (who's not even a real American)" all the time.

Putin is certainly not an Aspie, but he's probably a sociopath.

sociopaths love being showered with attention and hence being leaders and stuff. they need attention and to know that they are great and better then everyone else.

having an autism spectrum disorder myself, i can say that being showered with attention and being famous/a celebrity is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what i seek in life. for the most part, i'm very uncaring about what other people think of me aside from those i work with or am close to with.

Next thing you know he'll be a short dictator.

Sodaholic said:

1. Aspergers isn't even a proper diagnoses anymore, the medical community dismissed it.

Then what is it that people with aspergers have?

hardcore_gamer said:

autism spectrum disorder. i don't know if they use the DSM in Iceland though. so if you by the ICD you still have asperger's. but here in America, asperger's, kanner's, pdd-nos are all autism spectrum disorder.

hardcore_gamer said:

High functioning Autism.

Glaice said:

High functioning Autism.

I would never tell people I have that. It sounds way worse than just saying you have aspergers. People think of drooling morons when they hear the word autistic, so I would never use it to describe myself.

Coming to think about it, I think the term autism in general is stupid because it covers too many different kinds of people, making it a largely useless term.

hardcore_gamer said:

I would never tell people I have that. It sounds way worse than just saying you have aspergers. People think of drooling morons when they hear the word autistic, so I would never use it to describe myself.

Coming to think about it, I think the term autism in general is stupid because it covers too many different kinds of people, making it a largely useless term.

That's why I seldom pay attention to these terms, and psychological diagnosis. A lot of the studies aren't very well supported. This is why psychology is generally seen as a useless degree.

Its the same issue I have with terms like ADHD. No, the child does not have a disorder; he just can not sit still in your boring fucking class room, because he's already been exposed to highly stimulating things, like movies and video games. Its a hard transition, when you're watch a story unfold with such exciting visual representation, to reading a lame ass, dusty book. Honestly, i believe this is just ignorance from the older generations that can't understand why their kids can't appreciate their antiquated horseshit. Therefore, they invent these illnesses, so they can sedate their kids, and not be such a burden for their disgracefully selfish parents.

hardcore_gamer said:

knowing the Wrongplanet.net community, I'd much rather say I have high functioning autism rather than Asperger's. Of course, I DID have a speech delay and spent significant amount of time in speech therapy and thus my actual diagnosis is PDD-NOS.

Sonichu also comes to mind with Asperger's. So does Gary McKinnon, Adrian Lamo, William Freund, and Ryan Cleary. All of whom actually have or had Asperger's.

hardcore_gamer said:

Special Snowflake Syndrome. Only seen on those who have self-diagnosed aspergers and think they can be assholes without any consequences.

Gez said:

More like stuck on past glory of the USSR.

It is called ASD now and is measured on a spectrum. It's very difficult to pin it down to a couple of universally defining traits. People with ASD are as diverse in their individual traits as anyone else. The best way to describe it is that the brain neurologically processes information picked up from the senses differently, often to the point of overstimulation, and the mind will figure out ways of coping with this in different ways. This can be sight, hearing, smell, touch, eye contact, etc. Anyone with ASD can be oversensitive to any of these at different degrees.

I was finally diagnosed at the start of last year. In my case I'm extra sensitive to bright lights which can often trigger migraines. I also had issues with eye contact growing up. I trained myself to cope with that eventually but it still feels like a very mechanical and artificial process to me. And as is common I usually get stressed out by too much prolonged socializing. Motor functioning can also be affected and in my case I've always had trouble intuitively mimicking body movements of others and stuff like how to hold pencils and silverware the "correct" way.

Sociopathy and ASD aren't mutual. There is a difference between being empathic but lacking the intuitive knowledge to outwardly express it through arbitrarily accepted norms, and just plain not caring about how others think and feel. This is one of those myths that is really annoying and unfairly stigmatizes the condition. That's the main reason it took so long for me to talk to anyone about it and seek a diagnosis.

hardcore_gamer said:

People think of drooling morons when they hear the word autistic

No, they think of people who cannot socialize normally and who instead obsess over things widely considered as mostly inconsequential by the average person.

Of course he dismisses it. "Asperger's" and "autism" are misleading sophistries created by corrupt decadent reactionary imperialist bourgeois psychiatry in order to confuse the People of the Working Classes and mask the shortcomings and evils of evil American imperialism, as well as the alienation and unnatural psychological states that it causes to the Proletariat.

It's really more of an excuse to pump kids full of harmful pills they don't need. What was ever wrong with being a quirky introvert? If your problems extend beyond that, it could very well be something else.

Speaking from personal experience, people on the Autistic spectrum tend to have no real desire to be in a leadership position, as they don't like being the center of attention or constantly being around people and having to socialize, especially in a diplomatic setting where your critics are constantly scrutinizing every aspect of your words. Not only that, but the characteristics of people who tend to end up in leadership positions to begin with (alpha male types who are quick to speak out, rise up and take charge in any situation, in addition to the aforementioned social skill prerequisites) are often very much unlike those with Autism.

Well, at least they started with something "soft". With Hitler, they propagandized that he had just one testicle and every psychiatric affliction and sexual perversion possible (on top of he being presumably a Jew, a Freemason, a communist, impotent, and presumably homosexual) to the point that it's nearly impossible to do any actual research.

I guess the "West" tries to appear more sympathetic(?) and comprehensive(?) by ascribing just a mild -if debatable- psychiatric ailment to Putin, rather than calling him an outright sociopath. It's a diplomatic (?) way of saying "The little man has issues, don't take him too seriously".

Maes said:

Of course he dismisses it. "Asperger's" and "autism" are misleading sophistries created by corrupt decadent reactionary imperialist bourgeois psychiatry in order to confuse the People of the Working Classes and mask the shortcomings and evils of evil American imperialism, as well as the alienation and unnatural psychological states that it causes to the Proletariat.

And thus all autism in Russia was cured instantly by Batyushka Volodya simply declaring it doesn't exist. Sad thing is, I can totally see it happening. Gays are already close to being declared traitorous agents of the corrupt West.

The claim in the OP is laughable bullshit though. American propaganda is on par with the worst reality-denying dictatorships and skanzens of Stalinism. Murcans buried Fidel at least ten times... in the last 5 years alone. Murca is no stranger to character assassination - even where there's no need of it!

Kontra Kommando said:

Its the same issue I have with terms like ADHD. No, the child does not have a disorder; he just can not sit still in your boring fucking class room, because he's already been exposed to highly stimulating things, like movies and video games. Its a hard transition, when you're watch a story unfold with such exciting visual representation, to reading a lame ass, dusty book. Honestly, i believe this is just ignorance from the older generations that can't understand why their kids can't appreciate their antiquated horseshit. Therefore, they invent these illnesses, so they can sedate their kids, and not be such a burden for their disgracefully selfish parents.

Wow, you really are ignorant. I have ADHD (I did not self-diagnose, a doctor did when I was young and every now and then I still have to meet one) and it has really affected my life. And it's people like you that help make my life worse. It is a very real problem, and fuck anybody who tells me otherwise.

Kontra Kommando said:

Are you serious? I suspect you have absolutely zero knowledge on ADHD. I myself have ADHD and it dosen't matter if I'm in a class room or watching an exciting movie, I will get distracted by any little thing.

And you think that a bunch of old men gathered up and created this "Hoax" that you seem to call ADHD because they dont know why the younger generation dosent like the things from their time?

Oh ya and then we always have to blame the parents, I'm going off topic for a bit but why is it that we always blame problems on others? Its never our fault? This society just blames others to forget about their problems.

hardcore_gamer said:

Probably a great big can of butt-hurt and too much mommy time.

Flesh420 said:

Probably a great big can of butt-hurt and too much mommy time.

I don't even care that I'm on the Autistic spectrum, this made me laugh.

Gez said:

Agreed, and it'll take more than a Pentagon brainfart to convince me otherwise.

hardcore_gamer said:

Wow, you really are ignorant. I have ADHD (I did not self-diagnose, a doctor did when I was young and every now and then I still have to meet one) and it has really affected my life. And it's people like you that help make my life worse. It is a very real problem, and fuck anybody who tells me otherwise.

Damn man, you have aspergers in addition to ADHD? However, if you weren't blinded by your ignorant rage, you would see I wasn't exactly attacking people who are diagnosed as such. I said that I believe that it may come from a flawed understanding of contemporary childhood psychology. I think that as society changes, so do the way people think. I think its likely that exposure to mass media, has significantly changed the way minds develop. Though I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but I do believe that it clashes with some institutions, that expect behavior to be stagnant.

Kontra Kommando said:

Damn man, you have aspergers in addition to ADHD? However, if you weren't blinded by your ignorant rage, you would see I wasn't exactly attacking people who are diagnosed as such. I said that I believe that it may come from a flawed understanding of contemporary childhood psychology.

What makes you think that only one person has examined me? I have met many doctors and medical professional in my life. And they all agree that I suffer from these things. I also have tourette's syndrome. I got medication for that last one though, but I don't take it anymore.

Take it from someone who has hid the fact until now that they were diagnosed with Asperger's to tell you this 'disorder' is totally bullshit.

It does not exist as a disorder on its own, you have just have social anxieties like everyone else. Sometimes you do shit that other people find odd or uncomfortable every now and then and afterward life goes on as normal. All being diagnosed with this shit did for me was make me feel like something was wrong with like I was retarded or something when nothing is actually 'wrong' in any sense. My brain just works in a different way than other people's do and my social skills sort of suffer for that. The diagnosis of Asperger's is a lazy as fuck attempt to just group people into categories based on the few shortcomings of their personality.

Hell labeling this into the ASD thing is the worst too. I've literally hid this from people the majority of my life because its fucking embarrassing to be equated to someone with autism because YES, I don't care what you say, the majority of the public does equate autism to a drooling tard. People ARE the fucking insensitive, judgmental and stupid. Especially here in the US where its almost as if people strive to be as dumb as humanly possible.

I was on medication for ADD/ADHD when I was in primary school during this oh so lovely Ritalin years where parents actually thought it was a wonderful thing to give pretty much meth to their kids to shut them up and then subsequently wonder later in life why they ran into so many problems in life with vices and such. I was in special education classes with other kids who ACTUALLY NEEDED to be in there and was told the majority of the time that I was gifted and intelligent but I learned differently and had to actually accept that bullshit. Hard to do when your elders are trying to convince you you're smart in a room full of kids that either have serious mental issues and will require assistance the rest of their lives, or are just sociopaths in the making and being nice to them is only refining their ability to manipulate other people.

Its all fucking bullshit. All of it. I'm sick of fuckers telling people they're ignorant for calling this stuff out for what it is because THEY want to get away with using this crap as an excuse to be lazy, out of hand 24/7, or just generally irresponsible. No this did not disturb my life all that much other than having to put up with people taking it far more serious than it actually is. I got my ways to cope and do not NEED a therapist to just get on with my life and neither do like 95% of the people who claim to have this problem. It's just social awkwardness at a slightly higher level than it is for other people and the ability to do the extremely normal and human thing of being fascinated more than others at certain subjects. Nothing more.

Well said StevieCybernetik. Well said. As someone who was also diagnosed with Asperger's as a child, I can confirm that the entire "condition" is a complete joke. There were a few years as a child where I would say something dumb or whatever, but that stopped by about age 12. I've been perfectly normal ever since. How is that even considered a disorder? Isn't that like... part of growing up?

Thankfully my parents never put me on medication (I didn't need any) and they definitely didn't send me to some bullshit school for retards. It's dumb diagnoses like these like needlessly put kids on pills and make them feel ashamed for absolutely nothing at all. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely real mental disorders out there, but Asperger's is not one of them. It does not belong in the same sentence as Autism.