Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man'O'war

opinion on favorite doom enemy

dsm said:

/Me chokes
WTF!? Romero the best enemy??? That thing is possibly the single most annoying enemy of all. Its only weapon is spawning critters and you have to vastly depend on luck combined with skill (but luck is the biggest factor) to kill it - needing too much luck to kill an enemy = not fun!

And no, it does not spit out cybies and SMs (thankfully).

Head on a stick doesn't spawn monsters.

Lament said:

Head on a stick doesn't spawn monsters.

Even so, the head on the stick just stands there - it doesn't fight back, bah!

Cacodemon wins, because:

1. It makes funny sounds
2. It greets you with a HUGE smile every time
3. It appears to be very relaxed, as it floats almost
carelessly around.

:)

btw, painted face rules too. He is, after all, the most evil
of them all, although he looks kind of... flat.

Painted face? WTF are you talking about? Only guy with a painted face I can think of is Ronald McDonald, and while the McDonald's franchise is undoubtably evil it ain't in doom.

Svinet said:

:)

btw, painted face rules too. He is, after all, the most evil
of them all, although he looks kind of... flat.

painted face? what is that?

dsm said:

Even so, the head on the stick just stands there - it doesn't fight back, bah!

Yes it does, it looks like John Romero which sends you running in the opposite direction in fear!

bigbadgangsta said:

Yes it does, it looks like John Romero which sends you running in the opposite direction in fear!

lol

bigbadgangsta said:

Damnit BBG, John is sexy.

oblivion said:

you know, the goat on the wall in map30

You mean the Icon of Sin, the Baphomet.

Don't call the thing 'Baphomet' damnit.

Man'O'war said:

HELP ME OUCH LIAM NO STOP PULL OUT PULL OUT IT HURTS!!32

roflmao. Liam, you're contradicting my quote in your sig, I said girls. No wait...I guess it's still right ^_^

The imp is nice. :D
And well, also the cyberdemon.

bigbadgangsta said:

John Romero is cute. Nah, if I'd want to look at a man that could make me run in the opposite direction in fear it would be deadnail :-P

Spides all the way dudes! Arachnotrons are bad ass, rippnig anything apart with 5 billion plasma round per minute as does the spider master mind and his über-chaingun. ;P

Spike said:

Are you kidding? They're like beachballs with horns.

ROFLMAO!!!

I got three faves. the arch-vile. scared the shit out of me the first time I saw it. cool sounds, awesome attack animation. caco, love the hiss and death sound. and the hell knight. goat demons rule, and he's got awesome sounds.

I do like the mancubus sounds and attack, but otherwise he just don't work for me. I hate the arachnotron. they just suck, especially in mass quantity. the most annoying enemy IMO, is the pain elemental. they look and sound bad and attack by making a new enemy. nothing satifies me more than watching one explode.

My favorite is and always will be the Mancubus, the most original of all species in Doom the obese lumberjacks haul tired balls o fire at you, they dance the cha cha to the sound of your chaingun and have some nice red goo hanging down from their chin while exercising them limbs.

Their eyes are to die for and really support a feeling of 'promise and superiority' amongst the inhabitants of that room you are in.

Interestingly, on Doom2.net I read an article about how the fat guys had been found in lockers or something and then taken to labs by robots and installed with fuel in backpacks.

Spectes and Demons are the most annoying, especially when on the first levels all you have is a pistol and there in the same room as you which is about 90x90 or under....Arf

;punt;punt;punt;grawl;grawl;punt...and you're waiting their for a minute for it to die.

The most annoying monster must be either the Arch-Vile or Pain Elemental, imo.

Epyo said:

commander keen all the way. w00t!

No dammit. They're too hard to kill.